Prologue: The Mad Scientist - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 11:57 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
"What can we offer them in terms of peace agreements? I would much rather speak with them than try and fight them, especially if they are going to be as dangerous as you say. If we could make an agreement with them then we could have them aid us in our greater war."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
"The only language that Orcs seem to speak is brute strength. They're not much for talking, and will not honor agreements made unless a threat of superior force hangs over them. Either that or the promise of a better fight and loot by following it."

"They seem to attack Trunau every year almost for the sheer sport of it. From what I understand, many outcast Orcs try to atone for whatever caused them to be dishonored in the first place by attacking the town. Most years they surround Trunau, assault it a few times over the course of a month or two, then move on."

He paused and thought.

"I'm just not sure about what we can do to make them stop short of retaking and holding a significant portion of southern Belkzan, and nobody thinks that it's worth the cost in blood."
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 01:40 PM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
It was understandable from the Orc's perspective why they attacked Trunau, battle gave them purpose. They may have wanted the town's food, supplies and even perhaps some of the women for breeding, but it was the bloodshed and violence the Orc's craved, to fight and prove their strength against what they saw as a weaker foe. Battle and proving one self as strong was a key component to Orc mentality.

"Once we defeat them, in this raid, they may seek a different, weaker foe to terrorize. But if there is no other source of battle to be found, they may strike again next year." Gnar was quiet for a second as he gazed into the fire. Then his head turned and his voice came out in an alien manner, Dracknor's booming voice.

"We Should Kill them All, break their bones and behead them all to decorate the walls of Trunau! That would stop them from Attacking!"
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
Mackenzie jerked his thumb toward the half orc. "Gnar gets it, I hope the rest of you do too. Now to bed my little cadets, tomorrow comes early and I know that you'll want a chance to check out the town before the ship sails."

The cadets had been surprised to learn earlier in the day that they would not be pulling any watches that night. Normally a group of soldiers who traveled in such numbers would only have to pull watch once a week or so. However, the cadets had drawn them nearly every night during their journey. So the rest was a welcome break, and they all fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly they were awoken by a thump and a breathless groan. As one, they sat up to see a dark figure stood over Sgt. MacKenzie, and withdrew a blade from him. His eyes closed in pain, the Sergeant has his hands over the wound, blood pouring from around the edges. "Guard! Cleric!" he said desperately, unable to shout.

 
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 10:48 AM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
With a growl Gnar awoke to see the horrible sight not far from him. He rose and
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (13)+1 Total = 14
went to pick up his nearby sword and shield, to face the dark killer in their camp. He thought the other men were watching over the camp, if only he'd known there was a danger here he might have been more diligent. He knew he had to get close to the Sergeant to heal him with magic as soon as he was able.

Still waking, adrenaline pumping his blood awake, he was still too slow to act before this foe.

Last edited by jalroy; Mar 17th, 2014 at 09:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 03:42 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
Hurin takes a minute to erase the sleep from his mind before
Dice initiative:
1d20+6 (1)+6 Total = 7
finally getting his bearings and as he does he pulls his bow before yelling for his companion."Mane strike him down!"
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Mar 16th, 2014 at 03:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Akoragh comes to and sees what happened.
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (17)+3 Total = 20
Responding by grabbing his gun and letting lose a
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (14)+4 Total = 18
shot.

Last edited by Xbow; Mar 16th, 2014 at 10:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
The oversized longarm
Dice Musket Damage:
1d12 3
barked a shot, which struck the shadowy figure and caused it to turn in place. The attacker used the momentum to their advantage, and grabbed a small bag on the ground next to MacKenzie before it sprinted into the nearby trees and disappeared from view.

 

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 17th, 2014 at 12:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Akoragh noticed that the commander was bleeding and faintly hear what he had said. In a roar he yelled for guard, cleric then immediately took off. While he was pursuing the target he was preping his weapon for the next shot, knowing that this figure could easily bring him down. Being able to see at night did have its perks after all.

Last edited by Xbow; Mar 17th, 2014 at 01:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
The Drow entered the small copse of trees and
Dice Perception:
1d20+2 (7)+2 Total = 9
peered around. Despite his dark adapted eyes, the dark figure had somehow vanished. Behind him, Sgt. MacKenzie continued to groan in pain as blood pooled from between his fingers.

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 17th, 2014 at 01:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Akoragh takes a guess as to where he would run if he were the shadowy figure, going deeper into the forest. After about 60 feet he stops to
Dice perception:
1d20+5 (17)+5 Total = 22
look around.
 

Last edited by Xbow; Mar 17th, 2014 at 04:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 09:06 PM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar, seeing the dark assailant flee, his concern was for Sgt. MacKenzie. Gnar rushed to his side to administer
Dice Roll:
1d8+1 (6)+1 Total = 7
the spell of healing.. He stayed by his side to speak his words and watched as his companions chased after the attacker, waiting to know MacKenzie is safe before joining them in the chase. Dracknor let out a growl of anger, wishing to see the thief brought to death quickly.

 

Last edited by jalroy; Mar 17th, 2014 at 09:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 10:39 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
Hurin sends Firemane into the jungle, the smarter than average horse being given direct instruction to track down the figure that harmed the Sargent then sets himself upon the highest ground he can easily find,
Dice * perception:
1d20+1 (9)+1 Total = 10
scanning the surroundings with his bow drawn, his human eyes having difficulty with the darkness.

 
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Mar 17th, 2014 at 10:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
Firemane and Akoragh scoured the nearby copse of trees, while Hurin kept a keen eye open, all looking for the figure that had done such harm to MacKenzie. Yet, vengence was not to be theirs that night, for they could find no trace of the assailant in the surrounding area. They returned to the camp at the same time as a large number of soldiers, who had been drawn by the commotion and shouts. It took a significant amount of Gnar's power, but he was able to stabilize the Sergeant. Though he would be left with a nasty scar to add to his collection. Exausted from his ordeal, MacKenzie was able to whisper one sentence to the three before passing out.

"The bastard took my orders, now someone will know our whole plan."

 

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 18th, 2014 at 05:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Akoragh turns to the other men and says, ill keep watch for the rest of the night for us, rest well. Akoragh roams randomly throughout the night to not be predictable.

Last edited by Xbow; Mar 18th, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB