Prologue: The Mad Scientist - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Mar 24th, 2014, 08:57 PM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar hadn't weighed in much on the plan to slicking up the wall so the Orc's couldn't climb it. Throwing down hot oil to set ablaze seemed a smarter tactic to him. He felt if Professor Ignacious needed to craft anything before the assault, some anti-toxin to resist any poison on their arrows might be a better use of his skills. Gnar wasn't going to argue against their plan, but did want to point out the need for the anti-toxin.

"Perhaps you could also produce some anti-toxin, to resist any poison the Orc's might use." He gave a toothy grin as he
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (17)+5 Total = 22
viewed into his face, pleased he seemed lucid for a change.

Last edited by jalroy; Mar 24th, 2014 at 08:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 01:53 AM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
Hurin takes a moment to
Dice perception:
1d20+1 (19)+1 Total = 20
gather himself and observe the professor. After he gets a solid understanding of his surroundings he goes on, "I have to agree with the anti-toxin, though finding a way of just stopping the arrows from being a problem in the first place is likely the better tac to take. Knowing making a frictionless substance in proper volume is out of the equation what tactic do you think would help? I have thought of fanning out planks to make it impossible to get pass the lip but that runs into a bit of problem with supplies, time, and labor unless the city is well prepared."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Mar 25th, 2014 at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
"Hm, anti-toxin huh. That may be the best route to go, I can't make a ton of it, but what I can make should save some lives, no doubt about that. I'm proud of you Gnar, I bet that was you who came up with the idea and not Dracknor huh? I bet he's saying something like 'poison only kills the weak!'" the professor had an amused look on his face.

"Really, we're helping simply by being there with our manpower and cannon. This town has existed for over a century like this, they are well prepared to defend against an orcish assault. Not that I want to stifle your creativity, you may just come up with an idea that no one's ever thought of before, but be thinking along the lines of what will work with limited time, manpower, and supplies."

As he spoke, Gnar and Hurin saw a rather large fin breach the surface of the water a few hundred yards away. Alarmed, they watched for a while but saw nothing else.

"What's up?" the alchemist asked. When they told him what they saw, he answered, "Mmm, yes, much exists beneath the waters that we cannot begin to fathom or understand. Such is the way with the universe as well." With that, he walked away, muttering to himself about cabbages.

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 25th, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 08:43 PM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar watched the area where he spotted the large fin and the surrounding waters for a few minutes silently. He wasn't going to worry about the monster if no one else seemed concerned on the boat. Still he was curious if he could spot it again, perhaps get a better view of the beast.

"Think that thing will rise again?"
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 10:56 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
"If we are under the eyes of a kind God no, but my life has left little hope of that." As Hurin finishes speaking he begins stringing his bow, while he could not be sure if the thing would threaten them he had found when life gave you an obvious sign of potential trouble you had to be an idiot to ignore it.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
Who cares, if it can bleed, it can die. said Akoragh.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
The three watched for a time, but nothing else unusual happened.

A passing sailor noticed them staring off into the sea, and came over to investigate. "What're you kiddies so interested in, haven't ya ever seen a sunset before?" He cackled loudly at his own wit.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 11:24 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
"Seen plenty of sunsets friend, but few that road the back of a kraken, I must say the view from the ship is beautiful. I hope I have more chances to sail after this, though I am sure Mane doesn't feel the same."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
"The Kraken huh? No Kraken in Lake Encarthan. I'd know, I used to hunt Kraken off the The Shackles in my youth." The grizzled old sailor said this with complete seriousness.

"There have been some strange rumors in port about three eyed monsters coming up from the underdark lately. No ships have disappeared though, so who knows?"
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 10:39 AM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar nodded at the comment but was still silent. He was half listening to the spirit Agatha spin old stories of the ocean mosters. Dracknor didn't have a great deal of experience on the water and was more experienced with land. Luckily none of the other spirits had joined them on the deck and had wandered off elsewhere.

"Come friends, evening meal should be ready soon..." Gnar turned away from the railing to head below deck. "Perhaps after we've eaten, we can play at dice? Gamble a bit of coin? Take our minds off the battle ahead for a little while."
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:55 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
"Sounds like a plan friend." While Hurin tried to put on a happy face for the others the idea of beasts from the underdark in the ocean gave him a sense of unease he could not shake.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
The rest of their voyage passed without incident, and they arrived late in the evening at Vellumis, the oldest and largest city in the nation of Lastwall. A bustling port, Vellumis played host to newly arrived crusaders, as well as sailors and merchants, and was, thus, the most cosmopolitan of all the cities of Lastwall.

Despite this, it still maintained the nation's strict adherence to order and rules, and though fun could be found within the walls, it was only tolerated when kept either squeaky clean, or quiet and to a minimum.

"Welcome to Vellumis," MacKenzie said to the cadets, "the city has agreed to put us up in one of it's barracks for the night, so feel free to go out and enjoy the town. Stay out of trouble though, I don't want to bust you out of the stockades in the morning."

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 27th, 2014 at 05:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:36 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
"I would rather just stay in the barracks for the day if that is alright with you." While unlikely that his past would cause problems if there where any town for it to be brought to light this would be the one.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
"Hey, no problem by me. This is the last large city we'll pass through on our way to Trunau," Mackenzie said, "I just wanted to give you all a final opportunity to enjoy yourselves, but what you do with your free time is your business of course." He smiled.

"As for me, I'll be going out for a quiet drink."
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 11:03 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
Damn, after what happened in the forest I don't feel safe letting the Sarg go without an escort. "In that case I may just have to join you Sir. I figured in this town any drinking would get you stockaded but if I am with you I am sure it will be fine."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB