Prologue: The Mad Scientist - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:01 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
She turned her head to
Dice Sense Motive:
1d20+8 (7)+8 Total = 15
stare at him with an exasperated look on her face.

"Ok Thomas Halden of some stupid academy, why are you bothering me? I promise that I'm not your type and you're certainly not mine."

Last edited by Adamah; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 09:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:15 AM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar looked to MacKenzie to see what should be done. Hurin was boldly confronting the woman which made a great distraction if they wanted to capture or arrest her. Getting guards to help might be possible but considering the crowd unlikely to be a good help. Gnar was still a bit wobbly on his feet due to the drinks he'd had, but gripped the hilt of his sword and assured he could still fight if necessary.

"We should block her escape, Sir, correct?"
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:31 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
"I don't know Gnar, I can't tell if that's the same person that stabbed me or not. I was busy bleeding at the time. Even if it was, maybe her mission is to delay us if at all possible, and if we attack or try to have her arrested, we will surely be subject to lengthy legal proceedings which will indeed delay us. I'm honestly of a mind to let her go at the moment."

 
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 10:36 AM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar looked into the eyes of MacKenzie, having forgotten that he wasn't aware of his connection to the spirit world and the clues that that connection sometimes provided. Dracknor wasn't often one to reveal such things to Gnar, but he trusted his word when he did so. If Dracknor recognized that woman as the attacker, then he knew it to be so. He was about to tell him so, when Dracknor himself took charge, in the quest for justice.

"I assure you, MacKenzie, that is the same vile woman who cowardly attacked you in your sleep, to flee into the darkness with your orders. And weather by luck or the will of the gods,
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (19)+7 Total = 26
you now have the chance to confront and avenge her attack in kind!"

Last edited by jalroy; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 10:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 01:50 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
"Darlin I am going to be real honest with you, I have had a bit too much to drink and
Dice bluff:
1d20+6 (8)+6 Total = 14
I just want someone who can help me walk home without me ending up beaten in a ditch by the local authorities, I don't much like spending time around paladins on the best of days let alone when I am too drunk to fight back."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 05:19 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
She
Dice Sense Motive:
1d20+8 (1)+8 Total = 9
looked at Hurin again, this time in a more appraising, hungry, kind of way.

"Alright then little boy," she said seductively, "perhaps your figure is girlish enough for my tastes after all. I don't want to hear any crying later, though, when you see what it's like to be with a girl like me."

With that, she stood up, grabbed him by the collar, and dragged him out of the tavern. Various hoots and hollers followed them out.

-------------------------

"Alright Gnar," Mackenzie replied, "But I don't want the authorities to get involved, we don't have time for that nonsense. No murdering either, but if we can get her alone and 'convince' her to talk and get my orders back, I won't complain." He looked again in her direction.

"Uh oh," he said, "looks like Hurin is biting off more than he can chew. Ok Gnar, this is your bright idea, what's your play?"

Last edited by Adamah; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:43 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
As the woman grabs Hurin's collar a deep-throated growl bubbles from between his lips before he grabs the woman tightly around the waist in a tight embrace, and whispers into her ear "When this shirt comes off you will see I have been through far worse, and for things not half so pleasant." Before lightly nipping her ear.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 07:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 10:57 AM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar hadn't expected Hurin to be hitting it off with the assassin, and didn't know if he was trying to truly seduce the woman or lure her into a trap for Gnar and MacKenzie to help corner her. He hadn't expected a fight so left his armor behind, yet he nodded to Hurin, attempting to give him the signal they had his back. He really had no idea what plan to take besides grabbing her when they had the chance.

"We follow them, till we can get her where she can be cornered, prevent her from escaping," Gnar whispered to MacKenzie. Dracknor disagreed and felt it was best to attack the assassin now while she was least expecting it, but Hurin could be hurt in such a surprise attack, not to mention the rowdy crowd of the tavern could get involved. "Stay close enough to see them and far enough not to be spotted..."
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
"Mmm," the girl responded once they reached the outside, "then show me where to go little boy."

 
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Xbow's Avatar
Xbow Xbow is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2018
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Posts: 4,497
 
Akoragh keeps preparing for battle counting his ammo, cleaning his gear thoroughly, loading and unloading his weapon. He keeps running the cannon instructions through his mind. After a while he meditates with his weapon loaded in-front of him facing the door.

Last edited by Xbow; Apr 7th, 2014 at 02:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 10:56 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
Hurin grabbed the woman somewhat more roughly than he normally would grab a woman but he thought that that would right given the situation. "I think the nearest Inn is plenty far enough." He let his voice out with plenty of heat, believing the woman to be most likely to respond to the strong arrogant side of him.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
She looked at him, then burst out giggling as if his actions were the funniest thing she'd seen in some time. "Alright then, I think there's one down this street." She led him out of the alley and down a side street.

Gnar and MacKenzie exited the bar just in time to see them leave the alley and turn right.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 10:24 AM
jalroy's Avatar
jalroy jalroy is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2014
RPXP: 119
jalroy jalroy
Posts: 466
Gnar was never the good at hiding, but he still did his best to act naturally as if he was just another person as he walked down the alley,
Dice Stealth check:
1d20 7
trying not to draw attention to himself as he did so.

Course he wasn't very good at going unnoticed being the tall half-orc he was, but he held back at the ally so not to be spotted by Hurin and the woman. He held up his hand to MacKenzie so he didn't round the corner too quickly either.

Last edited by jalroy; Apr 8th, 2014 at 10:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 11:25 AM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,096
Hurin leans down to the woman and begins to speak "
Dice perception:
1d20+1 (7)+1 Total = 8
We have a tail, I am too drunk to fight worth a damn and there is probably more than one, let us get to this inn of yours swiftly."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Apr 8th, 2014 at 11:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
"Hm," she said, and turned around to look back. "That's less than ideal."

She then broke into a sprint without warning, and bolted into a side alley.



 

Last edited by Adamah; Apr 8th, 2014 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB