Game Thread The 4th of Neth - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Crypt of the Everflame
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 03:05 AM
kenardX's Avatar
kenardX kenardX is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2015
RPXP: 328
kenardX kenardX kenardX kenardX
Posts: 747
OOCAnnea is still deeply in thought, glancing nervously at the others around her from time to time. She is standing next to Jasper's mount again, gaining comfort from its stoic nature and smell. She will follow when the others go on. Or, if asked if she's ready, will shrug in a non-committal manner and start walking.
__________________
~*The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it is.*~
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 01:46 PM
okashii's Avatar
okashii okashii is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2016
RPXP: 692
okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii
Posts: 1,733
"We should get going, I want to reach that Broken Glade before nightfall." -said Rayne. "We should be wary once we reach the clearing though - we'll be exposed to others who might wish to practice their magic on us." Or arrows. -she thought.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Jun 29th, 2014, 11:37 PM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2023
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
A Silent PathThe wind howled, bringing with it the cold chill, and the trees creaked in response. The narrow path left them little choice in direction; it was forward or back and there was no real option for wandering into the trees, not if they wanted to bring the mule with them. The sounds of gatherers preparing for the winter echoed through the trees around them, and the sound of predators came with every burst of noise from the prey. But outside the sounds of the animals and the conversation amongst the adolescents of Kassen, there was little activity in the forest, and certainly nothing that indicated excess danger.

It wasn't long before night began to fall, particularly since they had set out with noon and they'd spent some time cleaning up the path. It wasn't long before it started getting difficult to see as the light struggled to reach through the clouds and trees. Fortunately they were able to reach the Broken Glade just as Rayne had hoped, and from what they had seen it was the only place wide enough that it might be reasonable to set up camp for all five of them.


oocSurvival roll(s) (or aid anothers) to find a campsite
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 12:27 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
Jasper looks around. "No inn?" he sighs. But the words are carried away by the mournful wind.

"I'll see if I can spot a good place.."

aid another
With +0 Jasper is not a good primary searcher for camp sites !
Dice Roll:
1d20 18

Last edited by aerondor; Jun 30th, 2014 at 12:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 04:23 AM
kenardX's Avatar
kenardX kenardX is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2015
RPXP: 328
kenardX kenardX kenardX kenardX
Posts: 747
AnneaTrotting beside the mule in a steady rhythm, Annea felt calmer than before. The wind had been coming on for some time now and night was setting in. But she knew cold and she loved the darkness, though out in the woods it seemed much more ominous than in the city. She had known the city and found her way through the narrow alleys and steep roofs in the dark easily. She had known what was likely to lurk there. The longer she thought about it, the less sure she became that she actually liked the dark...

When they finally stopped, she could hardly see 60ft anymore and she was walking even closer to the comforting animal. And when Jasper declared he would search for a place to camp she was surprised as she found herself saying: "
Dice Aid another:
d20+2 (14)+2 Total = 16
I'll help."
It wasn't exactly a long conversation, but it was one of the longest she had had all day.
__________________
~*The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it is.*~
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 11:11 AM
okashii's Avatar
okashii okashii is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2016
RPXP: 692
okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii
Posts: 1,733
"Let's shed some light on this situation.." -said Rayne, as her arcane powers created four dancing lights, each 10 feet apart from each other and moved them forward to illuminate the glade for Jasper.
aid another
Dice Roll:
1d20 20
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 11:25 AM
Foxtrot's Avatar
Foxtrot Foxtrot is offline
Outlaw Squirrel
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 24th, 2020
RPXP: 6595
Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot
Posts: 3,584
left-aligned image
Lucien found himself a little disappointed that they hadn't reached the crypt. In his mind the trip was supposed to be quick and easy. So far it had been anything but quick and it hadn't necessarily been easy either. Not with someone sending illusionary orcs after them. Still they had made it half the distance of the map they each had been given, so that was at least some progress. As the others began searching the wide open space for the best place to set up camp, the Inquisitor began walking off toward the edge of the clearing. "I'll check the perimeter," he said in his direct way of speaking. It was only natural for him to do so given the fact that the others seemed to have the camp situation down and he wasn't about to get caught off guard again. Memories of his mistakes in the battle with the psuedo orcs still
haunted him. He was taught to be precise and perfect. Mistakes often led to death in his chosen field. It was a lesson he hoped not to repeat, but part of him worried that he could quite easily repeat them. If he wasn't careful.

Walking around the edge of the clearing, Lucien picked up a rock from the ground and imbued it with the 0 Level SpellLight of the divine to to help him see what was around. Drawing his longsword from its sheath beneath his cape he slowly and deliberately made his way around the clearing
Dice Perception:
1d20+7 (19)+7 Total = 26
keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Once he was certain there was no danger, he would make his way back toward the others and look to have something to eat along with a decent night of sleep.

Quick StatsLucien, Level 1 Human Inquisitor (Sheet)
HP: 10/10, Init: +2, Speed: 30/20 Senses: Spirit Sense
AC: 16, Touch: 12, Flat: 14, Fort: +3, Refl: +2, Will: +5 (+6 against illusion (phantasm) spells)
Stats: Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8
Skills: Perception +7 (+9 to avoid Surprise), Sense Motive +8 (+9 when face to face with speaker), Stealth +3, Intimidate +4, Heal +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +4
Condition: Normal
Wielding: Greatsword
Spell: 0 level (DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light - 1st Level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 01:08 PM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2023
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
Home Away From HomeThough the clearing is wide and fairly open, it takes only a few minutes for Rayne to find a suitable place to sleep, a little off to the side of the clearing the ground is flat and dry and the site is ringed with brambles on three sides. Longing for a warm hearth Jasper finds several good chunks of wood to form the base of a fire, and more than enough twigs and brush to keep it fed all through the night. As Annea assists in setting things up a look over the rations, and having spent many nights eating simple meals with Prasst in the temple, it occurs to her that they could be improved at least a little by cooking a little from everyone up into a stew, if she wanted to volunteer and if anyone else wanted to contribute that is.

As Lucien checks out the rest of the clearing he finds the usual evidence of forest creatures and some long-old trails that cut through the clearing along the same path that the group had been following, but the most concerning thing is the howling of wolves. Though as he stands silently at the edge of the trees the howling seems to fade into the distance, like the wolves were moving away.

Still, as lucky as they were with the campsite, it is, for some at least, their first night out in the wilderness. The wind has not let up, and as the sun sets the slow creep of the chill that the day held at pay turns into a great rush that leaves the group glad for the fire, though the light source makes it all that much harder to see anything further out in the trees. They are an isolated island of light and heat in the middle of the cold forest, and though the crack and snap of the flames makes it difficult to discern, there are noises of nocturnal creatures collecting their own food for hibernation.
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 04:40 PM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
left-aligned image

Jasper Vargidan

As the wind picks up, Jasper shivers and looks longingly at his tent - pitched close to the fire.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one am pretty tired after a long day in the saddle." he stretches and then heads off towards his tent.

"Good night all. I'm guessing we want to start somewhat early tomorrow so we can reach the shrine near the middle of the day. I'd love to stay up and talk - this is normally far too early for me to retire. Still, must be all that fresh air and exercise."

As he unpacks the horse, he comes upon the bottle of brandy.

"Hmm, It looks like the elders provided something to keep the chill away. Anyway care to share a glass with me?"


 

Last edited by aerondor; Jul 6th, 2014 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 03:31 AM
kenardX's Avatar
kenardX kenardX is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2015
RPXP: 328
kenardX kenardX kenardX kenardX
Posts: 747
AnneaWhile the others bustle about on various errands, setting up their tents, Annea silently goes by their packs and looks over their rations. A few nuts here, a bit of tried meat there and some of the dried fruits. She doesn't try to be inconspicuous or even sneaky. Have found that people often react more to those who try to go unnoticed than to those who are where they are in a self-confidant way, she takes out what she needs and one by one, stirs it into a put with water that someone has put over the fire. While the meal won't taste like something the others would be used to, it would have been considered a feast from when she was young...

Sonnea had cooked for them, when they had the confidence to light a fire. Fires were life and death both. Not only because they could burn down a building or hurt you badly, but because fire also attracted attention. And attention was death. Annea shifted uncomfortably on the big log rolled beside the fire. The dark held no terror for her. She would sleep out in the open once the others had settled down, back towards the fire so she could wake up and not be blinded by its light if something happened.

When Jasper brought out the Brandy, the young rogue just shook her head. The brandy is far more useful as a quick way to wash out a wound or maybe sedate someone in pain, she thought, but she didn't voice her concern. "The food is ready." These were her first words since they had fought of the fake attack. She had pondered "things" and their trail. "Things" like, if Sonnea was right not to trust the others. "Things" like maybe sharing the piece of the map to buy some goodwill from them. Sitting in front of the fire, she still pondered and ate her soup. It was quite tasty, she thought.
__________________
~*The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it is.*~
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 02:33 PM
okashii's Avatar
okashii okashii is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2016
RPXP: 692
okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii
Posts: 1,733
Rayne sat down with the others around the fire and pulled out a piece of wandermeal from her backpack. She pondered for a moment, trying to decide on a flavor, then enhanced the taste magically through prestidigitation. "Mmmm, I freaking lobve choklit cake.." -she announced happily, though barely coherently as the crumbs fell from her mouth when she spoke.

Her next bite however was interrupted by a chattering of her own teeth, caused by a chilling gust of wind. With great reluctance she got up and began assembling her tent for the night. "You might want to tie up that mighty steed of yours to a tree for the night Jasper, a task much easier to accomplish before you get drunk."
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Foxtrot's Avatar
Foxtrot Foxtrot is offline
Outlaw Squirrel
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 24th, 2020
RPXP: 6595
Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot
Posts: 3,584
left-aligned image
Having finished his patrol of the perimeter, Lucien returned to the camp the others had created. He was rather impressed with how quickly they got everything together and made it into a genuine camping trip. Complete with food and drink. Jasper had already gotten into the brandy. No surprise there. The only thing surprising about it was that this little camping stop hadn't already turned into a party. One of the other young girls had made some food for them. What it was, he wasn't sure, but all things considered Lucien was sure it would probably hit the spot. The other girl was chowing down on some cake a little more ravenously than she probably even knew she was doing. Once thing was for sure. She seemed to like her cake.

"The perimeter is clear," Lucien announced bluntly as he walked over to his pack and grabbed a cup so as to get a little food, "Although there are a number of predators still out there. Rayne is correct. You should tie up your pony tonight, lest it be gone in the morning having been frightened off." The Inquisitor dipped his cup in the pot and scooped up some of the stew or was it soup? Slowly bringing the cup up to his lips, he paused and took in the smell. The warm smell nearly burning his nostrils in the process. A short blow of air and Lucien took his first sip. His eyes closed as the watery goodness slightly burned his tongue while satisfying his hunger at the same time. Lucien cleared his throat and looked to Annea, "It's good." All in all he wasn't sure if she would appreciate the praise or not, but as far as he was concerned it couldn't hurt.

"I'm sorry Jasper, but I am going to have to pass on the drink," Lucien stated as he turned his attention toward one of the most famous sons in the village, "I need my wits about me. I'll take the first watch tonight. This is not the place to let our guard down completely." The Inquisitor considered mentioning the wolves he had heard, but what point was there in putting the others on edge. For now they all seemed comfortable. Might as well let them remain in that place for as long as they could. After all, who knew what dangers tomorrow would bring?

Quick StatsLucien, Level 1 Human Inquisitor (Sheet)
HP: 10/10, Init: +2, Speed: 30/20 Senses: Spirit Sense
AC: 16, Touch: 12, Flat: 14, Fort: +3, Refl: +2, Will: +5 (+6 against illusion (phantasm) spells)
Stats: Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8
Skills: Perception +7 (+9 to avoid Surprise), Sense Motive +8 (+9 when face to face with speaker), Stealth +3, Intimidate +4, Heal +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +4
Condition: Normal
Wielding: Greatsword
Spell: 0 level (DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light - 1st Level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 12:24 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
left-aligned image

Jasper Vargidan

"Pony. Oh yeah, right. Tie him up."

Jasper gets to his feet and secures Gallup. Or was it Trotter. Gah, it's a pony.

When one after another turn down the brandy he looks more than a little surprised.

"The elders left us this. Surely you don't want them to think us rude and ungrateful?"

He pours out a generous mugful and then regretfully corks up the bottle again. "Maybe after we have found the flame?"

Tasting the stew he admits "Not quite what I am used to. But all this fresh air...it gives one quite the appetite. That was good."

He nods also to Lucien. "Good thinking!" before sitting down with his back to his tent. The firelight dances in his eyes, and his strange silver eyes look out into the darkness. One by one he takes in his companions for the trip.

I wonder if every year they send quite such a group of ragamuffins out? Surely not.


 
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 04:35 AM
kenardX's Avatar
kenardX kenardX is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2015
RPXP: 328
kenardX kenardX kenardX kenardX
Posts: 747
AnneaChocolate cake, now that sounded wonderful. Annea thought about asking to have a piece but she couldn't bring herself to it, after she had mistrusted them all the way. Instead she looked longingly over her cup of broth over at Rayne. She seemed happy. Why was she happy? Was there some trick to being happy or was it just that the other girl hadn't grown up on the streets? It was years back, yes, but the streets clung to her like the bad smell of....of...of the streets... Annea sighed.

"I'll take second." It wasn't like she planned to sleep anyways and the darkest hour was probably where she felt most secure. As the wind took up, the young rogue moved closer to the fire and put her blanket over her shoulders. She hadn't brought a tent, thinking that she was used to sleeping outdoors, but even those few years sleeping in the austere rooms at the temple had made her soft it seemed.
__________________
~*The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it is.*~
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 05:27 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
left-aligned image

Jasper Vargidan

"Annea, right?" asks Jasper, keeping his distance from the quiet girl.

"No need to freaze the night away. The kindness of the elders was not limited to Brandy. They provided tents for each of us as well."

 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB