Traveller Dune: Adventures in the Imperium (Open Recruiting Game) - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 13th, 2021, 03:19 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23196
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
A recruit!

Excellent choice, Hvalreki, I applaud you for joining the winning side.

House Jurise is also looking for Minor Houses for mutual Faufreluches back-scratching.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34130
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
A recruit!

Welcome to the Spice race Hvalreki!

Quote:
House Jurise is also looking for Minor Houses for mutual Faufreluches back-scratching.
Not a bad idea at all !!
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3371
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Quote:
A recruit!

I can absolutely alter my house to be one of your minors, I'm extremely mercenary.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 10:57 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
A mercenary mercenary house. Love it! I'm fully onboard if the initial setup allows for it. savoylen may need all houses at odds until we get more.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; Sep 13th, 2021 at 10:58 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1673
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
I see that House Chol has some success with recruitment. Many Houses in the Landsraad will be jealous of our two Mentats.

Here is my character application.

Character application
right-aligned image

Character name: Ronan Chol
Character Faction: Noble
Character Archetype: Courtier

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!

Last edited by Finrod Ancalímon; Sep 14th, 2021 at 03:22 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3673
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
I have to admit, I am already mixing stuff out with who's what with whom..

I think I'm not ready for an intriguing political game. Dropping out, have fun peeps!
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 05:22 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursinorum View Post
I have to admit, I am already mixing stuff out with who's what with whom..

I think I'm not ready for an intriguing political game. Dropping out, have fun peeps!
LOL... I understand - this is not for everyone. I've marked you withdrawn. But this also what this is for.

Just so you (and others) know though, during gameplay, you'll see "everything" only our own house, the "public face" of the other houses, and the current scene that you are currently playing in. I'll keep the game clean and lanes clear for you. Of course, those lanes may end up being quite bloody but...

If you ever decide you want to give it a try... you can head to our game forum and jump right in. I'm sure there be positions open in most houses from time to time!

Thank you for considering the game.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 05:23 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod Ancalímon View Post
I see that House Chol has some success with recruitment. Many Houses in the Landsraad will be jealous of our two Mentats.

Here is my character application.

Character application
right-aligned image

Character name: Ronan Chol
Character Faction: Noble
Character Archetype: Courtier
Nice to have you on board as Ronan!
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 09:05 AM
'Til all are one

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4947
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Wow, I did not need to find this thread as I'm lying in bed about to go to sleep.

Love Dune, read all kinds of books and have always wanted to play in the setting. I have to sleep now, but let me bring myself up to speed on this and work out where I am at. I'm guessing we are at saturation point for houses at the moment, so I'll assess the the state of play on the others when I've got proper time to dedicate to this, though if you feel there's room for more houses please let me know and I'll factor it into my calculations!!
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 05:18 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaon View Post
Wow, I did not need to find this thread as I'm lying in bed about to go to sleep.

Love Dune, read all kinds of books and have always wanted to play in the setting. I have to sleep now, but let me bring myself up to speed on this and work out where I am at. I'm guessing we are at saturation point for houses at the moment, so I'll assess the the state of play on the others when I've got proper time to dedicate to this, though if you feel there's room for more houses please let me know and I'll factor it into my calculations!!
Nice to hear that - got to love the love the Dune setting has!

There really is not a saturation point on Houses. We'd like to have three PCs in a house to get it going but even that isn't a hard rule - more of a guideline really. It will be hard to keep the major house standing without three PCs or more but a minor house could hold its own with at least two active players. Some of this we'll learn as we play the game. As far as I can tell, this has never been attempted before!

Minor houses will need to align with each other or perhaps a major house. Everyone will need to ally with a Great House.

All that to say, play the way you want! Great to have you on board.

- Savy
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 02:47 PM
she/her

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19914
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Reading over what you have planned, I'd really like to sink my teeth into gaming in such a project. Would it be a problem if my only knowledge about Dune is that there are worms and spice and political scifi intrigue?

Unfortunately though I'm a bit too booked on games, so I worry that I don't have the space to add a two-post per week game at this time, especially a long running one. But you've written that this might become a continuous recruiting game, so I'd probably be fine to subscribe to the thread now and to hope finding an opportunity to join in the future, right?

Last edited by Mindsiege; Sep 16th, 2021 at 05:15 PM.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 03:40 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8014
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
Snip
I like the building blocks you've got here. This would definitely be my kind of house.

What type of espionage are you thinking? Assassins, politicians, passive insurgents — all of the above?

Your quotes instantly bring to mind a few ideas, if you don't mind my riffing:

I imagine there being a cult-like adherence to esoteric laws, edicts, or rituals. Conversely, maybe, you could subvert that a notion: there are all these esoteric laws and rituals but nobody really believes in any of it; instead, they treat it like a social/political game, with the goal being to develop the most cunning and Machiavellian mindset possible.

For some reason it makes me thing of a very cloistered, monastic, and Renaissance type of homeward.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 04:55 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsiege View Post
Reading over what you have planned, I'd really like sink my teeth into gaming in such a project. Would it be a problem if my only knowledge about Dune is that there are worms and spice and political scifi intrigue?

Unfortunately though I'm a bit too booked on games, so I worry that I don't have the space to add a two-post per week game at this time, especially a long running one. But you've written that this might become a continuous recruiting game, so I'd probably be fine to subscribe to the thread now and to hope finding an opportunity to join in the future, right?
Hi there Mindsiege - that's no problem at all! As for dropping a bit later, absolutely OK too... this is a kind of game where Houses (and their people) will ebb and flow.

It would be awesome to have you whenever you are ready.

- Savy
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Really nice interest in this so far - great! I'm still organizing in my head and in the game forum; But I think we can go ahead and get some things going.

Though we are a few weeks out from launch yet (I'm still planning on an October official launch), those of you that have posted information on a HOUSE, we can go ahead and soft-launch. Please go ahead and post in the HOUSE forum.

To jump start things, we'll just move through the startup process directly from 'here'... after the launch, we'll have the new folks kick it off in our game forum as most 'continuous recruiting' game do.

1. Select New Thread and post your house info. CONGRATS... that is all there is to it.
Once the Landsraad has accepted your Patent of Nobility, you'll be given a private thread in the "Games and Warfare" area - this where you house details (special resources and traits) and your most important assets (your characters) will go later.

Once I have your House set up (it will become a private area), we'll finalize and post your starting characters.

Last edited by savoylen; Sep 18th, 2021 at 03:26 PM.
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 03:34 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
Couple of things:
I notice the Great houses have a nifty format. Do you mind posting a blank format here so we can copy for our own houses?

Also, is it okay to have the house be preliminary with ability for the first house members to tweak it and make it their own?