Old Sep 20th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Pathloser

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 352
Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
There is the gamemastery guide option of allowing extra ancestry feats, true...
Yeah, the Ancestry Paragon rules. I always use them I my games along with the free archetype rules. But I also like the idea of allowing ancestry feats in place of free archetype feats. I'm gonna try that next time I run one. I also like the idea of allowing players to take extra class feats in place of free archetype feats. Stealing that too
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 142
Crazymajor Crazymajor
My app is finally all finished now!
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 03:43 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6990
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorolf Vitki View Post
Yeah, the Ancestry Paragon rules. I always use them I my games along with the free archetype rules. But I also like the idea of allowing ancestry feats in place of free archetype feats. I'm gonna try that next time I run one. I also like the idea of allowing players to take extra class feats in place of free archetype feats. Stealing that too
I just love how they worked all the optional goodies into the system. I consider free archetype as default in my games, as well as regional languages. I do enjoy that they basically made Gestalt not only an option baked into the system, but with their rules actually made it way simpler to enact!
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 05:24 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6579
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
My app is finished as well.
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 12:05 AM
Pathloser

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I just love how they worked all the optional goodies into the system. I consider free archetype as default in my games, as well as regional languages. I do enjoy that they basically made Gestalt not only an option baked into the system, but with their rules actually made it way simpler to enact!
I always use gestalt when I'm running a party with less than 4 people, and free archetype as well if less than 3. It's a great way to run small parties without worrying about all the roles being filled.
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 11:22 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorolf Vitki View Post
I always use gestalt when I'm running a party with less than 4 people, and free archetype as well if less than 3. It's a great way to run small parties without worrying about all the roles being filled.
I made a lizardfolk Cleric/Barbarian that was both the party tank/healer while the bard/sorcerer provided the buffs/debuffs. Worked pretty darn well, and taking the feat that lets you do non-rage things during the rage was great if I needed to throw out a heal spell.
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 01:17 PM
Pathloser

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I made a lizardfolk Cleric/Barbarian that was both the party tank/healer while the bard/sorcerer provided the buffs/debuffs. Worked pretty darn well, and taking the feat that lets you do non-rage things during the rage was great if I needed to throw out a heal spell.
Yeah, clarity of mind has always been one of my favorite rage powers, even in first edition. Although if you are playing a gestalt barbarian/spellcaster it's basically a feat tax, since you pretty much have to take it. I've considered giving it as a free feat in such cases, but don't know how balanced that is.
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 06:26 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2816
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Kar-Ragar
left-aligned image

Name:Kar-Ragar,
AKA: Black Blood, 'Black Hand'

Ancestry/Heritage: Beastkin (Badger) Oathkeeper Dwarf

Background: Small Settlement

Class: Mountain Stance Monk 5

Archetype: Horizon Walker

Alignment: LN

Appearance: 'Mountain Man' or 'Feral' type of appearance.

Personality: Brutally Honest, Faithful, Impatient, Impulsive and Restless

Character history: Kar-Ragar learned to control his lunar impulses at an early age. Taught by his family to maintain order in the midst of chaos was one of his greatest life lessons. It served him well later in life as he entered the monastic, solitary life of a Monk. Yet the quiet life could not suit the Dwarf forever. Giving a small release to his primal urges, he took the life of a wanderer...a Horizon Walker. This choice ultimately led him to the Linnorm Kingdoms and specifically, the Black Ravens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DwarfMONK.png
Views:	23
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	92628  

Last edited by Hyregoth; Sep 23rd, 2021 at 07:27 AM.
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 10:46 AM
Not a gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1296
Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin
Player table has been updated. There’s still plenty of time to post and finish applications. Initial deadline will be October 1st, which gives you about a week or so to finish up. Let me know if you Ref more time than that.

Also thank you to everyone who’s already applied or expressed interest. I’m really enjoying the characters y’all are coming up with and can’t wait to see more.

Last edited by Vicorin; Sep 23rd, 2021 at 10:47 AM.
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 12:11 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
If you have any feedback over my character, I'd be glad to hear it.

I really am liking the variety that PF2 lets you have without making things UBER complicated.
Old Today, 01:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2575
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I think I will pass on this one.
Old Today, 01:54 PM
Not a gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1296
Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin
Quote:
If you have any feedback over my character, I'd be glad to hear it.

I really am liking the variety that PF2 lets you have without making things UBER complicated.
Looks all good to me. Probably won’t do in-depth character reviews, but I am curious about Anka’s life in Irrisen and how she met Zullie though.
Old Today, 02:03 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicorin View Post
Looks all good to me. Probably won’t do in-depth character reviews, but I am curious about Anka’s life in Irrisen and how she met Zullie though.
I can write you a fairly long story about that, cause I have it all planned out and stuff. I was just giving a brief history with room for plot hooks and stuff for you! Especially since we're starting above level 1, I wanted there to be things that happened that could be alluded to or shared with her companions at a later time.