RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 4th, 2021, 10:53 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13628
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
With so many classes and archetypes in Pathfinder, when you just type some random English word in that column of the table, most likely, it would be some playable character option!
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 10:59 AM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6636
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Grigori's app is now complete. Had fun writing this one.
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 11:43 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32227
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
I'm just looking forward to playing "that girl is on fire" in game and having it not be a metaphor
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 01:08 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Anarka Anarka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
I'm just looking forward to playing "that girl is on fire" in game and having it not be a metaphor
Hah, I could basically say the same thing, though it'd also be "that guy is on fire" and "that building is on fire" and "oh god, she won't stop throwing firebombs at everyone"
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2106
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Kivas Harill
left-aligned image
Name: Kivas Harill
Race: Drow
Class: Sorcerer (Infernal Bloodline with a bloodline familiar)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Background Trait: Reactionary
Crime: Fraud

Personality: It’s been said that the biggest smiles hide the sharpest knives. Kivas would find the imagery there a bit crude, but the principal describes him to a tee. He is, principally, a conman. He makes his living deceiving unsuspecting people into handing over money and property and vanishes before they realize they’ve been duped. Between his silver tongue and magic, he can be quite persuasive indeed. While he’s perfectly capable of employing violence to achieve his ends if circumstances call for it, he’d prefer to use more subtle techniques of persuasion and trickery.

RP Sample"Well, then," said Kivas, his charming tone smooth as silk, "That would seem to settle it, then. I’ll take the initial payment back to the Caer Bryr and we’ll have your first shipment of timber here within a month." Truthfully, he almost couldn’t believe it had been this easy. The shipyard administrator had bought his tale of a hidden elven society in the mysterious Caer Bryr with virtually no convincing, and jumped at the thought of a new, cheaper supply of timber. They’d worked the deal out perfectly: after being provided with a “modest” down payment (one that, so far as Kivas was concerned, was a small fortune) the elves would send out a shipment of timber suitable for the construction of several galleons. Even with the aid of his magic, it was almost hard to believe the Crown-appointed administrator could be this easy to dupe. I guess all the smart ones are off fighting in the war, while this little fool gets left home.

"Perfect, perfect!" The officious little man’s enthusiasm was sickening, but the friendly smile on Kivas’s illusory elven face never faltered. He took pride in that; honeyed words were one thing, but the face could still speak volumes. Controlling that was the mark of a master. "I’ve some wonderful news, too! My guard captain was able to arrange for the local bishop to come and bless our deal!"

"Ah," said Kivas, "How...lovely." Inwardly, he was cursing. The local guard captain had been suspicious of him from the start, but he’d always managed to allay any concerns. If he was bringing along a bishop, though, it probably wasn’t just to say a prayer, no matter what he may have told the hapless administrator. "I’m honored, of course, but I have a long journey ahead of me, so I really do need to be on the way as soon as I can."

The administrator clapped his hands. "Not to worry! Here they are now!" Sure enough, a contingent of soldiers had just entered with a grey-haired priest. Kivas took a deep breath.

"There, Father," said the guard captain. "This is the ‘merchant’ we spoke of." The bishop had a kindly mein, but there was steel in his eyes that belied the image of a friendly old man. This was trouble. He examined Kivas closely, then gave a chuckle. "It seems you were right, Captain. Let’s see this fellow as he truly is." He stepped back and held out the holy symbol of Mirta that hung from his necklace. "The righteous light of Mitra dispels your sorcery!"

Kivas felt a sort of heat rushing over his body, and watched in dismay as his magical disguise faded away. The administrator yelped and the captain slammed a table with his fist. "There! You see? He’s a drow, a dark elf, an abominable creature before Mitra!"

The guards drew their weapons, and Kivas’s breath caught. "Wait!" he yelled, holding out his empty hands. "Let me...let me explain." The soldiers' swords served as such motivation to spin his next story quickly. He's a priest, he thought, He'll want to be compassionate. Use that. "You’re right. I am a drow. My people, they’re not elves at all, it’s true. We eek out a miserable existence because of the sins of our ancestors, but truly, Father, truly, we seek only to do fair business, to see some prosperity in Mitra’s light." He saw his act didn’t seem to be convincing the priest, so took a chance and made a short finger gesture while whispering an incantation, hoping no one would notice the charm spell he cast. "We would, of course, give a portion of our proceeds to the Church!"

The bishop’s eyes nearly flamed with rage. "What sort of fool do you take me for?!? I’ll not be enchanted by a beast such as yourself! Captain, arrest this man at once!"

Kivas raised his hands, ready to call on what magic he could to fight his way out, but even as he did the bishop yelled another prayer and he felt all his muscles go limp as he fell to the floor. "Pathetic. You really believe you can overpower a cleric of the Shining Lord? Enjoy Branderscar, foul worm. If you’re lucky, you’ll be sent to the salt mines rather than executed."

Last edited by Fyre2387; Feb 4th, 2021 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Few tweaks
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 04:37 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31764
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Fyre!!! Old rascal
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 05:44 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2106
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Couldn't resist the chance to be a bad guy.
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 05:48 PM
Fork! Knife! Spoon!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26176
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
It's funny how the chance to do that has brought all us crazies out of the shadows

Or maybe that's just me

+
Old Feb 5th, 2021, 06:49 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 290
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Reread the Guide which says goblins are problematic and may be left out of parts of the adventure, and also gathered that there isn't a lot of small loot to go around. And Artog was a little cutesypoo. Reworked my rogue into a Human pirate named Arthur Ogar.
Old Feb 5th, 2021, 07:08 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31764
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystrom View Post
It's funny how the chance to do that has brought all us crazies out of the shadows

Or maybe that's just me

+
I don't know for you guys, but I'm myself every day... I don't need an evil campaign to be mean.
Old Feb 6th, 2021, 08:10 AM
Voice of Antiquity

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17127
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
„Ten“
right-aligned image

Name: „Ten“ (Tenverias)
Race: Human
Class: Monk (Unchained)
Alignment: LE
Background Trait: Reactionary (+2 to Initiative rolls)
Crime: Heresy (+1 to saves Vs divine spells)

Personality: Ten is young, passionate and rash, eager to prove his worth and unveil Mitra’s hypocrisy behind the god‘s supposed benevolence. He is egotistical and arrogant, but if one manages to gain his respect he can turn out to be a devoted ally and friend. Believing that the world belongs to the strong, gaining Ten’s respect usually means that one has to beat some sense into him or best him in some other way.

Last edited by Elanir; Feb 7th, 2021 at 07:25 AM.
Old Feb 6th, 2021, 06:26 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30130
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Okay my friends! I am closing applications as of 8:00pm tonight. I have a very hard decision to make as there is an abundance of great applications here. I love that there is a good mix of vets and new players and it has me thinking of running two groups.

I currently run six games on site so this would be my final one... even I have limits. I will try to make up my mind by monday.

Enjoy the superbowl if that's your jam
Old Feb 6th, 2021, 09:11 PM
Sane in an insane world

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1591
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
You got a tough job ahead. Good luck!
Old Feb 6th, 2021, 09:25 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Anarka Anarka
Good luck to everyone! You really have an embarrassment of riches on your hands Begon
Old Feb 7th, 2021, 12:57 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8584
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Good Luck All.