RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 12:10 AM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13936
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
right-aligned image

Name: Kayanya Prabrah (Sheet)
Race: Human
Class: Armiger (Stancemaster) / Rogue (Canny Scoundrel)
Intended Role: Ranged DPS / Survivalist Skill Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Last edited by AximusLokar; Jun 28th, 2021 at 09:58 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 12:12 AM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
@CMRawles: Our characters are likely to have a bit of overlap but I don't see that being a bad thing. That said if you decide on your skill set I'll try to make sure I'm not stepping on your toes for anything important.
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 12:53 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11157
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Fire fighter and party tank Eric Kilkenny is ready. Probably gonna make some changes and add a section for day 5 but got enough to consider him a live application.
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 01:00 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23945
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by MundayKnight View Post
Fire fighter and party tank Eric Kilkenny is ready. Probably gonna make some changes and add a section for day 5 but got enough to consider him a live application.
Mundayknight with the first complete application! Hopefully we get enough for a full game. We came out of the gate fast but things seem to be sputtering along slowly now.

10 days left, so there is plenty of time.

- Lord Byron
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 01:44 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, should have mentioned Kayanya is basically ready for review. Similarly may add bits and pieces if inspiration strikes while I'm crunching.

Last edited by AximusLokar; Jun 22nd, 2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 03:48 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1539
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Mundayknight with the first complete application! Hopefully we get enough for a full game. We came out of the gate fast but things seem to be sputtering along slowly now.

10 days left, so there is plenty of time.
Hey, mine was finished the day I posted it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AximusLokar View Post
@CMRawles: Our characters are likely to have a bit of overlap but I don't see that being a bad thing. That said if you decide on your skill set I'll try to make sure I'm not stepping on your toes for anything important.
No worries about any of that, the more the merrier as far as skill monkies go.

Last edited by CMRawles; Jun 22nd, 2021 at 03:50 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 03:57 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRawles
Hey, mine was finished the day I posted it!
Since I requested that applicants let me know when it is complete, I don't assume it's done until it is declared as such.

I have updated the applicant's table and have Mundayknight, CMRawles, and AximusLokar set to Complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRawles
No worries about any of that, the more the merrier as far as skill monkies go.
With magic out of the equation, it makes it difficult to be as varied in the roles and builds and that's ok. I am curious to see what applicants come up with with the limitations I imposed.

- Lord Byron
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 05:49 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1539
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Quote:
Since I requested that applicants let me know when it is complete, I don't assume it's done until it is declared as such.
Guess I misunderstood that line, my b.
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 12:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6577
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
I just had two games die out on me, and as soon as I read this I got inspired for a PC. Going to give this one a shot as I can handle one more.

APP COMPLETE.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Jorge "Dozer" Mendoza
Race: Human
Class: Fighter 3 (Trench Fighter)
Intended Role: Damage, secondary tank, some useful skills.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Height: 6'2" tall | Weight: 240 pounds
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Usual Attire: He prefers jeans, T-shirts (black or white), mechanic shirts, boots, and of course his Mad Dog MC colors.

Last edited by Grouchy; Jun 28th, 2021 at 11:51 PM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 01:03 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
I both am and am not surprised by how much extra money I have as an unarmored archer, and am even less surprised by how much carrying capacity I do not have to hold stuff. (A tent weighs how much!?) My usual solution to the latter is Bag of Holding but...yeah.

If there are light weight modern analogues to things in the SRD can we buy those? Example: A lightweight single person bedroll that weighs 2.3 pounds costs about $320 = 3.2 gold.

Are alchemical items that make sense for the modern world on the table? In particular I'm looking at Bodybalm, Bloodblock, and Antitoxins. Also possibly Deoderizing Agent and/or Scent Cloak.

Would a Hunting Slingshot be analogous to a sling or could it be better (and more expensive)?

Last edited by AximusLokar; Jun 23rd, 2021 at 01:06 PM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 02:29 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AximusLokar
I both am and am not surprised by how much extra money I have as an unarmored archer, and am even less surprised by how much carrying capacity I do not have to hold stuff. (A tent weighs how much!?) My usual solution to the latter is Bag of Holding but...yeah.
My go-to option at low levels is the Muleback cords... Isn't magic great? There are always Masterwork Backpacks for 50 gp which grant +1 effective Str for carrying capacity...

Otherwise you can always ask the BSF to carry your stuff for you... Maybe if you blink prettily at him? :P

Quote:
If there are light weight modern analogues to things in the SRD can we buy those? Example: A lightweight single person bedroll that weighs 2.3 pounds costs about $320 = 3.2 gold.
This could open up quite the can of worms.

It would make sense for more modern equipment and materials to allow for significantly better equipment. If you can provide a link the the statistics and a reasonable non-sale price for items I can approve them on a case-by-case basis. I will create a thread in the game folder with info on all custom items and their real-world links. The bedroll seems reasonable to me but make it an even 2.5 lbs so it is half weight of the PFSRD one. Simpler that way. Tents also probably weigh a lot less if they are made of modern materials. If you can find stats (weight, size, price etc) for em we can work it into the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AximusLokar"
Are alchemical items that make sense for the modern world on the table? In particular I'm looking at Bodybalm, Bloodblock, and Antitoxins. Also possibly Deoderizing Agent and/or Scent Cloak.
Any alchemical item which doesn't create "supernatural" effects can be in play. We will use book prices in GP for existing items for simplicity and game balance.

Quote:
Would a Hunting Slingshot be analogous to a sling or could it be better (and more expensive)?
I know slings vary greatly in quality and power depending on the types and amount of rubber used. The major real-world difference between archaic slings and modern slingshots seems to be how much easier modern ones are to use. Ostensibly you can generate more power from modern ones with enough rubber. (I watch the slingshot channel on Youtube and it is impressive what they can do!)

Realistically, I think the only real mechanical advantage a modern slingshot might have is that it is easier to use. Slings probably shouldn't be Simple weapons given how difficult they are to master IRL. I think it might be simpler just to abandon "normal" slings and just call them sling shots and use the same stats for this game. Thinking too much about PF mechanics is a bad idea lol.

- Lord Byron
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 03:45 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
My go-to option at low levels is the Muleback cords... Isn't magic great? There are always Masterwork Backpacks for 50 gp which grant +1 effective Str for carrying capacity...
Yup, already got that. Puts my light load at 50 pounds. I could potentially just put another point into Strength instead of Con or Wis for an eventual upgrade. Unlike every other stat that odd number actually helps. And even as an archer having the CMD from Strength wouldn't be the worst thing to avoid being grabbed by a zombie.

Quote:
Otherwise you can always ask the BSF to carry your stuff for you... Maybe if you blink prettily at him? :P

Quote:
I will create a thread in the game folder with info on all custom items and their real-world links. The bedroll seems reasonable to me but make it an even 2.5 lbs so it is half weight of the PFSRD one. Simpler that way. Tents also probably weigh a lot less if they are made of modern materials. If you can find stats (weight, size, price etc) for em we can work it into the game.
Sounds good. I'll be doing a bit of internet shopping then

Initial research gave me a price of 5SP ($50) for a sling and 1CP ($1) per 10 steel balls for ammo. Pathfinder version is Free and 1SP per 10 sling bullets. So modern slingshot is more expensive, modern ammo is cheaper, and modern ammo is also lighter (1lb per 30 balls versus 1lb per 2 balls)

Fun fact: The Sling isn't even my backup weapon. It's, like fourth down the list. I'm putting way too much thought into it.

Quote:
Any alchemical item which doesn't create "supernatural" effects can be in play. We will use book prices in GP for existing items for simplicity and game balance.
Makes sense. I'll probably be dropping any excess gold into medical supplies.

Quote:
I think it might be simpler just to abandon "normal" slings and just call them sling shots and use the same stats for this game. Thinking too much about PF mechanics is a bad idea lol.
Yes, it certainly is

Last edited by AximusLokar; Jun 23rd, 2021 at 03:56 PM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 09:20 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Although this will be a Pathfinder game, I have found that if you search d20 modern for equipment you can find some whose mechanics are compatible. There are no prices but we can use the cp to $ conversion withirl prices I think

- Lord Byron
Old Jun 24th, 2021, 12:45 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
I have a Discord server which I use for my games. If applicants would like to ask questions or otherwise interact in real(ish) time, feel free to hop on. You will need to wait until I assign you a role before you see anything so if you join, sit tight until I can assign you the correct role.

https://discord.gg/43pRvhE3.

This will be valid for 7 days from this post's date.

- Lord Byron
Old Jun 24th, 2021, 01:01 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy"
@LeoByron - Regarding skills and their applications, I want this guy to be an auto mechanic and a tinkerer with guns. Would those both be Craft skills (I guess Craft: Mechanics and Craft: Firearms), or would the mechanic be a Profession? For driving vehicles too (if it ever happens, but being that he's a biker he will definitely be motivated to find and fix a bike), would Ride be applicable or a different skill?
Craft (Mechanical) is the appropriate skill for tinkering and repairing technological devices.
Craft (Firearms) to make Firearms.
Profession (Driver) is the correct skill for driving vehicles, usually. Profession (Pilot) for aircraft, Profession (sailor) for sailboats, etc...

@Grouchy: If you could put those long descriptions in spoilers that would be greeeat. K? Thaaaanks.

- Lord Byron

Last edited by LeoByron; Jun 24th, 2021 at 01:04 AM.