Other Avengers of Arcade City (FASERIP SuperHeroes) - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 17th, 2021, 12:26 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13460
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
NAME: John Cassidy but his friends call him Skeeter on account of the time a mosquito flew in his mouth while he was chatting with a girl at a Def Leppard concert causing him to immediately vomit his beer onto her. They never let him live it down.

ALIAS: He doesn't have one yet.

SECRET?: He would want it to be.

DESCRIPTION: Skeeter is a simple man. He likes beer, hair metal and his 1978 Trans Am... and he loves the ladies. The ladies aren't as much a fan of him however. His looks are average at best with a thin build and a luxurious mullet. It might be business up front, but the party in the back goes all night long. His arms and shoulders are covered in a patchwork of tattoos which could best be described as bad. Especially the obscene one depicting Donald Duck and Goofy in a situation that would make Walt Disney roll over in his grave. That would be if it looked anything like either of them. Skeeter got that particular tattoo at burning man by a man named Big Frank who was really in no condition to be operating a tattoo gun. The wisp of a moustache covering his upper lip leads one to wonder why he even bothers, but Skeeter wears it with a confidence he shouldn't have. He's a man who lives for the weekend when he gets to crack open a case of beer and hang out in the garage with his friends working on the Trans Am and talking about girls they'd like to hook up with. The fact that they're all in their 40's seems to be of little consequence. It was cool in their 20's and just because the times are changing doesn't mean the Motley Crew has to. Yeah... they call themselves that without a hint of irony. Skeeter still lives with his mother, but it's because she's got health problems guys and she needs me here. Skeeter likes to tell people he works at the university. He's not lying. He's one of the night janitors.

SKILLS AND POWERS: Skeeter isn't too sure the extent of his powers. A man tried to shoot him and the bullet bounced right off, and when he punched the guy he nearly put him through a wall and broke four ribs with his fist.

ORIGIN STORY: Skeeter discovered his powers when a guy tried to shoot him and he killed him with a sloppy punch that wouldn't look out of place in a drunken barfight which is also the extent of Skeeter's combat training. Skeeter might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he wasn't bulletproof and capable of punching people through walls before the lab explosion and subsequent four month coma. He doesn't remember much about that night. He was sweeping a hallway in the particle physics lab with his music blaring through earphones at a volume which would easily explain his tinnitus, so he didn't even hear the explosion. One second he was pushing the broom, and the next he was pinwheeling through the air. When his head slammed into the floor everything went black. Waking up in the hospital four months later Skeeter was informed that the staff had been unable to start any IVs on him as the needles just bent instead, and some people from the government would be in touch. Skeeter couldn't help but wonder what they had been working on in that lab.

BACKSTORY: The man came for him that night. Skeeter was lying in bed trying to sleep however dreamland eluded him… almost like he’d spent the last four months in a coma. His mind reeling at the thought of government agents coming for him coupled with the massive hospital bill he'd received upon discharge had left poor Skeeter's thoughts spinning like his buddy Jed's tires when they took his truck out muddin. He heard the gunshot downstairs, but Ma was down there watching reruns of Law and Order. He must've been hearing things. When the armed man burst into Skeeter's bedroom he's not ashamed to admit he peed the bed a little bit.

"Florence Andragathía sends her regards."

The gun was louder than the old snub nosed .38 his buddy Hoss owned. They'd go down to the docks and the pops would echo off the concrete pilings near the small rocky beach where they set up the beer cans. The boom of the gunshot filled Skeeter's bedroom with the thunder of the gods. Fully expecting to die it's hard to tell who was more surprised when the bullet bounced off Skeeter's chest. Skeeter, or the man who'd just tried to kill him. Leaping off the bed and retaliating with a punch that was more kneejerk reaction than anything else Skeeter soon found himself with a dead body in his bedroom, and half into the hallway.

"Ma? Ma?" Skeeter called out as he rushed downstairs.

CONTACTS: Doctor Smith... Jones? Skeeter's not actually sure of his name come to think of it. He just calls him Doc. Doctor Melville runs the biology department at the university, and often works late. He's nice to Skeeter where most people tend not to look past appearances.

Last edited by Raylorne; Sep 17th, 2021 at 12:49 AM.
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 566
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Just about one more day so good luck to all
Old Sep 17th, 2021, 02:52 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25022
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Concept: The Nerd.
A bullied teenager with no prospects. No real skills. And no real joy in his life other than his comic books.
Constantly beat on during school during his senior year and he notices the bully's punches do less and less damage. He still cowers as that's what he always did, but less bruising, and less bleeding.
That's workable, you'd essentially make a brick but not add any points to fighting.

And the rulebook is old, TSR from the early 90s.

Last edited by wodine; Sep 17th, 2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 02:45 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18271
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
welp, no time to put in an app. Goodluck everyone

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: I got into Iron DM so status is now set to: Erratic! / Fri & Sat: Usually Unavailable
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 06:51 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5935
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
I just couldn't make the app work, so I'm going to have to withdraw.
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 09:08 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Applications are closed. Thank you to those who applied, I will begin the process of party building later today and hopefully will have a decision by Monday at the latest.

We know you have a choice in gaming and thank you for choosing wodine for your gaming needs.
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 12:33 PM
Truculent Troubadour

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21301
Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim
... Please make certain that your overhead bins are empty and that nothing is left behind in the pocket in front of you or under your seat. Our Captain and the flight crew feel that you are all unworthy of the effort that we've put into helping you reach this destination and would like to find a way to politely tell you to get stuffed, but that would be against our customer service guidelines. So, instead, we drip with sarcasm and say "Have a magical day, just like at Disneyworld."

Last edited by Black Jim; Sep 18th, 2021 at 12:34 PM.
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 09:17 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2686
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palliven View Post
Good idea so I did the same. Not sure of which color yet so put both in there.
I like the purple!

Last edited by Classic Gamer; Sep 18th, 2021 at 09:19 PM.
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 09:33 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Gamer View Post
I like the purple!

I'm partial to that one as well.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 06:45 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
First let me say that I’m very glad that so many wonderful people turned up to apply to this game, giving an old system a chance – it brings a tear to my eye.

Second, I’m sorry I couldn’t take all of you but there was no way to run a party that large so decisions had to be made.

Without further ado let me introduce our new team of Arcade City Vigilantes:
As Portrayed by RaylorneSkeeter
As Portrayed by Black JimSingularity
As Portrayed by Superstrength79Jewel
As Portrayed by GleefulNihilismShriek
As Portrayed by Classic GamerTroubler
As Portrayed by PallivenRift

Now I did end up taking more players than originally intended, but I thought with an even six we might even be able to split the group for different missions/large missions.

Now the first thing we need is a group name. Until you come up with a better one you’re the Arcade Aces.

Second, we need to build characters. Stop by the OOC thread and review the documents I’ve prepared, then when you’re ready to start, create your thread.

Character creation is a little complicated in this game, so we probably won’t be able to start for at least a week.

For those of you interested in keeping up with the adventure, we invite you to follow along with he first issue of Arcade CityUnder Siege.

We know you have a choice in gaming and thank you for choosing wodine for your gaming needs.
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 08:09 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Really looking forward to this one, thanks for accepting me as part of the team! Will give some thought to the team name.
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 03:18 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 550
Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad
Congrats everyone!
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 01:16 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Fuzzyninz Fuzzyninz
Hey, just joined the site And this looks like exactly what I'm trying to get into. I see I'm past the sub date but I also se a withdrawn player. Are apps open?