twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2021, 03:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4391
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
serenity: birds of prey

Game Nameserenity: birds of prey
Game SystemSerenity
Themeintrigue, gritty
Flavourspace western
Plot Summarythe albatross has lingered on the scrapyards of beylix for a couple decades. recently an enterprising crew picked it up off the bargain bin, and started refurbishing it. this is where their story starts. a captain, looking for crew. crew desperate to find work, no matter what it may be. these are the stories of a crew out on the raggedy edge of the black. here's to us!

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Nov 17th, 2021 at 03:56 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 225
Balthazzar Balthazzar Balthazzar
Hero Kusagari, Bounty Hunter and Captain of the Sora Katana
left-aligned image

Character Sheet

Sex: Male

Birth World: Persephone (The Under City of Eavesdown)

Attributes: Agility: 12 | Strength: 12 | Vitality: 10 | Alertness: 10 | Intelligence: 8 | Willpower: 10 | Initiative: 1d12 + 1d10 | Life Points: 20
Assets: MAJORCybernetic Implant - Muscular nanotech (+2 Step to STR and AGI) | MAJORWears A Badge +2 step Skill bonus to all Influence-based actions when dealing with those who respect your position. your authority covers most of the system | MAJORShip Owner - You own a ship worth up to 10,000cr or a share of a ship if more. | Graceful in Gear - reduces all penalties imposed on your Agility or Strength by armor or clothing by 3 Steps. | Intimidatin' Manner - +2 step Attribute bonus to Willpower on any action that involves intimidating, interrogating, bullying, frightening, and all manner of awing other folks. You can also use this on your rolls to resist similar attempts made against you.

Complications: MAJORBranded | - suffer a –2 step Skill penalty to any social interaction when the story of your terrible misdeeds comes into play. Virtually everyone in the ‘Verse has heard bad things about you. | Deadly Enemy - Someone is out to get you. | Memorable - His unique style of dress is impossible to forget | Loyal - You will do anything short of sacrificing your own life to help and protect your crew | Over Confident - You know that you’re up for any challenge. You’ll run, not walk, into deadly altercations. You’ll pick a fight even when you’re outnumbered.
Skill Set: Athletics d6 | Covert d6 | Guns d6, Pistols d12+d4 | Influence d6, Leadership d8 | Melee Weapons d6, Katana d12+d4 | Perception d6, Lip Reading d8, Tracking d8 | Unarmed Combat d6, Jiujitsu d12 |

Background:

Last edited by Balthazzar; Nov 18th, 2021 at 08:36 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 04:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
what's your cyber?
who's your deadly enemy?

and thanks for the two re rolls

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Nov 17th, 2021 at 04:00 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 04:10 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot lasgun View Post
what's your cyber?
who's your deadly enemy?

and thanks for the two re rolls
Cyber Implant are muscular nanotech that increases Strength and Agility.

Deadly Enemy

The following is the basis of the character Hero from Red Steel 2 video game (The impetus for the character). If iy will fit with the story, then the Jackals. If not I can come up with something else.

Hero is the only member of the Kusagari Clan, since the Kusagari Clan massacre. After enduring a 5 year banishment from Caldera, he returned home to find all of his clan members are killed. He then embarks on a journey to avenge his clan and destroy the vandals known as The Jackals.

And your welcome... lol
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
jackals are fine. i just hope we get some other people
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
jackals are fine. i just hope we get some other people
I'd expect some will.

How long will you wait for submissions? A couple weeks?
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 04:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
jackals are fine.
Shinjiro would be his main Nemesis, the leader of the Jackals.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
a week, mebbe two
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 04:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33714
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
What's the game level?
I'm thinking of throwing a pilot in the mix.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 04:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
big damn hero
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 06:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33714
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Clayton Rains, Pilot Extraordinaire
left-aligned image

Name: Clayton Rains <------ Character Sheet Link
Sex: Male
Birth World: Persephone
Attributes: Agility: 12 | Strength: 8 | Vitality: 8 | Alertness: 10 | Intelligence: 8 | Willpower: 8 | Initiative: 1d12 + 1d10 | Life Points: 18
Traits:
Assets: Cybernetic Enhancement - Left Leg (+2 STR Step, +10' running, Dodge skill d8) | Enhancement - Soft Tissue Replacement - +2 Life Points | Born Behind the Wheel - +2 Step Agility on any Piloting roll | Mean Left Kick - Unarmed attacks do Basic Damage instead of Stun | MAJORGood Name - +2 skill step in any social interaction if name comes up
Complications: Glory Hound - if spotlight moment fails, -2 step to social rolls involving anyone else in situation | MAJORCredo - Pilot last to leave ship | Memorable - Never covers up leg | Wisecracker - to any who get offended, -2 to social interactions | Nosy - If mystery about, -2 skill step to Mental and Social
Skill Set: Athletics 4, Dodge d8 (free) | Discipline d6, Concentration d8 | Guns d4 | Influence d2 | Knowledge d6 | Mechanical Engineering d4 | Perception d6 | Performance d4 | Pilot d6, Astrogation d8, Midbulk Transport d12+2, Short Range Shuttle d8, Intercepter class d8 | Planetary Vehicles d6 | Technical Engineering d4 | Unarmed Combat d6, Karate d10

Background: Clayton is a natural pilot, born behind the wheel as they say. He took to flying hovercars and racing them from a young age, and quickly moved to flying anything he could strap himself into. He got into any race he could find and worked up enough money and recognition to get into what passes for Iron Man competitions these days.
He got into those competitions that required both physical agility and driving and piloting skills. The moment the war was over, 6 years ago(?), the time was perfect for larger competitions to start up, and Iron Man: Rim Run was born. He jumped right in and quickly made a name for himself.

It began with a launch in a private fast small, two seater ship on Ezra with a mad dash to New Melbourne where you had to participate in a 5K swim. Immediately after, you had to Dash across the Black to Boros where you, participated in a 40K run. After Boros, you dashed in your custom ship to Whitefall where you participated in a souped up hovercar race, after which dashed back to Persephone while navigating an asteroid field along the way, hitting check points. It took place every 6 months, of which Clayton won the first three Races hands down.
He entered the 4th race and was in the top ten while racing on Whitefall when he crashed. It only made news for a day due to a four-way dead heat between other popular racers all the way through the asteroid field - in which two racers crashed and died - to Persephone. More ignored by the Alliance than sanctioned, especially with the war just over for a bit, it was quickly shut down after the last race in which so many died. Almost everyone remembers him, and a lot think he died in the crash on Whitefall. He almost did.
At the time, his hair was always worn in a crew cut, and he was known for doing all his world based races in shorts. His fastest race time was never beaten, and you can still find a poster of him out there in the Verse at swap meets and such.
After his recovery which required massive organ replacements and a new cybernetic left leg, he decided to take it easy for a while. While taking a job as a pilot on a mid-bulk cargo ship, he found he loved the things, and was even more gifted flying them than faster ships. He could land anywhere, fly in any situation, and sneak in places people wouldn't even dream of flying.
Throwing in the last of any Credits and such he has saved to purchase and refurbish the ship, he treats her like a person, even talking to her at times.
He loves his job, and other than his tendencies to get in trouble, he's a decent crewmate. He loves to have a good time, and can't stand it when he isn't "in on" what is going on with the rest of his crew.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Nov 18th, 2021 at 10:56 AM.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I will alter my skills a bit... This character was made for a more Cowboy Bebop setting which would have bounty hunters with their own smaller craft (ie. Swordfish II).

That's not really a thing in the Serenity universe so no need for such a high pilot skill. Might need to make a few more tweaks as well.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 07:28 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
My brother (Morganth) will put in a bid for Mechanic/Muscle on Friday. He's at work for the next 36hrs and he didn't bring his laptop.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 07:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
okay, i look forward to seeing his concept
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3952
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
I have not played this before can new players join?