Traveller Dune: Adventures in the Imperium (Open Recruiting Game) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 8th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3673
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
@Finrod, eheh, I like it. They're the "relationship" guys.. good or bad the always know the social protocol for it

Btw rolled a terrible 444775 for my stats, I foresee a very short life for my first buddy..
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 09:11 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 923
Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad
Wanted to drop this in here now. Kind of dry right now, but I wasn’t sure if you wanted a lot of concept stuff in this thread or the game threads to flush everything out. Let me know what you think.

1. Nascent House. House Orbas. Their main thing is designing mechanical devices/Engineering.

House Orbas
right-aligned image

Industry:
Being on a planet where a lot of the living creatures display intellect and drive bordering on human (and with memory of the Butlerian Jihad still echoing through the generations) House Orbas has made it their directive to display the foremost technique and knowledge in mechanical engineering and innovation. Even being just ahead of the competition is enough for them. They will try to get a lot of other houses to try to use them as vendors and suppliers.

Homeworld:
The planet Skaro, which is a temporary placeholder name, is an earth-like planet in a fairly small solar system with seven other planets.
Skaro is about 32.2 times bigger than Earth and its gravity is about 10.30 times that of Earth.

A single day lasts 27.04 hours and a year lasts 258 days. The planet is made up of 2 continents, which make up 29% of the planet's landmass.
1 moon(s) orbit the planet and Skaro itself orbits a red sun in a slightly elliptic orbit.

The plant-like organisms on this planet are almost entirely made up of grasses and bushes, both of which work together to reach the nutrients they need. Their intertwined growth leads to spectacular shapes and colors, but they leave almost no nutrients for other species. So only small flowers and some fungi manage to live of what's left. Trees and shrubs are non-existent.

Surviving is always high on the list of priorities of any organism, which includes reproducing. The organisms on this planet have taken this to a gorgeous next level. Almost all of them are bioluminescent, which means they glow in the dark. These lights will attract animals, who will spread the seeds and pollen one way or another. However, perhaps the most intriguing part is that each color or color combination is appealing to different groups of animals, creating an awesome, nighttime eating balance.

The wonders seen on the surface are also seen underwater. A huge variety of corals and aquatic plants have made their home in the waters of this planet, both living in harmony with each other, at least in most cases. Some species have developed into more aggressive forms, effectively trying to force their species wherever there's water for them. This has lead to the decline of some other species, but also to the rise of new, specialized predators.

This planet is home to many sentient creatures. The bird, reptile and amphibian kingdoms have the most sentient species, but the mammals and fish have their fair share as well. However, a few of the amphibian species appear to be the most advanced of all. They live in what can only be described as small communities in town-like constructions. They may lack the intelligence humans have, but their ingenuity is still very surprising.

2. Payton Alber, Nobel, Spy
Payton Alber
WIP

Last edited by Lighting Lad; Sep 10th, 2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8121
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Posting interest in playing as a diplomat/assassin.

House: Chol

Name: Leanna Chol (Ronan's Little sister.)
right-aligned image

Faction: Mentat

Archetype: Tactician?/Strategist? (Spy master)

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Sep 30th, 2021 at 03:42 AM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
Thanks! Getting started won't be too bad. Now that our game forum is up, I'm starting to populate it with official "getting started" materials.

I should have it ready in a few days.

The basic process is... really just two steps,
1. Make or Join a House,
2. Create a character.

Making a character is fairly simple as well, you pick a name, roll up six stats and pick a role.

Everything else happens during game play.
Where do we roll the 6 stats? Or is that during the next phase once you have got enough players to start a house?

Old Sep 9th, 2021, 01:18 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23196
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Um, Dune? Aww yiss!
Application WIP subject to change
right-aligned image
Ready comprehension is often a knee-jerk response and the most dangerous form of understanding. It blinks an opaque screen over your ability to learn. The judgmental precedents of law function that way, littering your path with dead ends. Be warned. Understand nothing. All comprehension is temporary.
-Mentat Fixe

House: Hell yeah, Finrod! Sign me up.Chol

Name: Larimar Khez
Faction: Could go Spacing Guild Agent or Bene Geserit Sister depending on other House player interest in Mentat.Mentat
Archetype: I think this might be fun. A Mentat that collects emotional data to make second order leaps in forecasting.Empath

Teaser: Larimar is a failed Sister.

Edit: Oh my! Should have updated the thread, DebiRedHair! Well, I'll leave it for now and modify as needed.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; Sep 9th, 2021 at 03:41 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 05:34 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34130
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiRedHair View Post
Where do we roll the 6 stats? Or is that during the next phase once you have got enough players to start a house?
No need to roll characteristics now... we will take care of that in the Character Workshop thread once the game starts

Eventually, you'll roll some basic stats. These are just starting places. Your selection of Archetype and Faction will modify those - thanks be to the Spice! ... so don't over stress about the starting characteristic scores. For now, just think 'favor' - once the house is formed and the game starts, you can even change your character concept posted 'here', based on what others in your group and you want to accomplish at the game start.

I hope that helps!
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 05:35 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Loving the house and character ideas so far - great job!
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 10:12 PM
Phial of Babel
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13765
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
A Scion of Chāyā rēkhā
right-aligned image

You believe my blue eyes are yours. It is what I say. And you'll believe it until I feed you to Shai'Hulud.

House: Chāyā rēkhā

Name: Alika Sulasi
Faction: Fremen

Archetype: Infiltrator
  • a soldier, intelligence agent, or other person who moves surreptitiously and gradually into an organization, territory, community, or the like, especially with hostile intent to uncover, find, know
  • a person or thing that causes one substance, idea, thought, or belief to pass into another by filtering

Last edited by GeneT; Sep 11th, 2021 at 09:26 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 10:34 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3371
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
ApplicationHouse: House Alfenz
Home Planet: Kaitain
Primary Focus: Warfare
Description: House Alfenz has made its bread and butter fighting for House Corrino loyally for thousands of years, and has been unfailingly loyal in all that time. They live their lives in a very spartan fashion, training from a young age to lead and engage in battle against their enemies and the enemies of their major. Though publicly they will parade their honor, they are not above underhanded tactics to defeat their enemies and are the frequent patrons of spies and assassins.

Name: Jessica Alfenz
Faction: Noble
Archetype: Strategist

Hope that's acceptable for now, I'll try to embellish some later.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 04:18 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
Um, Dune? Aww yiss!
Application WIP subject to change
right-aligned image
Ready comprehension is often a knee-jerk response and the most dangerous form of understanding. It blinks an opaque screen over your ability to learn. The judgmental precedents of law function that way, littering your path with dead ends. Be warned. Understand nothing. All comprehension is temporary.
-Mentat Fixe

House: Hell yeah, Finrod! Sign me up.Chol

Name: Larimar Khez
Faction: Could go Spacing Guild Agent or Bene Geserit Sister depending on other House player interest in Mentat.Mentat
Archetype: I think this might be fun. A Mentat that collects emotional data to make second order leaps in forecasting.Empath

Teaser: Larimar is a failed Sister.

Edit: Oh my! Should have updated the thread, DebiRedHair! Well, I'll leave it for now and modify as needed.
Maybe having 2 Mentats is why Chol is on the rise! But as has been said, we can amend these ideas during the character development stage so there is no problem.

Old Sep 10th, 2021, 06:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3673
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
I'd go Alfenz, or Chol if we don't have the numbers for Alfenz

Name: Kebin Nummel
Archetype: Warrior
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 09:56 AM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23196
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Okay, I couldn't resist. Time to throw a target House Major in the mix.

House ConceptPeople desire to be needed and trust that which is desired. Economics, in its purest form, is the study of human loyalty. How then can one rule billions without controlling that which is economically essential?
- Countess Denia Jurise

right-aligned image

House Jurise

House Type: House Major

House Domains: Primary Industrial, Secondary Espionage, Secondary Farming

Houses Minor: TBD

Homeworld: Mereene is the second planet of Omicron, a red giant supporting gas planets rich with habitable moons. Mereene was the first to be colonized with large tectonic land masses and small oceans otherwise similar to Earth. The expansion throughout the system thousands of years ago brought about a bloody war that ended in the unification of the system under House Jurise. The seat of the house is the capital, Mere, a large mountain complex overlooking the coastal fields of Mereene's largest ocean. Over the last centuries minor houses allied with Jurise have taken over administration of the outer moons who provide raw materials for Mereene's many industries. Chief among those and the source of Jurise's power is the production of the Spacing Guild's Highliners. Mereene's only moon, an irregular rock rich in metals, was terraformed specifically for the Highliners into a titanic orbital manufacturing facility whose mechanical automation has begun to skirt the line of the Butlerian proscriptions of the Great Convention. House Jurise's close connection to the Guild has provided them with discounted rates for distributing their valued insect protein and nutritious tubers from their homeworld across the galaxy and envoys from Jurise are as common as Bene Gesserit sisters as they are carried on every new Highliner produced. The Jurise have long held a seat in the CHOAM board, but recently, the Countess publicly and disastrously failed in a bid for Directorship and the stability of their Minor houses has become compromised. This has lead some to wonder if, like Omicron at their core, House Jurise is in decline.

Organisms evolve. Humans innovate. It is that difference that divorces us from environmental concerns of extinction. Yet, even given that freedom, our species unavoidably probes at the margins of our own destruction. We can not seem to escape the cellular axiom that there is no reward without risk and no greater reward than at the peril of annihilation. House Jurise was supreme in their space within that tension exactly because they never ignored the warning from the foremost danger, Spice.
-Omicron and Jurise, a History

Last edited by UngainlyFool; Sep 14th, 2021 at 02:01 PM.
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 09:23 PM
Phial of Babel
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13765
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
House Concept

House Chāyā Rēkhā

All warfare is based on deception. There is no House where espionage does not live. And no place where it is not possible.

Current Ruler: Countess Or Count Charokam
"No commodity is more valuable than intelligence. Or useful than religion."

House Type: House Major

House Domains: Primary Espionage, Secondary Religion, Secondary Politics
Give them alms and tell them what is True. Then they'll die for you freely.

Homeworld: Caladan-Arrakis-Geidi Prime-Ix-Kaitain-Poritran-Richese-Wallach IX
Our House appears small and minor as it should be as we do not move the Landsraad with our own voices, but the voices of others.

MusingsThis is just barest of ideas. Open to suggestions and changes and, well, everything.

Last edited by GeneT; Sep 11th, 2021 at 09:24 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 04:25 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Wow... this is forming up to be a brawl of Galactic proportions!

I'm updated the status board and loving what I'm seeing for far.

Keep the ideas flowing... I'll be working on the game thread some today. At that point, we'll start moving some of this material over and hopefully adding to our ranks (your houses ranks) as we go. I'm still working through the best way to organize this.

Right now, my goal is:

- To set up the House Area and,
- The 'real' recruiting thread. Even after we start, we're going to need fresh blood from time to time so recruiting will up to your house. Feel free to 'bump' this thread but the real hiring will happen in the house recruiting thread. Be careful some of your applicants may be spies from other houses!

I'll keep you updated as we go. Thank you for you hard work so far - it looks like your House is on the Rise!
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 01:26 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 314
Hvalreki Hvalreki Hvalreki Hvalreki
This sounds like a lot of fun.
I'd like to throw in my hat with House Jurise

Character Construction Site - WIP

"Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body. And even then you can make a mistake..."

House: Jurise

Name: "The Right Honorable" Rembrandt Van Rijn, Marquess of Mereene

Faction: Noble

Archetype: Trader/Smuggler/Spy

Last edited by Hvalreki; Oct 2nd, 2021 at 12:19 AM.