User Statistics
RPXP: 105
Fool Fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
right-aligned image
Name: Yulando Perrywinkle
Description:

“Perry” as he is known at the local tavern chuckle nights is a tall menacing figure to be cracking a joke. At six foot two and over two hundred and fifty pounds he sticks out among many of his entertaining brethren. Black braided hair falls behind and locked square jaw attempting hilarious rhymes that seem unnerving due to his thick voice and mead inflated gut.

Personality:

Surprising for his race Perry is rather laid back. He doesn’t mind when a joke won’t land, and can even handle the good heckler here and there. He values booze over gold and many of the tavern owners can attest to that through his ever-increasing tab. The only thing that really gets under his skin is speaking ill of his race, which is . . . unfortunate considering his passion.

Background:

Perry was picked up as a small child who wandered onto the road during a move with his tribe. Halgrum of Halgrum’s three tent circus (trademark pending) immediately saw potential in the orc youngling as a hired hand to help with setup and teardowns. This was to be Perry’s life for the next twelve years. Watching from the edge of the brightly decorated ring as trapeze artists swung high, tamers deftly dodged the swipe of claws, and clowns paraded around to lighten moods. But the act that he found most interesting was Halgrum himself.

Halgrum had a certain way with words, meaning he was funny. This was something Perry never knew in the tribe, and laughing as Halgrum teased at the crowds lifestyles and many races and surprisingly they all laughed instead of flying into a murderous rage. Perry even found himself laughing. The orc decided this was what he wanted, to bring the gift of humor back to his people.

One drunken night after tear down Perry approached Halgrum hoping to be apprenticed. Halgrum laughed, but the laugh that stung inside Perry as Halgrum explained that experience is the root of all humor. Halgrum told Perry that all orcs could experience was anger and war, jest was not those monsters, and the best they could bring to society was strong arms and obedient spirits for work. Perry did feel anger, but instead of lashing out he stole away into the night, determined to prove Halgrum’s perceptions wrong.

Moving from town to town Perry eventually heard talk of a “place beneath” promising many the experience for those willing to take the journey. Excited that this may be his chance to find his niche Perry made his way out, or more appropriately down.
I love the concept, the backstory is quite fun. All characters get a free feat at first level, and I'd like you to pick it before I consider your app 'completed'.

Last edited by Fool; 06-30-2020 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:06 PM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 568
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
I picked up actor to give me some beef in the charisma skill. Some things don't appear for others looking at dnd beyond character sheets so it might be missing when you look. If need by I can transfer everything over to a 5e sheet on here.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:16 PM
Level 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
Fool Fool
Quote:
If need by I can transfer everything over to a 5e sheet on here.
I'd prefer that, if it's not too much of a hassle.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:37 PM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
I have changed the linked character sheet to the one on here. If I have missed something let me know, I haven't used this in years.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:41 PM
Level 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
Fool Fool
Quote:
I have changed the linked character sheet to the one on here. If I have missed something let me know, I haven't used this in years.
It currently shows an error message when attempting to view it, fyi.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:45 PM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
Forgot public permissions. Promise I am more adept at this then I am giving off.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:47 PM
Level 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
Fool Fool
Quote:
Forgot public permissions. Promise I am more adept at this then I am giving off.
LOL no worries. This is my first time running a game on the site.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:06 PM
Level 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
Fool Fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericg1s View Post
Instead of the mystic, I will stick to a more traditional character: The arcane trickster rogue.

Name: Weston the brown.
Race: Tinker Gnome.
Class: Arcane Trickster Rogue.
Appearance: Brown eyes, skin, and hair. About average in weight and height for a gnome. His noee, ears, and chin are very round, as are his eyes, His fingers are long and thin.
Backstory: His childhood was a bit dull, spent mostly fishing in the creek (there were no fish to be caught; it was just a way to spend time with his friends.) He didn't apply himself very hard to any subject in school, nor to his chores at home, and tended to doze off during temple services. He was supposed to be apprenticed to an alchemist, but, due to concern that he was careless and would cause disasters, he was instead put to work assisting the man who made the glass bottles which alchemical ingredients are stored in. He discovered that the cutting tool used to trim the edges of jars could be used to make tiny, silent holes in windows....perfect to slip a wire in and slip the hook holding the window shut! After practicing on his own house when no one else was home, and finishing his training, he gathered what supplies and wealth he could and set off to make his fortune.
Background: Artisan (glass blowing.)
Alignment: Neutral, with slight chaotic tendencies. No real desire to hurt anyone, but a bit greedy.
Goal: To become wealthy.
Ideal: He starts out with wealth as his main idea, but during play he might develop actual principles.
Flaw: A bit lazy; does not try very hard at honest work.
Weakness: Not accustomed to violence.
Bond: He truly loves his parents and does not realize how much he is hurting them by not making anything of himself. He tries hard to conceal from them his true plans...they think that he is simply a journeyman artisan.
Attitude: Tends to complain when given actual work to do.
Eric, I'm going to say this.

I know I initially said my max was 5 players, but honestly I'm sitting at 4 players and a 5th just feels like over some line for me.

As much as I dislike doing this, I get the feel that you're the least hooked into this game, and as such you ended up on the chopping block.

I hope you don't take this badly, but I won't be accepting your application to Paradise Beneath.

Happy gaming, and may the Devils weight your destiny.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2151
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I thought I did select a feat. The system must have lost my message:
He would start with the defensive duelist feat, and as he gains spells, take mainly defensive ones.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:43 PM
Level 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
Fool Fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericg1s View Post
I thought I did select a feat. The system must have lost my message:
He would start with the defensive duelist feat, and as he gains spells, take mainly defensive ones.
Look, it's just about the fact that I don't want to handle a 5th rn

I feel like crap about it, but that's all it really is.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2151
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I can sit this one out if you are full.
I don't blame you for marking my app incomplete when the system dropped an update,