Notices

Old May 12th, 2020, 05:32 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7017
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
Checkpoint reached.

Anyone want to link up to Idricks discharge after discovering his superior officer was doing illegal stuff for the Connection Rule?

Such a tragic character from the get go. Trying to do good and it is not working out lol.

Last edited by Anael; May 12th, 2020 at 05:58 PM.
Old May 12th, 2020, 05:56 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21332
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Right, just checking in to find we are already at the next checkpoint - awesome.

I'll be rolling very soon, got to write another post first.
Old May 12th, 2020, 05:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5979
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
All right, CHECKPOINT achieved! Dom and Allyne went to university together, specializing in engineering. Unfortunately, Dom was critically injured after life support failed in his craft. While they could never agree if Life Support or M-Drives were the superior field, they found common ground over Power Plants. He owes his continuing sanity to her, and even though he didn't graduate he still has fond memories of their time. Having said their goodbyes, Dom tests his nerve grafts as he takes his first step toward the Scouts recruiting office.
Old May 12th, 2020, 06:26 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Well, seems I did not get the greenlight yet - so I'll just wait a bit I guess.
Old May 12th, 2020, 06:27 PM
Great Wyrm
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15355
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Am I being obtuse? What's the CRB?
Old May 12th, 2020, 07:08 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Where did you see that CRB?
Never mind I see it. I believe it to mean core rule book

Last edited by Anael; May 12th, 2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old May 12th, 2020, 07:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
CRB = Core Rule Book
Old May 12th, 2020, 08:24 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Everybody was just doing a single phase, right?

I did not gain entry into Uni, but then I had a nice dose of luck: I wanted to pick up medic and science at Uni, and finding that in the army that skill happened to be present once on personal development and support I picked personal development (not wanting any of the tech skills) and got medic on the first try. I didn't have a bad event roll either. Now it might be a bad idea to go for another term, but I feel like I might want to at least reach Corporal before turning into a backwater doctor...
Old May 12th, 2020, 08:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, just one phase!

@Savoy do you want us to do our connections now? I feel like it might get weird if some of us exit character creation at different ages, because that would desync the connection. I feel find to handwave, but wanted to check what your (and everyone's really) thoughts were.
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:27 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34130
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythrandil View Post
Yes, just one phase!

@Savoy do you want us to do our connections now? I feel like it might get weird if some of us exit character creation at different ages, because that would desync the connection. I feel find to handwave, but wanted to check what your (and everyone's really) thoughts were.
Yes, when you hit "Event" that is the time to think about making a Connection. You can do this 1 once when you hit "Event". If you take two 'loops' or more, you can do it a second time for a TOTAL of two times. Its optional but I'm not sure why you wouldn't do it if you can.

This is the place to work it out... if you end a loop with having skipped it, I'm sorry but its too late this time. We are locking it down as we go... so when you hit "event" be sure to pause your work, come here and find a connection... then go back to your thread and keep going.
(I feel like I'm setting up some kind of love connections !)

Remember, you can only take one connection when you get to event in your lifepath... but you can do it one more time in future loops(paths).

Good luck!
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:30 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34130
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
We have one person still waiting to start Phase 2, and several that are ready for another Lifepath loop (if you want). I've left you notes in your threads.

GREAT GREAT work everyone. Thanks for helping each other out, that the way is should work here - GREATLY appreciated. I wonder if I can work 'great' in another time - look, I just did
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Savoy, I understand that pretty well now! My main question, though, is how this works with a time line. Say, if Dom ends character creation after 7 terms and Allyne ends after 4, that leaves a 12 year gap between when we each went to university. Those sorts of logistics are what confused me, I think.
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:32 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Stupid question. Let’s say it comes to the point Idrick takes the draft can he get back into the Army since he was discharged if It was rolled?
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:35 PM
Great Wyrm
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Stupid question. Let’s say it comes to the point Idrick takes the draft can he get back into the Army since he was discharged if It was rolled?
The draft is a guarantee. Even if you roll a discharge I believe they can require you to re-enlist.

On a POSITVE note. Depending on where our characters are planetwise, your corrupt cover-up might merge with my character's corrupt cover-up. Possible skill points here!
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:36 PM
Great Wyrm
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
And sorry for the delay Sav. Had water therapy and some other responsibilities today. Should be relatively caught up now. Just looking for connections. I can see hooks with Phett, and Anael easily. Phett could even be a temporary rival instead of ally. Helping cover up that dirty Command level officer and his nefarious activities.

Question though. If an event ends up with a mishap that ends up ending a path AFTER survival succeeded, do we get advancement rolls or mustering benefits? It looks like they still accrue but I'm not positive.

Last edited by ogamodyna; May 12th, 2020 at 09:43 PM.