Game Thread The Casting - Part 1: - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Casting
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 11-22-2010, 12:39 PM
DWSage007's Avatar
DWSage007 DWSage007 is offline
Shenanigans!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-16-2015
RPXP: 367
DWSage007 DWSage007 DWSage007 DWSage007
Posts: 311
Sorune lets out a little whuf of air as he sees everyone mopping up the little devils, glad they were so capable. He looks around, on the lookout for more of the pests...

(Holding action, watching the surroundings.)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Ravage_mk2's Avatar
Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-31-2018
RPXP: 320
Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2
Posts: 1,134
Coming slowly to his senses, Krozket grips his measuring tool, which to most other people looks like a quarterstaff with alot of marks across the length, and follows after his unusual companion.

Alas, lacking both the number and size of the legs on the being, the gnome doesn't quite make it into striking distance.

The Eidolon isn't scared of the weapon of his foe, as he lunges out with his teeth at his goblin opponent.

Attack stuffKrozket moves 4 squares west, assuming 1 square = 5 feet.

To hit the goblin:
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (20)+3 Total = 23


Damage if hit:
Dice Roll:
1d6+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Ravage_mk2's Avatar
Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-31-2018
RPXP: 320
Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2
Posts: 1,134
Critical check:
Dice Roll:
1d20 11
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Saidande's Avatar
Saidande Saidande is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-14-2016
RPXP: 774
Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande
Posts: 1,451
More goblins fall and the two remaining ones flee. One remains unconscious and helpless on the ground. Captain Rothbert walks up calmly and puts his dwarven waraxe in its skull.

"Good job lads. Lets clean up the mess and tend to any wounded" He says, turning and calling for more wood to be put on the bonfires...

He asks you to rifle the bodies and look for anything of use.

[Perception Checks people]
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-01-2010, 02:40 PM
42and19's Avatar
42and19 42and19 is offline
From the land of Lud
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-08-2014
RPXP: 155
42and19 42and19
Posts: 815
Dice Perception:
d20-1 (7)-1 Total = 6


HAHA! Flee you cowards! Flee from the might of the shield! Flee from the righteousness of the common people! Flee and never return! Gando prances back and forth atop his noble steed. Any observer could tell that he was itching to give chase but because of his vows he was unwilling to leave the settlers alone.
__________________
"Some postman is grooving to all our love letters"
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Gliz's Avatar
Gliz Gliz is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2012
RPXP: 4
Gliz
Posts: 81
Logan looks into the dark woods for a few seconds. "Well, those ones will offer up a nice scouting report on us. But to pursue when we don't know the land or their forces is too risky." He turns his attention to the corpses. What'cha got stashed, you little roaches?
Dice Perception:
1d20+10 (10)+10 Total = 20
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Saidande's Avatar
Saidande Saidande is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-14-2016
RPXP: 774
Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande
Posts: 1,451
Looking though the bodies you find the following.

7 Small shortbows
140 Arrows
7 Small shortswords
7 sets of Small Leather Armor
4 Flasks of lamp oil
1 Quarterstaff
1 Silver Ring
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Gliz's Avatar
Gliz Gliz is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2012
RPXP: 4
Gliz
Posts: 81
OOCBy default I will add everything we find to the storage pits, so that nothing gets lost. As items are claimed by individuals, I will remove them from the storage pits.

Huh, lamp oil but no lamp. "Either gobbo here was headed to market to trade in his silver ring for a shiny new lamp, or these guys like to burn things." Speaking of which... "We better figure out what we're doing with these bodies, or we'll have wild animals or worse moving in for a moonlight snack, and disease in our ranks to boot. Burn pile downwind, anybody?"

Logan begins removing the armor and other gear from the corpses.

Last edited by Gliz; 12-07-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Ravage_mk2's Avatar
Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-31-2018
RPXP: 320
Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2
Posts: 1,134
One body was already taken care of, Krozket's ally was already disposing of the one it had been attacking earlier. It simply hadn't stopped chewing even after the goblin stopped moving. Far from omnivorous, it spit out the possessions of the goblin as it sat calmly near Krozket.

The gnome, for his part, couldn't quite believe the facts "There's no mistaking it, that IS an Eidolon. And apparently, it's MY Eidolon, but I never even tried summoning one yet. Yet, it was here when I came to at this side of the portal, was it manifested during my trip or afterwards?"

"Pardon the mess, I fear I'll need to teach my friend here some manners. I fear we haven't gotten the chance to introduce one another.
The name is Krozket. And THIS, as far as I can tell, is my Eidolon"
Krozket turns and adresses Mell, who was near the two of them as the battle wound down.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Saidande's Avatar
Saidande Saidande is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-14-2016
RPXP: 774
Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande
Posts: 1,451
Captain Rothbert walks and hoots.

"Well done lads. That showed those toothygrinned bastards!" He shouts, slapping one of you on the back several times.

"Lets get back to the fires. If there are goblins around you can bet this was just the first group to attack. They'll come back soon, and in greater numbers" He says, looking around.

The rest of the night passes quietly. And the morning comes with the promise of a new day and hard work...
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Elucidus's Avatar
Elucidus Elucidus is offline
Sky Monkey
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-25-2019
RPXP: 6997
Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus
Posts: 7,336
As the battle winds down, Mellania turns on the creature next to her. Not particularly bright and as wise as a mortlen rat, she wasn't sure. She turned on the creature hands up defensively when Krozket move alongside and spoke. Now looking at it, it seems to be jumping around like an excited puppy. Her vision wasn't clear and she couldn't quite make it out.

"Um, hi?" she said defensively, her hands still raised in front of her. It was obvious she was still a bit trepidacious.
__________________
~Luc
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Gliz's Avatar
Gliz Gliz is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2012
RPXP: 4
Gliz
Posts: 81
As the weariness creeps back into his muscles, replacing the receding heat of battle, Logan pulls the armor off the nearest corpse. That's it for me. He yawns, manages a nod to the halfling, then turns and walks back toward the fires, dimly aware of a woman talking to a toothed chest. That should be a dream, but I'm pretty sure it's not. He finds a tent that might be his and falls into a bedroll.

*****

Logan wakes later than usual, hears the sounds of people moving about, smells food cooking. I could eat a sodding goblin right now. He sits up, rubs his eyes, stretches his limbs. Huh. Legs are still sore, yeah, but otherwise not bad. He climbs out of the tent, follows the smell of food. I wonder if toothy chests eat breakfast.

OOCLogan is no longer fatigued.

Last edited by Gliz; 12-09-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: added OOC
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-07-2010, 07:53 PM
42and19's Avatar
42and19 42and19 is offline
From the land of Lud
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-08-2014
RPXP: 155
42and19 42and19
Posts: 815
Gando can be seen wandering around the camp engaging people in conversation. He does not strike as imposing of a figure while not on horseback. His walk is a bow legged gait of someone who is more at ease in the saddle. Mdohta, his mount, is grazing in a field nearby.

Around mid-morning Gando approaches Captain Rothbert. These people need some sort of defense. I suggest that we form a militia dedicated to building, maintaining and manning defensive structures. You seem to be an able commander, more so than I; and you probably have more knowledge of these people than I do, being a stranger. I will help out with the martial training of this militia. My only request is that you send the most skilled youths in my direction.
__________________
"Some postman is grooving to all our love letters"

Last edited by 42and19; 12-07-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Saidande's Avatar
Saidande Saidande is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-14-2016
RPXP: 774
Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande
Posts: 1,451
"Ok lads. We're going to be gathering wood this morning. Once Noon comes around we'll start building some palisades. Until then I want the lot of you to scout the area. Make a good wide circle around the camp and come back around noon" Rothbert says, stomping off with an axe in his hand. Almost all of the settlers are walking towards the edge of the clearing with axes, swords, and anything with a good edge to it.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Gliz's Avatar
Gliz Gliz is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2012
RPXP: 4
Gliz
Posts: 81
OOCHey, Saidande, since we're talking about scouting, in post #13 I made a tracking (survival) roll to find and identify tracks in the clearing, outside the area that had been trampled by the civilians. Result was 30 (32 if goblinoid). Did Logan find anything of interest with that roll?

Last edited by Gliz; 12-09-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB