twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 774
Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande
OOCYes you did find something. Not mentioning it yet. Pack up and we'll start once people are ready to move.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:33 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4
Gliz
Logan watches the dwarf stomp off, then looks around at the others gathered nearby. Skinny elf wizard; gnome with a rabid attack chest; woman who apparently can't see; and the cavalry. Is he serious? "Hell of a scouting party." Oops. They might not take that right. Try again. "So... um... I'll grab my pack. When you're all ready, gather by the northwest edge of the clearing. Please, that is. I mean, it's best if we look at the tracks from last night's raid while they're still fresh. We can follow them for a while, until we get out as far as we want to make our circle." Logan moves quickly across the camp, shoulders his pack, pulls some leaves from his belt pouch, and starts chewing them as he walks toward the northwest edge of the clearing. Wait - did I even mention my name?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The party quickly gathers its things and heads out into the forest.

After about 5 minutes the Ranger finds the trail and follows the tracks of the fleeing goblins, leading them in circles for several minutes before they abruptly end. The area around the trail suddenly becomes muddy and blood, goblin blood, is splattered all over the trees. A goblin's head, frozen in a look of sheer terror, is found in the brush. The remnants of the raid are quite dead, as you can assemble enough bits to account for all the fleeing creatures.

Something big killed them, and it wasn't delicate about it.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 320
Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2
"Seems something else found them before we did. I don't much care to find out what or who that was though" Krozket remarks as he takes in the surroundings. Attacking us had not been exactly friendly, but this is overkill
Old 12-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4
Gliz
"Something tells me we're going to find out whether we want to or not." This looks like utter slaughter. But by ambush, or by pursuit? Whatever this was should have left some tracks in the mud.
Logan spends a few minutes looking at the muddy areas, trying to find tracks.
Dice Survival:
1d20+10 (2)+10 Total = 12

OOCYikes! Let's hope for favorable situational tracking modifiers due to all the mud!

Last edited by Gliz; 12-16-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:54 PM
From the land of Lud

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 155
42and19 42and19
Gando let's out a low whistle. Whatever did this was strong. It would be best to find this creature and put it down before it causes mischief among the villagers.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Sky Monkey

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6997
Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus
Mellania stares at him a moment. The glare hidden by the blindfold. Is he serious? Or just so cocky as to be oblivious?

Last edited by Elucidus; 12-31-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 320
Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2
"Hope we can indeed protect the others from whatever caused this. Though to be perfectly honest I'd prefer a peaceful solution myself. Chances our we won't get that lucky though. In any case, we'll need to start working on some housing and defenses, just to be on the safe side." the young gnome adds to the conversation.

Krozket looks around carefully, and takes care not to disturb the area more then needed. Both to not destroy any clues and to not antagonize whatever might be present underfoot.

ooc: Spot check, taking 10
Old 01-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
After searching the area you find no positive identifier for what tore the goblins to pieces. Reluctantly you return to the settlement and find that the villagers are in the final stages of gathering and preparing wood for the day's labors.

"Ye find anything lads?" Rothbert asks, looking at you. You tell him what happened and he nods grimly.

"Oi. Well then we best get to work then. Defenses we have to build