twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Mature Adult Pigeon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22
Kaleopolitus
Ah, you were waiting on others while I was waiting on you ^_^' that explains that.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 172
Alice Alice
Ooh, that's a little awkward. You changed scenes the minute before I entered my character into the scene. Guess I ran for it. LOL
Old 01-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Space dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2062
Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer
@Alice: no worries, time is fluid.

If anyone is feeling a little antsy with the current pace, it would be a good idea for you to apply to other games, as many as you like. PbP games tend to be slow and while I try to maintain a lively pace, I think I'm going a tad too fast for some and I'll slow it down a bit.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Mature Adult Pigeon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaleopolitus
I'm sitting this one out untill Alice responds, or some other very specific thing happens.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23
mwc9a
Maybe I'm wrong, but I figure we're all destined to meet each other at some point. Isn't that why we are here? And when everyone seems to be heading to the water, we're going to run into each other sooner or later.

@Alice: I'm not sure what you mean by changing scenes. From a writer's point of view, I find this whole process interesting. I can be heading somewhere with a plot idea, and someone can change that on me. We're all trying to write the same story, but everything has a different ending in mind.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Mature Adult Pigeon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaleopolitus
@mwc9a Alice meant that both he and Kittenmancer posted within a 1 minute difference from one another, wherein Kittenmancer changed the surrounding scene whilst Alice's post was not adjusted to that change.

I too enjoy how we will all be impacting every single moment. For example, I had not at all thought about having Nontle and Mkela be the ones that Aisha's wolf growled at. I had actually mistaken the hilltop post with the six year old girl with Aisha's scene. That in mind, you being there changed what would have happened for the better.
However, we should also be careful to consider what the other person is trying to aim for here. When you are trying to cause A and someone goes and COMPLETELY overrides that and every chance to it it really sucks for you. So we should take some care in how we approach situations.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23
mwc9a
Agreed. But then, isn't that the way real life is? I had intended to go out with my kids tonight and do something fun with them. Now I have to go home a take care of a puking 7 year old. Yes, I think we all have goals and ideas that we want our characters to work towards. It will take longer as we all get in the way of each other, but we still work towards them and find creative ways to fit them into the story that we all write together.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Mature Adult Pigeon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaleopolitus
Things not always really work out, no. But what I meant more was that someone else had you stay silent throughout something because it happens during his post and he already moves on. It's a possibility. Personally, I'd like to see that we can just bend time and respond in a:

Moment 1 during the post,

Moment 2 during the post,

Moment 3 during the post,

fashion if applicable. Bendy time, but Kitten has to approve that if you ask me as it could create contradictions and conflicts.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Space dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer
Bendy time is bendy. If a post moves through (close) periods of time and/or changes scenes within the post, your answering post can do the same. Separate it into sections if you like, mark the different moments in some fashion to make it more readable, or use quotes to show what your character is reacting to at each point.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:01 AM
Space dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Draconis has messaged me that he will be unable to post for the next couple of weeks due to being internet-challenged. I'll RP Ekevu for him until he comes back.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:08 AM
Mature Adult Pigeon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaleopolitus
Shucks :/
Well. Sh*t happens.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29
BucketofLithium
Argggh, all I can do is apologise for not posting for about four days is it? I've just had a bucket full of exams and then a family problem that came up. All in all a terrible week and I haven't been able to touch the computer for more than about thirty minutes.

I still won't be able to post today (family problem still needs to be sorted out) but hopefully I can catch up and make my post (or posts if I'm that far behind ) tomorrow. If I am really needed to post I don't mind someone rping for me until I can get back.

Again, really sorry, especially to have such a long abscence at the very start of the game.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Mature Adult Pigeon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaleopolitus
I hope you'll be able to bounce back soon, Lithium.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Space dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Real life happens to all of us. We'll just take it slow since it seems like you're not the only one bogged down with school things.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Mature Adult Pigeon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaleopolitus
UGH. I DON'T want to do this! I really don't, but the consequences of inaction are far too bad to care about trivialties such as fun and enjoyment.

Read this: http://www.avaaz.org/en/eu_save_the_...125469&v=12249 Then sign it.

This one act is worse than SOPA and PIPA put together. It is them, in a global form. Europeans, we can FINALLY fight back properly using our own politic system. Do your part but above all, spread this, please.