twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 207
komposerhaus komposerhaus komposerhaus
Kalamko endured the slightly uncomfortable trip down the rope and trekked after his fellow seeds. He had seen a glimpse of Ekevu coming in with the honey thief, but thought that he must have been hallucinating. Too much desert sun, he thought, glumly. His friend was with the other group...probably miles away...definitely not here.

His slightly sour mood was burned off by the things he saw in the rooms beneath. Nontle had been right...these had not been built by the Khoe. Kalamko wracked his brains, trying to remember precisely what he had seen in the vision that night in the tent of the Old Moons. Did this architecture look the same...he couldn't quite remember...

He watched Nontle try to take the top off a box, and, keeping an eye on her in case a family of snakes or spiders should spring out of the opened box,
Dice Spot:
D20+3 (6)+3 Total = 9
he surveyed the room.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Immature Adult Human

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2141
Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho
As the group descended into the depths, M/engá's jaw was agape. Each step since they arrived at the river beds brought with it fresh revelations: the bowl, the cave, the treasure, the bricks... now this!

The bowl! he thought, suddenly excited. Taking it out of his sack, he examined the green patterns in the blue metal bowl, comparing the mark they left with the ornate patterns of the hinges that held the wooden slats together. He let his fingers dance across the surface of the verdigrised bronze, wishing that the imperfections in this man-made material were able to impart their story unto him.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:22 AM
Mystic Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 102
Draconis Draconis
Ekevu, watching with awe, leaned over the hole in the cave as the last of the group hastily made their way down the rope. Not having time to ask questions, the elf obediantly followed after them. The way the others were behaving made him think someone was in trouble. Stumbling down off the rope into the first room, Ekevu glanced around with even more awe... a mind tickling awe. What is this place, he wondered. Seeing as the others were going down the stairs rather rapidly, Ekevu left such questions in the back of his head. "Is someone in danger?" he asked with quick concern.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Space dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2062
Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer
What Nontle finds

As the girl tugs and pokes at the box, the slats crumble under her hands, little clouds of dust rising up. Inside, she finds collapsed shelves that once held fabrics, now little more than tatters, although the ones in the middle of the stacks seem better preserved. All the pieces are in the same colours - a faded blue with pale yellow trims. On the top shelf there are about a dozen strangely shaped head coverings made from some stiff material in the same colour as the clothes. They start as a cylinder, then sweep upwards in a triangular shape, like a three-sided shallow bowl. A ragged tassel hangs from each of the pointed corners. They look very silly indeed.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23
mwc9a
Mkela

Halfway down the stairs, Mkela relays Nontle's message. She's OK. She's down here. Come on down. Mkela finishes descending and runs to Nontle's side. I got worried when we didn't hear you answer us. I'm glad you're OK. What is this stuff? Then, stopping to look around for the first time since descending the hole, Mkela lets out a gasp. Wow... Where are we? What is this? Mkela then wanders away from Nontle, following his eyes as they trace the outlines of the room, examining everything they see. Gradually, tentatively at first, Mkela reaches out to touch the different materials... the wood, the stone, the cloth. Gaining confidence, he lets his fingers trace their patterns and surfaces. Turning back to Nontle, he says in a low, almost reverent voice: These were made by people like us, weren't they? So familiar, and yet so very different....

Last edited by mwc9a; 07-02-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Immature Adult Human

Tools
User Statistics
Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho Sofinho
M/enga switches his attention from the ornate iron to the tall wooden box that Nontle has not yet investigated, rummaging trhough the bright and colourful fabrics to see if there are any vestments not completely destroyed...

Old 07-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Mature Adult Pigeon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22
Kaleopolitus
Nontle picks up one of the hat things and looks it over. Convinced it's nothing important she puts it back.

She shrugs at Mkela as she turns around back to the center of the room, Your guess is as good as mine. But didn't the hunter speak of caves? I don't think he meant... This. This is not natural, we know that much. her hand waved at the contents of the crate: items no force of nature could have created. Not to their knowledge anyway.

Nontle casually walks to the ajar double door and peeks outside of it, Want to take a look at the next room, M/engá? There might be something more interesting than what you're looking at. she said as she passed by him at the door. She continues through it, choosing not to wait for his answer.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Mystic Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 102
Draconis Draconis
Ekevu

The knife still held stiffly in his hand, Ekevu catches up with the others carefully descending the stone staircase. Seeing that everyone seems to be safe, Ekevu lowers the knife somewhat, relief crossing his weary face. He had entered the second floor of this unusual place just in time to see Nontle passing through the rectangular passageway. Ekevu follows after her keeping up with the groups source of light.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Space dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2062
Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer
The wooden box that M/engá investigates contains more fabric, this one thicker and sturdier, although slightly less pretty than the other box contained. The dark blue cloth is shaped into clothing, short-sleeved tunics and pleated skirts, but all of them are far too large for the Khoe youths, which is a shame since they are quite well preserved. On the lowest shelf, neatly stacked together, are perhaps a dozen stiff leather breastplates. The shape is similar to the one that Nontle is wearing, but their surface is simple and unadorned, save for scratches, scrapes and stains denoting hard use.

As Nontle slides through the door, the room before her stretches into the gloom to the left and right. The wavering light from the torch reveals a row of sleeping pallets elevated to waist height on sturdy wooden pillars. The straw in their mattresses has long crumbled and the dust now floats thickly in the air, making one sneeze if inhaled. Rough woven blankets are folded neatly on each pallet, the edges perfectly straight and precisely aligned. Under each pallet there is a long, low wooden box, the top lid closed and secured with corroded bits of metal.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Immature Adult Human

Tools
User Statistics
M/engá admires the cloth for a short time, considering whether to take some back to the tribe as gifts for his family. The pleated skirts are of especial interest: his Korana mother would be very pleased by such quality craftsmanship. In the end, however, he decides to leave them be, anticipating that there may yet be greater treasures to be found.

Handing his torch to Kalamko, the young Namaqua retrieves the leather breastplate he considers to be in best condition: "For protection: there is enough for us all!" Once suitably clothed, M/engá retrieves his torch and ventures into the gloomy room Nontle was investigating. He whistles as he beholds the neatly aligned roads of what appear to be beds:

"Can you imagine sleeping down here, Nontle? I mean... under the ground?" a thought strikes him... he recollects the vision... the great cataclysm...

ash sifts from the sky like snow. The wind whistles through the streets of collapsed cities, making the bones clatter

He shudders a little, before coming back to his senses.

"..but you're right, I don't think this is the caves the hunter was talking about... but does this place seem... I dunno, familiar to you? Like..." but Nontle appeared to be investigating a wooden box beneath one of the pallets. Seeing as the wood seemed compromised, so he leant in to help the Korana girl prize it apart...

Last edited by Sofinho; 07-21-2012 at 09:53 AM.