... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Mar 19th, 2017, 08:07 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37513
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
If you are a player returning from a long absence and don't see your game thread, please include me along with any PMs you send to pianoman90, thanks.

Old Jun 7th, 2020, 10:47 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16144
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Thread is reopened! Welcome

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Jun 7th, 2020, 10:59 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Foxy of Loxly Foxy of Loxly
Hello!
Old Jun 7th, 2020, 11:58 PM

Tools
User Statistics
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Brilliant! Head over to this game now where there is an outline of how to create a character. It will also be the game thread we use for our adventure, so be sure to subscribe to it by clicking on the thread tools and selecting subscribe. That way you won't miss any posts as we go through!

Old Jun 8th, 2020, 08:47 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Huh, that's odd. Coulda sworn I had something posted. Kinda opened the door, and if nothing needed a reflex save, i rolled a perception check to see if i noticed anything. Said post is missing now, however.

~Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings: NPC Warrior
Old Jun 8th, 2020, 09:03 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I have this one-slipped across to the top of the next page (each page only has 15 posts on it). Is that the one you mean?

I am also at work now, I will try to fit in a post around my students (I am a music teacher by trade), but it might be a little while until I get another one up.

Old Jun 8th, 2020, 09:06 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I didnt notice we hit page 2 yet >.>
F for respects

And no worries! With all things, Time. Real life before tabletop, always

Last edited by Foxy of Loxly; Jun 8th, 2020 at 09:09 PM.
Old Jun 8th, 2020, 09:50 PM

Tools
User Statistics
No problem! That is why we run these things. These forums can be massive holes in which to get lost in otherwise.

I have had a few gamers ask what time the sessions were, as if this was a normal tabletop. Glad to see you have it under your wing very quickly! Can I ask-what drew you to the PbP in the first place? I like the enhanced storytelling aspect of what we do here, one can really flesh out the characters and take time to understand how to respond to a situation that is presented.

Old Jun 8th, 2020, 10:19 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I have a lot of shiny clik clak math rocks, and it drew me into D&D initially. I was overseas in Korea for a 1 year tour when i ran across people who played Pathfinder, and i took to it immediately. After playing in person for a good while, i learned the basics. Seeing as i couldn't find any further games, i turned to playing online.
I got back to the states, and thats when I began in earnest. My first real campaign took place on Tabletop simulator in a curse of the crimson throne Adv. path. The DM knew his ****, and we played for months, until Real Life interjected like an *******. The party fell apart. I tried my hand at DM'ing pathfinder, and it went like ****. So I went for something simplet, and made a homebrew playthrough of Dark Soul's anor londo in 5e. Literally from the ground up. The encounters were JUST hard enough to 'almost' TPK the party. Which happened 5 or 6 times. They survived, and made it through to the end, mentally drained and exhausted, but feeling like they were on top of the world.

After that, i made a deep dive dungeon 'campaign' for that party to learn pathfinder. It went reasonably well, and the group had fun. Which was the important part. After i couldnt get any games locally, i turned to online once more, and tried to join a few games. Nothing really took off, so I was drifting for a while. I tried GM'ing again, and it... Was a mixed bag of good and ****. I decided i needed a break when one of my mistakes ****ed me and even worse, the party. I couldn't figure out how I wanted to run the campaign with their TPK added into the story, so I just... Took a break. When I decided to take up the mantle of adventurer again, it felt good. Refreshing even. Except there was never a game open, save for things I didn't feel comfortable doing (like 2e). When I looked into the living worlds ads on the Pathfinder unofficial discord, i saw PVP, and best of all, I saw that it catered to all kinds of players. From those having fun, to number crunching, heartless goblins of the foulest order... Namely the people whose tricks i wished to learn to improve my own flavor of odious power gaming.

That all said, we all play pathfinder for different reasons, and in different ways. In my case? I do it to let my minor amounts of creativity loose, and to see what inane tricks and combos I can come up with. Euphoric cloud and fire wall was a personal favorite.

Old Jun 9th, 2020, 02:57 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Excellent, the arena will be like a second home to you then! The Crimson Throne AP is great, I have played through only the first chapter here once or twice. Games are slow on these forums usually, so you have to be ready to settle in for the long haul. The best games in the Hall of Fame folders are full of old site vets who have been kicking around in games, some up to 11 years old. Adventure Paths are a great way to get stuck in!

Have you ever felt the urge to DM a game yourself? Or just stick to the player aspect?

Old Jun 9th, 2020, 01:03 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
As I mentioned, I DM'd a couple times. One with a ground up homebrew on 53, and two more homebrews on pathfinder. It's fun, but I don't have the mind for it especially. I can DM, but i cant write a contiguous story to save my life. Just the outlines of one.

Old Jun 9th, 2020, 09:04 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, yes sorry I did read that you DM'ed in person. There is nothing like learning a system than DM'ing it, or making a homebrew! The stories come and go, and it is important on this site in particular to know that the truly great posts only come along once every now and then. Most of my GM posts and encounters are ok, but not stellar, and sometimes I get the spark of inspiration to write something meaningful and as full of interest as I can. There are even corners of the site where you can work with someone similar to this, but on your writing style if you were interested.

Your writing style is great though! There is always enough of a response to what I am writing, as well as deliberate and decided action taken to make my job easier as well. I am enjoying the game so far!

Old Jun 9th, 2020, 09:46 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I cant keep a cohesive narrative together to save my life, but i can paint a pretty picture :P

Old Jun 16th, 2020, 02:34 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry for the afk! Had to deal with RL. Back now

Old Jun 16th, 2020, 08:11 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Not a problem! RL always comes first, and this game style lends itself to the occasional posters, so welcome back!