Notices

Closed Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2020, 08:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 771
Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo
Registering my interest for this game. Setting looks great, and I'm fine with the LGBTQI vibe. The only disappointment is that it's only a one-shot! But I guess that at the expected pace of play, a one-shot can last a long time here.

Currently thinking through my options for a character that would fit the game.

Last edited by Menzo; Oct 18th, 2020 at 08:14 PM.
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 09:49 PM
Snacking Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 946
NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese
Okay Wynamoinen, I'm going to stop stressing over Heliae, and consider my application done. It's my first time submitting one on RPGX, so if you feel compelled to offer feedback, it's totally welcome. Thanks for the opportunity!
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 01:25 AM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10085
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Menefer of the Nine Lives
right-aligned image
Name: Menefer of the Nine Lives
Race: Tabaxi
Gender identity: Gender-fluid (they/them/theirs)
Class: Warlock (Undying if allowed, otherwise Hexblade)
Appearance: Menefer is a slender Tabaxi with grey tabby coat. They have a slight build, with gangly limbs. Their face is soft and rounded, with strikingly large and prominent features that give the impression of a young adolescent not too far removed from kittenhood. Except, of course, for the piercing golden-tawny eyes that appear to have witnessed far more pain and hardship than one would think possible for one who appears so young.

RP Samples:

Last edited by rhaiber; Nov 2nd, 2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 08:24 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24459
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Thanks for the interest, Menzo; update, Nightcheese; and app, rhaiber!

I plan on being a good GM this weekend and giving any completed apps a full read-through. That's obviously not the deadline, but it will give me a preliminary pass to get a feel for the characters, and flag any major issues. I think my applicant table in the first post is up-to-date, but I will make sure that it is so this weekend.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 04:39 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4979
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
[withdrawn]

Last edited by Inuvash255; Oct 28th, 2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 10:36 PM
¡Salud, camaradas!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9437
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Aoshnar from the Zalychn peoples
right-aligned image
Artist Credit: Madhura Kamat
  • Name: Aoshnar
  • Race Half-Elf
  • Gender identity: Maverique
  • Class: Rogue (Mastermind)
  • Appearance: Like the seasons of his mountainous homeland, Aoshnar has many aspects and they change, frequently and suddenly. At home, within the privacy of his courtyard garden, Aoshnar dresses in the silks and wraps from the far territories, with bracelets, bangles and rings. At work, in the service of the courts of the Anykhet, Aoshnar wears the plain, but regal robes of authority. But either in domestic or public garb, the bearing is always dignified and stately.

Adventure Thematics:

Last edited by bananabadger; Oct 23rd, 2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old Oct 24th, 2020, 02:09 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Great, so. We are a week and a day away from application closure. Still plenty of time to edit and apply, if you're interested.

I spent the morning sorting through the applications, making spreadsheets, and giving a read-through to those applications that appeared to be complete. The table in my first post should be fully accurate as of this moment in time. If your entry is not right, or you'd like something changed, just say so (probably in PM). I sent messages to a few of you, where I felt clarification or adjustment was important. Which means if you haven't heard from me directly, I felt like I got a good feel for what you were offering. Again, if you'd like specific feedback about something, feel free to bounce me a PM.
Old Oct 26th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 771
Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo
Raemka
right-aligned image

Names: Raemka of Khem; Raemka of the Shifting Sands; The Desert Storm
Race: Tabaxi
Gender Identity: But accepting of other gender identities.Cis male, bisexual
Class: Barbarian (Desert AuraPath of the Storm Herald)

Appearance: Although only of average height, Raemka is much sturdier and muscular than most tabaxi. Many have made the mistake of believing that this makes him slow and cumbersome, but the reality is that he is as adroit and graceful as all his race tend to be.

His fur is dark. Depending on the light, it can seem either black or a very dark blue—what the Domanites call caeruleum. His eyes are normally yellow and slitted, but when he is in the midst of a rage they darken to an intense sienna and flicker like the flames of a campfire.

His dress is minimal—some simple strips of white and blue fabric, and light brown pants. Bulky clothing would only impede his movement, anyway. He wears ornate bronze vambraces and greaves that double as ornamentation and practical armor. He likes to keep himself and his clothing clean, and bathes as often as is practical.

Some notes
And that, I believe, is that. It was an interesting process. I settled on the race first, before rhaiber posted their own tabaxi character, and went looking for pictures. Initially I was thinking about a tabaxi rogue, but then I found (and fell in love with) that picture. It obviously wasn't a picture of a rogue, so I had a look at other classes and found the Storm Herald Barbarian. It seemed perfect for the setting. I then created the three names, which meant absolutely nothing to me at the time. Then came the RP samples, and finally the Appearance.

I've never done RP samples before. It took a little time to figure out the right premise and opening for each, but once I did both samples pretty much wrote themselves. The first sample deals more with the LGBTQI themes of the game, and the second sample deals more with Raemka as a lone barbarian of the desert wilds. In both samples, I've also tried to build up the setting a little. My writing style is, and always has been, a little spartan. I prefer to reveal character through action and dialogue, usually as an interaction with another character, rather than through internal monologues.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

Last edited by Menzo; Oct 31st, 2020 at 12:29 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 01:43 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13940
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
right-aligned image

Name: Amari Kanumba
Race: Elf
Gender identity: Transgender Female she/her
Class: Druid (Circle of The Moon)
Appearance: Mocha skin with a tattoo across her face and hair done in tight rows. Her brown, soul searching eyes, are the only things that are the same between forms. She, often, stands around nearly six foot but will change that to suit her mood. She will also change her other natural features to suit the way she is feeling.

Last edited by Ysolde; Oct 27th, 2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 09:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6292
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
I'm going to withdraw my application since I just can't find my character's voice. Good luck everyone, and I hope those successful have a wonderful game, it certainly seems like it will be!
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 09:38 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry to hear that Lazer. I appreciate the note.

And thank you for the new applications, Ysolde and Menzo! My application table has been updated, but it may take me a few days to give new information a serious read-through.
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 04:09 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1791
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star

Old Oct 28th, 2020, 01:03 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4979
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
I'm gonna withdraw also - I just can't settle myself on a character idea to fall in love with. Nothing is quite sticking for me.

That said, for everyone, I was in Season 1 of this game; and it was a great time and Wynamoinen is a great GM to play with. I'm sure the party that comes together at the end of the application process is going to have a great time too. Good luck! ^ -^
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 01:31 PM
a bit like you and me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3856
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Friendly post that Dunyazad's app is complete from my end!

Old Oct 28th, 2020, 02:59 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28911
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
left-aligned image

Name: Elanil Zylbella
Race: Elf
Gender identity: Non-binary (they, them)
Class: Ranger (Archer, no plan to Multi-class)
Appearance: 5' 6”, 120#, Golden Blonde hair, Green eyes

Closed Thread