Notices

Old 09-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 638
coachjmcvay coachjmcvay coachjmcvay coachjmcvay coachjmcvay coachjmcvay
Favorite RPG Character?

OK, I want to read some great adventure stories, so who is your Favorite character that you have played in an RPG?
Old 09-27-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm really not that cool.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4706
loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=133932
-#577 From The Canonical List of Famous Last Words
Old 08-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 218
MechEBird MechEBird MechEBird
I cant take credit for playing it, but instead I was GM for a 80s RPG of Ghostbusters recently where part of the party consisted of The Fonze (Happy Days) & John Cena who entered with hos theme song at every new location. The fonze was too cool to be capable of helping with anything else and John Cena kept failing all hos rolls making him perform his signature move on the ground to himself. We ran out of time to play before they we even able to capture 1 ghost because we were laughing too much at every mistake they made while still holding character.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:05 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1598
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
My most beloved character was from back in high school. I had a Dwarven Cleric of Ohgma, name was Karhald Deepfallen, I've kept the name as a handle/mmo character name, and frequently reincarnate him for tabletop rpgs. Back in 2nd edition days, a cleric of Ohgma could wrestle while in full armor without penalty, and my Dwarven Cleric used that exclusively. Didn't matter what we were fighting, he never swung his hammer, never even held it. Straight to the tackle, grapple, pin. The rogue would then jump on top and finish the job, and my cleric would tackle the next guy. inefficient, but a lot of fun! He would then heal everyone up once the fight was done.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:41 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
IronHalo
Favorite RPG character

By far my favorite RPG character was from the Savage Worlds Necropolis Setting. My character was called "The Rook," short for "Rookie" and he was a BA knight with a flamethrower. The story we told was that of a group of Knights who were recruited and charged with storming an undead city throughout the campaign, but had to live out the entire series as Reality TV stars. The Rook was a total ham, not-too-bright, and often charged into battle "Leroooy Jenkins"-style in order to increase his appeal and ratings with viewers, while entirely messing things up for his ragtag team. He would find any excuse to take his shirt off, suffered from serious narcissism, and always had a foolish remark that upset his commander. We still laugh about those adventures today that occurred over a decade ago.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Geek Chic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 464
CalmInChaos CalmInChaos CalmInChaos CalmInChaos CalmInChaos
Hannah the Librarian. Mousy brunette with nondescript clothes, inkstains on her hands and a journal tucked under her arm. She was a dual wielding rogue. "Hannah, why did you stab that cleric?" "He stole my book!"
Old 09-18-2017, 04:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 422
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
The priest of infinity. Completely insane sorcerer who swore up and down he was chosen by infinity itself to reveal it's presence to the world, which mostly involved throwing the color spray and flare spells at things. Even got one of the party members when they decided to humor him. Literally had the entire table laughing (yes, even the person whose character got hit). That game was far, far too short.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:46 AM
Dark Witchling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 340
WitchKing WitchKing WitchKing WitchKing
Tough question but I would have to say my favourite was a human rogue from way back when during DnD 2E. His name was Tragic and his highest stat(dex) was a nine. But man I tell you, he had luck on his side. When he needed a good roll, he got it. I had the DM accuse me of using loaded dice on more then one occasion. By time the campaign was done, he was best friends with a king and rich as all get out.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7820
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
I played a Fighter once who had an intelligence of 3. He was a lot of fun. Because of his strength and HP, he would often lead the way. Whenever he came to a door with a door knob, he would stare at it a moment, sigh, and then step aside and let the cleric handle it.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:27 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
Mnemophage
I had a hermetic mage in Shadowrun who went through an entire, big campaign without learning or using a single damaging spell. The only time she ever did damage was when she used Telekinesis to throw a thing at a guy. What she did have was an exceptional amount of manipulation spells, a fantastic aptitude with the Astral and, as the game went on, just enough initiation to quicken spells onto her physical body. By the time the end of the game rolled around, she was the best-armored person in the group despite looking as if she was wearing normal street clothes, and she had ended a worrying amount of fights by means of mind control. Furthermore, she was a research mage, and was responsible for creating a variant of FAB3 so ungodly virulent that it might have killed a metaplane. We never did check up on that...

At the end of the game, she left the shadows to found a university and give out research grants for mad science.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 459
Karver Karver Karver Karver Karver
Cailet De LaVega - A hot and saucy gunslinger in the Boot Hill system. Somewhere between Selma Hayek (desperado) and Sharon Stone (the quick and the dead).

The system allows for one shot kills; giving or receiving. I managed to keep that gun slinger alive for 5 years. Until my good friend shot her in the back (literally) while she tried to escape a posse. I’ll never forget how I just sat there, mouth agape as he just smiled, all sinister.

Cailet!!!!
Old 04-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 532
Desknight Desknight Desknight Desknight Desknight Desknight
As much as I may gripe and smack talk the system.

Jon Smith, Pathfinder, Human-Commoner
No one knew my class, we didn't know anyone's class really.

By the end of the campaign everyone assumed I was a min-maxed wizard.

While untrue, it was true that I was (in)directly behind every single event in the campaign.

I love challenge runs.

Last edited by Desknight; 04-11-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:48 AM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2203
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
This is clearly an undead thread, or maybe only half-undead? Hard to tell. ANYWAY...

Favorite character I played was Dr. David Roy MacBeth, played in a d20 variant on Eldritch Scrolls. He started out as merely a flat rift on the concept of a "steampunk fighting gentleman" since the campaign was supposed to just be something we did over a couple weeks. Four years later, the campaign was still running weekly and he had become the most loved, hated, love-hated character in the game. Tall, charming, dressed in white, wielding a souped-up Winchester 76 One-in-a-Thousand, he had started out as merely an upstart doctor/researcher from a banking family in Scotland. By the time the game finally drew to a close, he was the head of his own international cult, discovered the secret to eternal youth, been accused of being Jesus AND the Devil (in the same night, on one occasion), and successfully bought the souls of all the other party members...for good or bad, no one knew. By the end of the campaign, we ran a poll on favorite characters (most people had run through many, and I had even set David aside for a time to play others). David was voted best Hero, best Villain, AND best Anti-hero...just to give perspective. To be quite honest, I have never tried recreating him since he was merely a happy accident that I know would never work again.

~~~~~~

Now, I know this isn't the question, BUT...I have a favorite char RP'ed by someone else.

I was in a group of friends that used skype's face-time to game during college, despite the distances between us. Our best campaign was a Pathfinder game with some WH40k thematics. The character was played by the Brit in our group, whom we lovingly knew as Dickles (Richard was his name, which became Dick. Dick was known for being a fan of my southern family's affinity for pickling things, and thus became Dickles one night. The nickname stuck).

Dickles had a character named Ragnar. Just Ragnar. Ragnar was something between an Irishman and a Viking. 7 feet tall, he wore a sheet metal kilt and had flowing hair and The Beard. The Beard always flowed, even if there wasn't a wind. He also made use of a chainsword and a pirate ship.

Ragnar did not actually talk. He growled (spittle-spewing growling) at various volumes. Being a gestalt of a psion and a barbarian, this managed to accomplish things. If he wanted to sail his ship down the middle of a road, he did so by growling at it. If he wanted to cook eggs, he heated the pan by growling at it. The character was built to guarantee rolls of 20 on a single skill check, and Ragnar chose Intimidation. His high point was successfully intimidating a wall in a jail cell to not be a wall.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 238
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
I played a Gnome illusionist/thief back in AD&D. Something about the gnome race, their general goodness while retaining a strong trickster element, really played to my imagination. I thoroughly enjoyed setting up interesting illusions.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:07 AM
Wizards Only, Fools

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2301
Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier
Tabletop would probably be Ildon Shinwa, who was a custom race "mystic" soulsword. Mystics were Atlanteans that had take refuge in the Dreamscape after the sinking of Atlantis, so they had stuff like auto-hypnosis +2 and lucid dreaming +2, as well as resistance to sleep and a couple bonus power points.

Ildon channeled his psychic powers through his mindblade, so he was able to produce a sleep effect instead of psionic strike damage. And he could enter an incorporeal dreamstate for a few rounds. He used these talents to explore savage islands in search for Atlantean artifacts.

PBP I have probably have to go with Jasmal Jassan, an air genasi psion/mystic with a focus on nomad powers. Jasmal was very superstitious about Lady Doom, Beshaba. She spent time hunting bandits before venturing into the Underdark to battle drow. However, she never returned from this voyage, as she disappeared into the chaos of Limbo.

The best part was she traveled with a little bully Psicrystal named Swagger that spent most of his time ranting at their teammates.

Best on one-shot was Captain Thornton Wales. Formerly damned by a devil to spend eternity in hell, Thorton was able to escape thanks to unlikely allies. However, he time in Hel had twisted him, as he mastered psychoactive control over flames and well as the ability to turn himself into an incorporeal state.

That led to some crazy stunts like stepping of the side of an air ship to catch a hostage and then using <i>nimbus</i> to catch the Captain and allow him to cover their retreat back to the ship by dispelling bolts from a spellstorm.

Lureene Greytower|Otis|Jubal Waltz
Tribulations of the Stag: King of Meads