Game Thread Chapter III: Dragon Hatchery - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Previous Inductees > 2018 > Tyranny of Dragons > Cryptography
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar
Sassafrass Sassafrass is online now
Man・Earth・Sky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 60124
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Posts: 17,767
Looking at the place, there is no illusion about it: that much Visverax knows. And there doesn't appear to be much of a trick, except for the bait-and-switch. But where was the switch? Where was anything, really? Rhokax thinks hard. It is not impossible that an army could move so quickly, but they'd need to be well-supplied with horses and knowledge. And they may yet, from what he saw and what he knows. It's not impossible, but it is difficult. The bounty the Cult had gathered... moving that would be the difficult part. If the mercenaries dispersed, it is entirely conceivable that the entire army might have just disappeared overnight.

What a maddening prospect.

Above, the three armored souls, covered in some kind of dark cloak that obscures who they are or what their exact allegiances are, head onward, and do not yet notice the three that they charge towards, up the hill, in the deluge. That is their chance, and they take it. The spells come quickly, whether from the gods or woven from beyond, and they slam hard into the three brigands, charging up the hill.

Rhokax's blast hits the first brigand in the chest, and though the sacred fires of Bahamut burn, they do not scorch enough; the cloak burns for a moment, before the rain puts it out. The Eldritch Blast and Firebolt come hard, strong and destructive, but they do not fall themselves. The trio from Greenest stand firm and have the high ground, and have announced in no uncertain terms their intention before those who stand with the Cult of the Dragon, no matter if for faith or coin. "Who's got the horn!? Garrick!? Armand!? Sound the alarm!"

Neither of the other two soldiers, drawing their twisted Amnish scimitar while the other draws a curved shortbow, produce a horn. Nor does their leader, whose blade is altogether more impressive, as is his dagger. "Blast it all, Henrietta has it, don't she!? Aw well, we'll make quick work o' these." They step forward, charging towards the group that has slighted them. "Take'em down!" roars the leader, while the other two follow after, their eyes on the Dragonborn: they haven't seen the Goliath and the Elf yet, given the deluge. The leader slams into Rhokax, attacking with his dagger first that goes wide sliding against his armor, while the scimitar misses and Dagger: 7, Scimitar: 14cuts only rain. At the Dragonborn's shoulder comes one of the two brigands, bearing blade. He counts himself fortunate, the bandit's scimitar, held in two hands, slicing wildly to Attack vs. Rhokax: 5the left of him. The other stands behind his leader and companion, bearing the shortbow, aims at the Dragonborn. Notched and aimed, the arrow flies, hitting Rhokax but bouncing right off of his pauldron, enough to make the Dragonborn wonder if he'll Attack vs. Rhokax: 15have to fix it later. If he's not careful, he'll be surrounded soon, but then, the hidden Elf and Goliath haven't been revealed... yet.

Below, the group has the advantage of surprise still, and kept a careful look out.

The group does not realize what is happening, nor do they hear the sound of battle above them. Puma, in cat form, heads onward, going to get a better look beyond the crates while Sora and Dane wait behind, and the owl gets a look about things. The link to the Elf above is strong, and look, the owl has Dane looking in the right direction while Puma heads onward, towards the cave. The owl's sight is exceptional and the directionality it provides gives Dane all he needs to see. Three cloaked figures make the corner and head towards them, armed with bows and scimitars, moving quicker than allowing for silence but without seeing them. Sora and Dane are hidden well enough, and even moving, Puma is a ghost, a small dark thing in a small, dark, wet place. The owl's sight looks onward, towards the cave. No cave should have any kind of light, and yet, there is something, something that changes every so often, about the way the light reflects off of the cliffside, both wet and dry. Something shines within, appearing every so often.

The area isn't unoccupied, the remaining troops just moved into the caves. And they're not alone. The trio of brigands appear, two women and a Halfling male, looking about, trying to determine if they should have seen something. Poor Puma, not seeing too much in the rain, doesn't realize what he's done to himself, and looks just as they see him: the three bandits. Each face looks confounded, and the Halfling steps forward, scratching his bearded chin with the hand that holds the knife. Not a particularly intelligent move, that. "Poor puss out in the rain, innit? Reckon we oughta take it in? Might be sport for th' lady's beasties." The two woman scoff. "You're cruel, Daughtrin. A cat ain't sport for a drake like that, just a snack. Aside's, 's bad luck t' hurt a thing like that, eh kitty kitty?" One of them, a not unattractive black haired woman with a twist in her nose not unlike a a zigzag, offers Puma a gloved hand. The redhead beside her, swarthy and devil-may-care, looks genuinely affectionate.

Oh, what fools these cultists be.
 
  #17  
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 07:14 PM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 10294
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,021

Rhokax Soulreader
Male Dragonborn (Silver) War Cleric

 




Rhokax knew the risks at this point… the danger was very real of being overwhelmed. At this point, Bahamut saw fit to aid the warrior’s movements and position his shield where it needed to be, and place an armor piece just in the right spot to deflect any damage. But all things would come to an end, and Rhokax knew he had to focus his attention where it counted the most.

The dragonborn saw how the other brigand next to him go hit a little harder than the leader, and Rhokax sought to capitalize on this injury. Twirling the battleaxe in his hand, feinting a blow towards the leader, Rhokax instead slashes upward, and then down on the
Dice Rhokax vs Brig 2:
1d20+4sch12 (8)+4 Total = 12
→ 1d8+2g (2)+2 Total = 4
unsuspecting combatant at his shoulder.

It appeared as though the brigand might just maneuver out of the way, but Rhokax poured all his frustration over his capture into the swing and brought it down a half-second faster, slicing into an exposed bit of flank that drew blood from the hurt brigand. Twirling his battleaxe in his hand, the blood spinning away, slick from the rain he brought it up in a readying position, eyes trained on the brigand engaged with him, hoping his comrades could take advantage of the situation.


OOC
Actions
Move: Staying in place to tie up the cultists.
Standard: Battleaxe vs Brigand 2.
Bonus:



Dice Intelligence Check to recognize brigands:
1d20+1 (4)+1 Total = 5


Rhokax attacks Brigand 2 for 4 damage.
__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!

Last edited by MontageManiac; Jul 6th, 2018 at 07:17 PM.
  #18  
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Aethera's Avatar
Aethera Aethera is offline
Aeth sighting confirmed!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2021
RPXP: 46647
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Posts: 17,616
right-aligned image
Puma
Black Tomcat

 

Such a poor puss out in the rain, indeed! Puma takes in the three bandits with a blink and promptly processes the various options here. As much fun as startling them with a tiger might be, while their attention is on him, his companions have the element of surprise. What's more, they just offered free information about "the lady's beasts", assuming he was naught but what he appeared. More fool they.

With a plaintive meow that eloquently bemoaned his wet fate, the tomcat approached the offered hand hesitantly, sniffing at the gloved fingers before rubbing his cheek against them. There was not much he could smell in the rain, after all, but eliciting attention was easy enough. Poor brigands, they'd likely develop a cat complex after this, but he would wait for someone else to make a move first lest he be left to his own devices. His tiger might be large, but it wasn't going to beat three armed bandits or whatever more reinforcements might appear from the very occupied caves.

He gave the dark-haired woman plenty of time to react to his tentative gesture then made to rub wetly against the next woman's leg, including her in his show of kitty affection. He didn't need to give the halfling much thought, the two women were clearly more interested and that was the sort of thing cats pick up on quickly enough. It would be nice if he could convince them to let him into somewhere dry, but that seemed less likely with the topic of drakes having already been brought up. With less choice, he moved to stand under the friendly redheaded lady and hopefully stay dry for a few moments while his companions chose their move.
  #19  
Old Jul 9th, 2018, 07:18 AM
Maskain's Avatar
Maskain Maskain is offline
It's probably a joke.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 4413
Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain
Posts: 1,402

Bannerless Dane
Male Human Assassin
 


The owl was perched on his shoulder still. A sentry (otherwise known as a spy) for the elf to watch their movements when he'd talk to it later. Like an elf did. Four eyes in a row stared forward at the scene taking place at the mouth of the cave. Dane thought would be amusing to see things develop and seemingly the owl agreed as it's talons dug into his jacket.

Ow, no.. no. That wasn't agreement. Dane turned slightly to see the face of the creature as it stared ahead, though it's vision was a bit off. The direction of it's gaze fell forward, but it seemed to look past the bandits after it had it's ally spot them. Those yellow orbs stared further forward in the cave almost seeking something that Dane hadn't a clue about. An odd creature. Though it gave off a comforting warmth that had the mercenary not sweep it away.

Giving a couple hand signals over to Sora, he tried to tell her to sneak up and sucker punch them. He was too used to dealing with skulker types that had a grip on the hidden tongue though. Maybe she knew it, maybe she'd learn today. Dane didn't change for nobody. Instead, the man just made a knocking gesture and eyed the bandits cooing over the trickster cat. Then he set the barrel of his crossbow against the dirt.

Plans were pretty shot currently since the others were still not there and things would be a mess soon. He clicked back the string with a soft suck in of air, forcing the barrel down with his boot. They would need to be here if he was to have the best shot of finding his way out safely, not that the cat and Sora were bad, but. He lifted his tool and wiped a wet leaf off the front, leveling it at the group. Dane couldn't have anybody mentioning they were there just yet.

A bolt made its way into the chamber as Dane listened in on the conversation between hired bandits. They would be alright people probably. Seemed charming enough. Small halfling probably had a good sense of humor when you grew to it. The one with jet black hair even was a looker...

Woah, woah, woah... hold on now, she was a looker. Battle-scarred and with that bent nose; oh she could probably could take and dish some good swings, fighting was probably how she got it. Straight hair, that voice... Puma went up to her and what was she doing? She began leaning over to pet the cat. He was making them look away from their position so... that damn beautiful bastard.

Sshuk! There was a misfire. Immediately the bolt found itself in the dirt next to his new best friend Puma and the bandit choked on his tongue. Oh what fools indeed.

OOC
 
  #20  
Old Jul 9th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Aethera's Avatar
Aethera Aethera is offline
Aeth sighting confirmed!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2021
RPXP: 46647
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Posts: 17,616
right-aligned image
Puma
Tomcat / Tiger

 

A crossbow bolt landed in the dirt at his side. That was not the move he was hoping for, not by a long shot. The bandits definitely saw it, so the time for surprise was done. Even if they thought it was coincidence, the black cat crossing their path and the arrival of an opposing combatant, it wasn't a sure thing. Cats were familiars often enough that Puma knew his small (wet) body was in jeopardy as soon as the bandits unsheathed those scimitars. Best to beat them to it.

Having prepared his thoughts while playing at kitty attention, he was more than prepared to shift into something big enough to stand up to these three. It was the work of a moment to decide, yes, he wanted to shift; the cat backed up a pace and the eyes changed shape and color, almost luminescent amber even in the dark and the rain. He rose on his hind legs and the front paws kept coming up and up and up... his black fur rippled and seemed to split at the seams, lighter creamy tones filling in the widening gaps and growing more golden as the fur grew in. In all of a few seconds the tiny cat was suddenly big, and orange, and striped. Bigger than any of the bandits, and those upraised claws were no laughing matter. They came down hard on the redhead he'd been closest to, and he could feel the damage done, even if the tiger's vision showed him shades of gray; most of the bandits were already gleaming wetly from the rain, so the blood didn't make a huge difference. The new shape did, however, give him more detail and understanding of the sixty feet around himself, much of which the cat couldn't see due to either being six inches from the ground or unable to see in the dark.

His back was to the cave entrance, now, and he could only hope his allies Dane and Sora would warn him if something there changed, for instance the pet drakes the halfling had mentioned. Depending on how swiftly these three were taken down, there was a chance they might not be heard, but not a very big one. So much for the element of surprise.

Combat!Initiative: 21, delayed to attack on ally's turn
Bonus Action: shift into tiger form
Standard Action: attack the redhead with claws, hits 22 for 7 damage.
  #21  
Old Jul 10th, 2018, 09:55 PM
G in Japan's Avatar
G in Japan G in Japan is offline
R E S P E C T
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 8221
G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan
Posts: 8,726

Sora
Female Air Genasi Monk

 


The appearance of the cultists causes Sora to hold her breath in anticipation. As the seconds drag on while the cultists talk to and about Puma, Sora continues to steady herself. It isn't until Dane takes his shot and Puma suddenly grows into a tiger that she springs into action.

The muddy ground splish-splashes as Sora dashes across the space between where Sora and Dane were hiding and the group of cultists that have gathered around Puma. The staff in Sora's hand is gripped tightly as she closes in on the red-haired cultist that was just mauled by Puma.

"Heads up!" she calls out as she swings the quarterstaff toward the cultist's noggin. While Puma's claws may leave some lasting wounds, Sora is simply trying to render the cultist unconscious.

Maybe she can tell us something about what is inside the cave.

As the quarterstaff strikes true, Sora pulls her staff up in front of herself, holding it out to help ward off any retaliatory strikes from any of the cultists. Hopefully, though, they will consider the tiger the bigger threat.


 
  #22  
Old Jul 10th, 2018, 09:58 PM
benchly's Avatar
benchly benchly is offline
Mind Fillet
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 4114
benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly
Posts: 1,108
Gukan "Clawmarked" Titaniadaoro
The Wandering Goliath

ClassHP/MAXACSPPP
Warlock17/1712309
SSDC SAB L1 L2 L3 L4
12 +4 2/2 2/2 0/0 0/0



Clawmarked frowned. The cultist was still standing, and still hurting scaly ol' Rhokax. Or, trying to, at least. Usually things did not stay standing when the Goliath decided to hit them, especially things that were smaller than he was. The three of them seemed to be swarming the dragonborn, which means they had not spotted him, yet.

The sound of the battle in the rain was a symphony to the Goliath's simple, yet complicated mind. There was a rhythm to it, and if he let himself, he could hear the drums of war beating with each boot in the mud, and every smack of a weapon on armor. It was hypnotic, in a way, and his native blood wanted to get lost in the dance. He resisted the temptation. Lady Titania would expect better of him...smarter of him.

Still, that cultist was still standing. Clawmarked's frown drooped a bit more. Squaring his shoulders in defiance, he gripped his crystal, shrouding the green light with his meaty palm as he extended two fingers again, pointing straight at his chosen target. The energy bolted forth like an ethereal whip, cracking hard on the cultist's side.


 
__________________
--Announcements Go Here--
Tyranny of Dragons - Clawmarked | The Curse of Strahd - Pottinger | Ratcatchers - Gardrim | Yeohven 3049 - Guffred
  #23  
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 01:40 AM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 12710
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,045
Visverax
Male High Elf Wizard
 


His flaming bolt scorched his target but did not bring him down. Visverax grimaced. Perhaps these were tougher foes than the cultists they had defeated in Greenest. The brigands surrounded Rhokax, but the dragonborn was holding his own for the moment. Visverax wondered if he had gone unnoticed. He pondered for a moment, thinking of a way to quickly defeat the mercenaries.

In the back of his head, the link with Even'Dur persisted. The owl saw something in the cave, but with little detail. It saw something else as well. Something extremely disturbing. The cat, rubbing up against the leg of some cultists. Visverax put the pieces together. First the noisy decent down the cliff. Now, befriending the enemy. They had been betrayed! The wizard called back his familiar. He would not risk it being near the vile feline. Even'dur lept into the air, even as Dane launched his bolt, ruining his shot. Even'dur did not look back. It did not see the cat change into a tiger. It did not see the tiger rip the cultist to ribbons. It flew straight for its master.

"Traitorous cat boy..." Visverax muttered. He would deal with Puma personally. A druid was no match for the wizard. Puma would pay dearly for his treachery. But first, the enemies nearby needed neutralized.

Fortunately, Visverax had used his idle time wisely. He had studied and learned a new spell. It was a powerful and destructive spell. the high elf intoned the magic words. A ball of pure flame erupted around one of the cultists, burning him severely. Visverax laughed out loud at the sight of the blazing sphere of fire.

He realized that he may have given away his position. Fortunately, there was a giant idiot standing nearby. Visverax slid in behind Gukan and took cover.

 


Last edited by Huhart; Jul 17th, 2018 at 08:18 AM.
  #24  
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 11:27 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar
Sassafrass Sassafrass is online now
Man・Earth・Sky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 60124
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Posts: 17,767
~Round I~
First blood, and first death, to the defenders from Greenest.

Pointing crystal and fingers at the same Cultist as his last attack, Gukan issues forth another eldritch blast that finds its mark, a shock that sends the fellow billowing backwards, down the hill in a roll. When the roll continues, the ragdoll nature of the departure becomes clear, weaponless, with a head that keeps hitting rock and cut tree trunk on the way down. The cultist is dead, and Clawmarked knows his. Rhokax goes for the other lesser-seeming of the cultists, attempting to identify which mercenary company this group belonged to, but there wasn't much to go off of, and he had no personal experience with this bunch, who seemed like they were from further south of here. Driving his blade into the fellow's shoulder, the brigand did not fall, though the bloodflow certainly changed the color composition of his face. The leader, expecting an easy blow, instead finds a flaming ball before him, and runs into it Save: 7unexpectantly, burning his chest and left arm with a howl that did not rise too far into the squall above. Moving away from the flaming sphere, not wanting to be anywhere near that thing, but without disengaging from Rhokax, instead stepping on the right. Rhokax now has one on his left and his right, and it is not a pleasant feeling.

The leader drives his blade into the Dragonborn's back, behind his pauldron with his dagger, while his scimitar deflects off of the Dagger: 18, 5 piercing damage
Scimitar: 15
Dragonborn's midsection. The other brigand, nearly downed, attempts a similar hit with his scimitar but misses Rhokax, pushed back a slight bit by the scimitar strike from the Attack: 12leader that did not hurt him. "Bring'em down, Garrick! Come on!"

Below, a similar dispensing of fates occurs.

Cats are less pleasant when they are wet, a well-known maxim across Toril. Still, the affection of a cat is altogether not unwanted, and the two women share in that affection, the red-head looking genuinely gleeful at the interest Puma has taken in her. The black haired woman doesn't take offense, but the Halfling seems utterly put off at this business. "Reckon we oughta get back t' Casimir?"

And then suddenly, a Dane with a crossbow to the.... to the nothing.

He misses.

How could he miss?

"Is he with the cat?" asks the black haired woman; her companion pulling away from her and hiding Puma as best she can. "He attacked it! How can he be with it!" Standing, the two women draw their blades, while the Halfling draws his own crossbow, with all attention on the bannerless Dane. "You made a mistake, comin' back here." An odd statement, to be sure, and the two women begin to move when suddenly, there is a flurry of furry movement, and something large, and wet, appears beside the red head.

And then, a flurry of claws.

And then, blood.

Puma, now a tiger, has appeared, and the red-headed woman screams, her blade unprepared for what has appeared. Everyone cries out, the red-headed woman going for the horn at her side, which would give them away. Then, another outlander: Sora, appearing with her quarterstaff, gets the red-head's attention just enough to put the quarterstaff to her head, knocking her listless and to the ground, the horn going side past Puma, toward the entrance. The black-haired woman, scimitar now at the ready, cries out and gets ready to defend herself, but strikes as she can. The excitement prevents that, and her blow goes wide, making it unclear if she was going after Puma or after Sora.

Daughtry, the one whose cruelty might have spelled his salvation, points the crossbow at Dane. "Bloody longshanks. Bloody cats. Bloody bunch of misfits." Pulling the trigger, the bolt catches Dane in the shoulder, drawing his blood. The Halfling gives a wry grin, and a wink.

First blood indeed, but who will draw last?
 

Last edited by Sassafrass; Aug 6th, 2018 at 09:19 AM.
  #25  
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 12:53 PM
Aethera's Avatar
Aethera Aethera is offline
Aeth sighting confirmed!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2021
RPXP: 46647
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Posts: 17,616
right-aligned image
Puma
Tiger

 

Confusion was good for their chances, as far as Puma was concerned. As a tiger he didn't mind the rain as much, a difference that always amused him a little, but the tiger could swim and enjoyed doing so. Rain wasn't ideal, but there was no ingrained "ew" response that made the tiger want to flee to shelter. His claws did enough damage to the redhead that Sora's attack kept her from sounding the alarm, and when the horn slid toward him, he stepped on it, hoping it might break under the tiger's weight. If not, he could fight across it, keeping it under him where the other bandits couldn't reach. With the redhead down, he turned his attention to the black-haired woman who stood beside where the first had been, "protecting" the cat from the crossbow-wielding Dane. Too bad for her.

He lashed out again, this time with large teeth, but his attempt was foiled by her sidestep to try and take in the whole battle, not to mention the leather armor she wore. He would compensate better next time. He stood over the horn, a toothy tiger smile daring either of the two to come and try and get it from him.

Combat!Standard Action: attack the black-haired bandit 5 with bite attack, miss.
  #26  
Old Jul 23rd, 2018, 10:24 PM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 10294
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,021

Rhokax Soulreader
Male Dragonborn (Silver) War Cleric

 



The dragonborn’s glance travelled between the leader of the duo, and the man he’d been dealing blows with at this point, Garrick. He’d been successful thus far at keeping their attention, but he also recognized his luck in avoiding many of the blows, the dagger to his back not being one of them. "Garrick, you’ve fought well this day… I shall grant you a warrior’s death!" With a sudden surge of speed, Rhokax launches himself towards Garrick and
Dice Rhokax vs Garrick:
1d20+4sch12 (2)+4 Total = 6
slices at the man with his battleaxe, the glow of Bahamut’s symbol shining through the pouring rain.

Where the attack may have missed, as Rhokax's footing seemed to slip slightly, the shining light of Bahamut's symbol seemed to lift the battleaxe Channel Divinity: Guided strike, +10 to the attackup to hit his target just under his armor's gaps, digging into
Dice Battleaxe damage:
1d8+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
Garrick's ribs.


OOC
Actions
Move: Staying in place to tie up the cultists.
Standard: Battleaxe vs Brigand 2.
Bonus:



Rhokax attacks Brigand 2, Garrick, using Channel Divinity for guided strike to make sure he hits.


__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!

Last edited by MontageManiac; Jul 23rd, 2018 at 10:28 PM.
  #27  
Old Jul 24th, 2018, 12:27 AM
Maskain's Avatar
Maskain Maskain is offline
It's probably a joke.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 4413
Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain
Posts: 1,402

Bannerless Dane
Male Human Assassin
 


A scowl darkened Dane's face as he looked up to see the bandits attention fastened to him. Though Puma and Sora made quick work of drawing the female bandit's attentions away, the other watched him like a hawk. Little bastard. He couldn't skulk back into the shadows with the pest watching his every movement. And commenting on...!

"Shut your mouth you little - hrk!" A bolt lodged itself in Dane's shoulder as the halfling gave a wink.

Filled with anger, the mercenary jammed his lovely crossbow in the dirt and pulled back on the string once more. His eyes didn't leave the little rat, instead they looked for a prime spot to return his bolt. Copy the shoulder? Try for the eye and call him out for winking? Maybe there? Oh yeah, right there.

Lifting the crossbow back up and loading a new bolt, the similarly scummy man slammed the stock into his shoulder for support. Yep, he was pissed. Pissed and stupid. Dane barely missed the wooden projectile in his shoulder and once more cringed from the pain, this time self inflicted.

"You're in the wrong trade you limp-wristed Banite!" He fired his shot at full attention this time, lodging directly into the hand Daughtry was holding his trigger with. The hand was pushed off the weapon and slammed atop the icon of his faith. A necklace depicting Bane's hand, hovering right over his heart. Truly he could now see his tyrant god. Little bastard.

OOC
 
  #28  
Old Jul 24th, 2018, 01:32 AM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 12710
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,045
Visverax
Male High Elf Wizard
 


The brigands continued to ignore both Visverax and Gukan. Instead they hacked away at their dragonborn companion, Soulreader. "Two against one, eh?" Visverax scoffed, "We'll see about that..."

A white streak appeared flying up from the depths of the cliff, an angry mass of feather and claw. Even'Dur had arrived. The owl menaced the leader of the brigands, temporarily distracting the man from the real threat before flying off to a safe distance. Visverax stepped out from behind the goliath to toss a flaming bolt of energy at the marauder.

But, the wizard was not finished. Grasping at the mystical tendrils which connected him with his flaming construct, Vis directed the sphere to bash into the enemy. A moment later, the brigand was once again enveloped in flames.

 


Last edited by Huhart; Jul 24th, 2018 at 01:34 AM.
  #29  
Old Jul 24th, 2018, 10:08 PM
G in Japan's Avatar
G in Japan G in Japan is offline
R E S P E C T
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 8221
G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan
Posts: 8,726

Sora
Female Air Genasi Monk

 


Bolts fly back and forth between the cultist and Dane as Sora manages to avoid the rather clumsy sword swipe from the black-haired woman. That second shot by Dane was much more effective than his initial attack and, hopefully, it would keep the halfling busy, or at least focused on Dane.

Unfortunately, Puma was not as lucky with the black-haired cultist. No doubt she was being especially careful with the tiger. Sora certainly would be.

Spinning her staff in her hands, moves around the woman until she is on the opposite side from Puma. The staff juts out toward the woman's abdomen but she manages to deflect the weapon with her sword. Sora moves with the weapon as it is knocked aside to follow it up with a roundhouse kick. The woman ducks under Sora's foot and she curses softly in her native tongue.


 
  #30  
Old Aug 2nd, 2018, 07:17 AM
benchly's Avatar
benchly benchly is offline
Mind Fillet
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 5th, 2021
RPXP: 4114
benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly benchly
Posts: 1,108
Gukan "Clawmarked" Titaniadaoro
The Wandering Goliath

ClassHP/MAXACSPPP
Warlock17/1712309
SSDC SAB L1 L2 L3 L4
12 +4 2/2 2/2 0/0 0/0



A grin washed over Clawmarked's face.

The heat of battle felt good in his veins. Clawmarked took a deep breath, feeding his lungs with the air of war. The Goliath in him saught peace where it could be had, but war always loomed, casting any peace in the shadow of the inevitable. This is where the Goliath had made their lives, always knowing that fair weather was only temporary. The Lady's magic had served well, and their foes were now at the disadvantage.

Clawmarked, seemingly still unnoticed from the sidelines, slipped his crystal back into his belt pouch, and grasped his spear, a heritage weapon of his tribe. Scaly ol' Rhokax was fairing well, but could use a hand, and Vis was powerful, but soft. The Goliath reasoned as best he could, but always came back to needing to feel the impact of weapon on armor...or better, weapon on flesh. It was not blood lust, but something just a visceral. Rhokax, a fellow warrior, probably understood, and Clawmarked decided the Dragonman needed a hand.

Spear at the ready, he moved forward with surprising grace for a person of size, bringing the point around in a wide arc and thrusting forward to stab at the brigand Rhokax seemed to be ignoring. The Dragonman moved with ferocity at his target, and Clawmarked found himself driving the point of his spear into the armor of the other. It was a feast of grim satisfaction.




 
__________________
--Announcements Go Here--
Tyranny of Dragons - Clawmarked | The Curse of Strahd - Pottinger | Ratcatchers - Gardrim | Yeohven 3049 - Guffred

Last edited by benchly; Aug 2nd, 2018 at 07:18 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB