Mechanics 100 Themes Challenge - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > The Library > Writing Prompts and Critiques
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Aeth sighting confirmed!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46647
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
100 Themes Challenge

~100 Themes Challenge~

Perhaps you've seen this before, perhaps not. But since it's come to my attention that most of us here like to write, I thought it was about time we added some more to our writing area. I saw this first on the deviantART site, which is where I post some of my writing (anything that's not game-related and a fair bit that is).

This is exactly what it sounds like: a hundred writing prompts to get you thinking and writing. I'd like to recommend that anyone who wants to try this start your own thread with your name (e.g. "Aethera's 100 Themes") so you can keep track of all of them. You don't have to work through them in order, do whatever works for you.

Posting Guidelines
  • Any written content is fine, poetry or prose, provided that all content follows the site's rules.
  • Please respect each others' writing. This includes not flaming/trolling, telling someone they did it "wrong", etc. Artistic license belongs to the creator.
  • Post your own thread with a repeat of this list for you to work on, and don't post in someone else's thread unless they say you may.
  • If you want comments, please say so. I would recommend doing so in each post, or at the top of your thread so people can see it easily.
  • Critique must be constructive. It is not okay to say a post was bad. It is fine to say a sentence ran on and you lost the story for a bit.
  • Plagarism is a crime. I recommend citing anything not created by you (such as a story set in someone else's game world).

Offering FeedbackIf a writer indicates that he/she would like to get feedback on their writing, please try to keep a few things in mind.
  • These are spur of the moment pieces. Don't expect Shakespeare.
  • The point of feedback is to help the author improve.
  • We all have different opinions of what is good or bad. Try to offer thoughts on where the story didn't work for you (got confused, got stuck, etc), rather than saying the story is bad.
  • Poetry and certain genres draw a certain audience. You don't need to be a fan to comment, but it never hurts to say "I don't know much about poetry/horror/romance, but..." Advice from those who aren't addicted to your genre is good, because it points out the weaknesses in your writing where fans might just make assumptions.
  • If you can't say anything nice, it is better to not say anything at all.

Last edited by Aethera; Oct 22nd, 2014 at 05:00 PM.
Closed Thread