Minor artifact bag of holding planar travel - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Gaming Advice > DM Screen > Houserules and Custom Options
twitter facebook
0 4 8 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 09-06-2016, 11:28 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Burtondm
Minor artifact bag of holding planar travel

So i've recently just started gaming again with a group of friends and have found myself, once again, in the dm's chair
We are playing 3.5 edition d&d in the forgotten realms setting. Currently i am playing them through "Cormyr, the tearing of the weave" in which priests of sharr are disguised as priests of mystra and try dominating the party with a minor artifact called the "Starry Gnosis" a black orb that can dominate people when a key phrase is spoken. The group paladin managed to get it into his bag of holding and thats where it seems to have been forgotten by them. In the next part of their adventure they are basically gonna have to travel to the shadow plane to continue to search for closure on this mission. I was just wondering what your guys' thoughts are on how being on the shadow plane will affect an item like this if its in a bag of holding. I was thinking almost making it into a sort of beacon that calls baddies to come search it out, but am not sure 100% on how bags of holding might prevent that. Since nothing is covered in terms of the party even keeping the item with them in the book i just made this account on here in hopes of another perspective and maybe some good insight
Old 09-07-2016, 12:49 AM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36045
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Welcome to the site. I hope you find us interesting enough to want to game on here, in addition to asking for advice.

To answer your question I offer a question. As it's your campaign, have you considered just reminding the party of the artifact's existence and tell them they can just pull it out of the bag?

If you don't feel like using the shadow plane for part of the game, don't use it.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:55 AM
Certified Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1451
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf
You can play it in whichever way that suits you. If they challenge you, remind them that a Minor Artifact trumps a non-artifact wondrous item. Essentially, the power of the orb seeps through the dimensional fabric of the bag just because it's more awesome.