Old 04-15-2019, 04:21 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 87
Mightypen2017
Hi all...

Hi folks:

I'm a former rpg nut who has come back to the fold with Pathfinder. Thought I'm very much a noob with that game, I have some fond memories of the "red box" D&D from WAY back in the day! (Gads, I feel old!)

Anxious to join a play-by-post adventure, and I hope I don't trip over too much of the furniture my first time!

*waves*

MP
Old 04-15-2019, 04:29 PM
Say what now?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Welcome to the party MP

You will find no shortage of pf games here as its one of the big dogs right behind DnD5e. That anxiety will gradually diminish as you get your feet wet in this wonderful land of pbp

I would highly recommend RPGX's New Player Solo Game where you can play a one-on-one module with a volunteer DM for a system of your choosing to get use to how the games work here on the site as well as how to properly play.

Also don't worry about the furniture, its all just cardboard Don't tell anyone anyways

To help supplement diminishing that anxiety here are some reference threads I highly recommend checking out and saving since you'll be using what they have to offer a lot throughout your time here:
references
References

Happy adventuring!~
Old 04-15-2019, 06:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14205
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

I'll have to go and warn MightySword2017 that his arch rival has found him at last!

You'll have no problem finding Pathfinder games around these parts. It's a solid second place behind D&D5 and isn't losing any steam any time soon.

Speaking of any time soon, have you seen any of the Pathfinder 2 play test material? I've heard good things about it, but must admit I haven't read any of it myself.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 04-15-2019, 07:56 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56461
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

Another PFer! Huzzah! Always good to get more, PF is my game of choice too.

Hope you have fun, and have a great time gaming!
Old 04-15-2019, 08:14 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Mightypen2017
Thanks for the basic info, Retry! I've already seen a game that looks like fun to apply to, but I might do a solo game first. Didn't even know that was possible!

@Imveros: Heh, yeah, I once thought of using "Pen Is Mightier," but I figured no matter how careful I was, somebody was bound to read it too fast and make something filthy out of that.

@dirk: Good to see such a strong interest in PF. Hope to do a lot of gaming here. Not a lot of local gamers near me!

Last edited by Mightypen2017; 04-15-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:52 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18694
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Mightypen2017,

Welcome over here and I am sure you will be in a Game soon ;-). Do you have a character in mind yet you want to try out? Race or class?
Old 04-16-2019, 09:16 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Mightypen2017
Hi chocoladevla:

Yes, I have several ideas for characters, mostly ranger, summoner, and maybe paladin, but after reading the materials that Retry linked to above, I'm now a little paranoid about having an idea before I have a game to play! I don't wanna be some noob who shoehorns his pre-designed character concept into an advertisement.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:35 AM
Say what now?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightypen2017 View Post
I'm now a little paranoid about having an idea before I have a game to play! I don't wanna be some noob who shoehorns his pre-designed character concept into an advertisement.
Don't be paranoid, unless you actively mention it folks won't know this character has been sitting around in your mind waiting to shine

I just recommend that you make sure if you do decide to go with a pre-design that they are open/fluid enough to fit the world you are applying to instead of the other way around.

Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy the creative process and adventures that lie ahead