Notices

Old 04-16-2019, 10:24 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
WolfCorann
Hello

-Waves frantically "Well hello everyone!" I am looking forward to checking this out. I have role play experience though not DnD oriented just overall story writing. Anyway look forward to seeing this grand new horizon.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:57 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56461
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

glad you joined us. And waved. Been a while since we've seen such an excited wave.

This is a great place to get story writing experience! Hope you have fun!
Old 04-17-2019, 12:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14205
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

We love new writers! Feel free to check out the library tab where we house our creative writing wing. There you'll find both writing prompts and a writing school for our more tenured members.

Since you're here, you may as well try your hand at RPGS as well! We have just the thing for people just dipping their toes in called the new player solo game! You'll select your system and be assigned your own private GM Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. I can't recommend them to you highly enough.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 04-17-2019, 12:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 616
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
The others covered everything well, but wanted to welcome you aboard!

Try a solo adventure. I hear they’re good for learning if you’re new to systems, too.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:18 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18694
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning WolfCorann,

- I admit, Googled your username to learn if your username was referring to any famous wolf but could not find anything except a Twitter account and some references to a WoW-game ;-). So I assume I am not missing a famous wolf reference? -

Welcome over here and what roleplay experience do you have? Do you know what mechanics or system of roleplay you want to use over here and/or do you have a character in mind yet??/
Old 04-17-2019, 07:15 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
WolfCorann
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have some D&D experience for 5e just not in this style of play by post I actually DM/GM for a small group of two other people. I may look into the solo adventure still though. I do have an idea of what i want to play.. its just getting a character sheet set up and a game started with it.

@chocoladevla There is actually something special to the name but its a secret -laughs. Just kidding Corann is Gaelic for druid. So the break down is Wolf Druid in honor of an ooooold character of mine.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:21 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
WolfCorann
Oh and to answer the other questions. -bonks forehead. Silly me forgot. Rp experiences. Like I said. I have played D&D 5e both as a DM and a player... though rarely a player, and looking to maybe do that here. My other part is like old Myspace fantasy writing with other people or now what has migrated to an RP site mirrored after myspace. All writing no dice rolls or stuff.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:40 AM
Say what now?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Welcome to the party WolfCorann

You'll find plenty of 5e games here if you haven't already wandered over to the games seeking player board to see first hand. The solo game (NPSG) is primarily a way to get new folks use to how the RPGX forums work with the coding and what is to be expected when applying to games and what not. It is by no means required but often heavily recommended.

Other than that if you want to jump in (as a player) right away you can check out the continuous recruitment games or apply to a normal game.

To help you get acclimated a bit faster here are some really helpful reference threads that I like giving new folk:
references
References

Happy adventuring!~
Old 04-17-2019, 10:10 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
WolfCorann
I take it normal game application is just the D&D 5e link in the games column and just try and find a game in that or is there an actual forum just for seeking players?
Old 04-17-2019, 10:46 AM
Say what now?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Correct, any game you see in the Games Seeking Players will list what system its using in its name.

example: [D&D-5e] Curse of Strahd
[Pathfinder] Remember us in Song
etc.

Just click into that thread, check if its what you'd like to play, and follow the guidelines for applying that the DMs often lays out in their advertisement post. DMs will (often) tell those viewing the app what they are looking for, how many will get in, and when the deadline is (if any).
The Wandering Bard and BAD-ASS application links I provided earlier are great for forming good applications for games.