Notices

Old 04-17-2019, 02:35 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Dnarris
Looking for adventure....

Hi there, folks!

I just wanted to say hello and say I'm very happy to find a site that has a large gathering of like minded people to do what we love to do.

I'm an avid RPG player and really enjoy writing and character development. I really enjoy living world games (So, if you have an active one, please hit me up about it!)

I'm pretty familiar with the D&D 3.5 and World of Darkness systems, but I've recently starting using GURPS and Pathfinder. I'm most interested in the latter two. I love playing in games of all settings and genres for the most part. I also prefer roleplaying being greater than mechanics. I'm a very flexible player and willing to work with you in your game world.

Anyhow, I've rambled a bit. Thank you! I hope to hear from some of you.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:08 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18694
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Dnarris,

Not sure what you mean by 'living world' games? Is that a mechanism or a setting? There is an active Pathfinder fandom over here and there are even Games recruiting, do you have a favorite race and/or class you want to roleplay in mind yet? Haven't seen a GURPS game in a while though (please someone correct me if I am wrong) but there might be 3.5 and WoD games out there? (not sure, I only play 5E nowadays)

Anyway, most important is to welcome you over here and please note: rambling is higly appreciated over here
Old 04-17-2019, 08:44 AM
Say what now?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Welcome to the party Dnarris

You'll find no shortage of PF games here and there is still a good sum of 3.5e games popping up from time to time. WoD will appear every so often and same with GURPS, i believe I saw an active ad the other day for it but my memory might just be betraying me.

If you don't have any pbp experience I'd recommend signing up for the New Player Solo Game, you can pick your own They don't have WoD or GURPS, but they do have 3.5 and PFsystem to run a module with a volunteer DM who will show you the ins and outs of RPGX's pbp format.

Other than that here are some helpful threads to help you get acclimated faster to the boards:
references
References

Happy adventuring!~
Old 04-17-2019, 09:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14205
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

I second the call for the new player solo game! I can't recommend them to you highly enough!

We're a lot more than just PbP though! We have advise sections for both players and GMs. We have more forum games than you can shake a stick at. We even have a dedicated creative writing wing called the library!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 04-17-2019, 11:36 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Dnarris
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
Goodmorning Dnarris,

Not sure what you mean by 'living world' games? Is that a mechanism or a setting?
Hi there. Thanks for the welcome .

There's no particular character class that I enjoy more than another. I do, however, enjoy playing companion type characters, side kicks, comic relief types things like that. Character that do better with a partner rather than on their own.

A living world game is a sandbox type game where there are dozens of players (or more) all on simultaneous running story arcs. A game where you aren't set on one adventure, but can get anywhere and do almost anything you want. They're really great fun.

I will look into the new player solo game. Thank you very much for the suggestion!
Old 04-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6695
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnarris View Post
I've recently starting using GURPS [...].
My ears are burning. I technically just closed recruiting for my Gurps game - but if it's something that would interest you and you have an appropriate idea drop me a Pm anytime.

At this point we could drop you into either of the groups, depending on what kind of character concept you'd land on. So don't feel restricted in either direction.

There is a description of group one here, and of group two here - in case you are interested in that.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:57 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56461
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Glad you joined us. You will find a lot of interest in all the systems you mentioned (I am a pathfinder fan, for sure). Flexibility is a good thing.

Happy gaming!
Old 04-17-2019, 11:28 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Dnarris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
My ears are burning. I technically just closed recruiting for my Gurps game - but if it's something that would interest you and you have an appropriate idea drop me a Pm anytime.

At this point we could drop you into either of the groups, depending on what kind of character concept you'd land on. So don't feel restricted in either direction.

There is a description of group one here, and of group two here - in case you are interested in that.
I'll check it out! Thanks!