Notices

Old 04-17-2019, 01:56 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 126
Elanir Elanir
Hello fellow RPG players!

Hello to all members of the community! I am new to RPG Crossing and PBP in general. It has been many years since I have played pen and paper RPGs (Dragonlance and a homebrew fantasy setting - DnD 3rd/3,5 Edition), which I thoroughly enjoyed. Since I have been missing the thrill of a good story and most importantly good roleplaying, I thought to give this community a try. I have ordered the core 5th Edition DnD and the L5R books in order to get up-to-date with the rules/classes etc. I am looking forward to meeting you in exciting campaigns!
Old 04-17-2019, 03:13 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18694
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Elanir,

- I think this is an Elven name you have chosen as your username? -

Have you been playing the pen and paper RPG with friends and/or family? And was it long ago? Really awesome you ordered the 5th edition rulebook!!!! There is a very active 5E community over here and lots of Games recruiting and guess what, we even have Games that will accept everyone showing interest (at the top of the 'Games looking for players'-section). Not sure what L5R-books are referring to though...

New to PbP you mentioned, please check out the New Player Solo GameNPSG adventures we offer over here (link is in my signature), you can sign up and you will be invited to a short and sweet adventure guided by a personal DM who will answer all the questions you have and help you with rolling the dice, the layout of a post, character making if needed and so much more. I can really recommend it.

Anyway, welcome over here and hope you have fun
Old 04-17-2019, 05:33 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Elanir Elanir
Hello Chocoladevla and thank you for your kind words!

Elanir Lanthaloran was indeed a Silvanesti (Dragonlance high elf) character of mine. I played pen and paper RPG with friends as a student, some 15 to 20 years ago! (yes, I do sound really old, I know...)

I was disappointed with the D&D 4th Edition (not that I had anyone to play with), though the 5th Edition looks pretty nice. The books are to arrive tomorrow, so I have some reading ahead of me.

L5R stands for Legend of the Five Rings, a very promising eastern setting, which has caught my attention.

I think I will give the single player adventure a try, thank your for suggesting it.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:25 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
WolfCorann
Hello and welcome Elanir from a fellow new person. -Chuckles nervously. All new to me. 5E has a lot of interesting things to it.. especially with all the extra books. Like Swordcoast adventures and Ebberon, and Xanathars guide to Everything. Anyway Hope you have fun, and maybe will see you in an adventure on that open Horizon we call the future.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:51 AM
Say what now?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Welcome to the party Elanir

I'm going to second Choc's suggestion of the NPSG since its primary purpose is not to Although it does a good job of doing that.teach the system as its more so to get you, the player, use to the bb code and formatting that is to be expected here in pbp.

I'm glad to see another 5e player emerging, its the big dog here so you'll find no shortage of those games to apply to
I believe I've seen some L5R here and there or at least interest checks on it. Never looked too deeply into it.

Getting the PHB for 5e was a good call, they offer the basic rules for free from the WotC website, but the PHB offers so much more. I'm sure you won't be disappointed

Also to help you along while you're enjoying the NPSG here are some handy reference links that greatly assisted me when I started as in brand new to pbp and dnd5efirst started 5 months ago

references
References

Happy adventuring!~
Old 04-17-2019, 09:42 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Elanir Elanir
Thank you for your kind words WolfCorann, I do believe that DnD 5E will prove interesting. We are bound to meet in one of the campaigns sooner or later, looking forward to it!
Old 04-17-2019, 09:45 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Elanir Elanir
It‘s always nice to be a member of a team, Retry. I am certainly going to play the NPSG for I have much to learn, I am only waiting to get my hands on the 5E corebooks. I have to have a character after all. Thank you for the references, they will surely prove very useful. See you around!
Old 04-17-2019, 09:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14205
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Ah always nice to see another honorable samurai joining our spring court. A collection of honorable individuals have gathered here to better serve the Emperor!

Do you have any good stories to share from your service to the Emerald Empire?

I'll also add my weight to the calls for the new player solo game. I can't suggest then to you highly enough!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 04-17-2019, 11:36 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Elanir Elanir
@Imveros This game seems really very interesting! I would love to apply, am waiting a bit though to gather experience and read the basics.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:59 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56461
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

Glad you joined us here on our little boards. Hope you find it as much fun as I have.

Happy gaming!
Old 04-18-2019, 01:47 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Elanir Elanir
@Admin Dirk Thank you very much, I am sure to have a nice time!
Old 04-18-2019, 02:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 616
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Welcome aboard!

Although I am gradually being drawn into 5th Ed games after avoiding for years, never fear! There’s something for everyone. I mostly enjoy Pathfinder and D&D 3.5e, and we have lots of those campaigns on the site.

Most importantly, the vast majority of GMs are very patient with newcomers to whatever rules they’re using, so don’t be afraid to inquire if you see a game which interests you. Have fun!