Notices

Old 04-16-2019, 12:45 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
CadeStyle
Hey everybody!

Iím a new guy here! I literally heard about this site when I was searching around for a forum that does play by post games maybe an hour from this post, so I havenít had much of a chance to peruse everything here, but what I have seen has made me optimistic! Hereís hoping Iíve found a new place full of like minded people, because Iíve been in a serious RPG drought recently and itís been rough.

Iíve been an avid D&D player since I was 12, though I havenít had any desire to move beyond 3.5 after I dropped waaaaaaay too much money on rulebooks years ago. Iíve also been a frequent player of White Wolf games, primarily Vampire, and Iíve been designing an elaborate Star Wars campaign for over ten years that has evolved into a hybrid of Saga Edition and my personal homebrew rules.

I play tons of RPG video games too, but Iíve mainly been playing World of Warcraft since I first got into it last year, and stupid adult work life has made it difficult to find time for much more.

Anyhow, I canít think of much else to say, so Iíll leave it at that.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14205
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

You'll still find a dedicated following for 3.5 though most people have made the jump to it's cousin, Pathfinder. They are quite similar and it gets bonus points for 99% of it being freely available online!

Have you ever done PbP before? If not, or you're just a little rusty, try our new player solo game! You'll select your system and be assigned your own private GM Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. I can't recommend them to you highly enough!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 04-16-2019, 03:08 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
CadeStyle
Thanks! Good to know!

Iíve done play by post a couple times in the past, both times using 3.5 and with the same GM, and both times she got too into setting the atmosphere in the first couple scenes that everything got bogged down in details and everyone drifted away. And maybe a year ago I signed up on another site to try and get people to play my Star Wars campaign, but I made the mistake of not having all the rules ironed out and nothing came of it.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:38 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56461
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

glad you joined us, hope you have a great time here... 3.5 is still popular, and there's tons of SW fans, as well as Vampire: TG among others.

Hope you have a blast!
Old 04-17-2019, 03:23 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18694
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning CadeStyle

- another username I am intrigued about, does it mean anything or refer to something important to you? -

Cool to read that you have been roleplaying since you were 12! Impressive. Was it with family or friends? And do you still remember your first character ever made? Are you going to try and get into a 3.5 game over here or do you want to check out the Solo games first? (link is in my signature but it is linking only to the 5E section, please click the parent folder to see all the systems/mechanics we offer as a New Player Solo GameNPSG/Solo adventure.
Anyway, welcome over here and please feel free to ask questions if you have any
Old 04-17-2019, 08:34 AM
Say what now?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Welcome to the party CadeStyle

Since you have pbp and rpg exp I won't do my usual pitches for NPSG and what not but I will still provide the reference links that are quiet helpful for getting acclimated to RPGX's forums!:

references
References

Happy adventuring!~
Old 04-19-2019, 10:52 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
CadeStyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
Goodmorning CadeStyle

- another username I am intrigued about, does it mean anything or refer to something important to you? -

Cool to read that you have been roleplaying since you were 12! Impressive. Was it with family or friends? And do you still remember your first character ever made? Are you going to try and get into a 3.5 game over here or do you want to check out the Solo games first? (link is in my signature but it is linking only to the 5E section, please click the parent folder to see all the systems/mechanics we offer as a New Player Solo GameNPSG/Solo adventure.
Anyway, welcome over here and please feel free to ask questions if you have any
Thanks for the welcome! And yeah, the name is something Iíve had for a while, and is a callback to a chat-based Vampire game I played ages ago. Itís mostly just a stupid inside joke referencing something only I remember, since Iím not in contact with any of the people I played that game with. FYI, I am in no way affiliated with the womenís clothing store that also uses the moniker. But I had it first!

My brother was really into D&D back when I was a kid, using old AD&D books from the time. My first character was a dwarf in some ridiculous game where my brother immediately pitted me against some Native American god from the Deities and Demigods book. I god stuck halfway in a frozen pond and was trying to reload my crossbow when some demigod just shows up and saves me. Not sure where it went after that, we just kinda forgot that whole thing happened.

Iíd definitely be down for getting into a 3.5 game, or really any game. My current job has tons of downtime, so any distraction I can get helps. I havenít taken too close a look at whatís going on in the games section, but I will! And, if anyone ever shows any interest, I wouldnít mind giving my Star Wars campaign another shot. Iím much more prepared now than I was when I first pitched it, so I think it would go better. Not now though, still working at it.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:54 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
CadeStyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
Welcome to the party CadeStyle

Since you have pbp and rpg exp I won't do my usual pitches for NPSG and what not but I will still provide the reference links that are quiet helpful for getting acclimated to RPGX's forums!:

references
References

Happy adventuring!~
Thanks for the welcome! Iíll be sure to give those a good look!