Information Ask Questions Here - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > USD: United States of Desolation > The OOC Thread
twitter facebook
0 7 4 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 06-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27951
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Tank? C4? Go around the back? Think of what is available now, including places you could not get into (Government, military, Bubba Joe's House) before that are now empty.

Many vehicles are likely still usable...for how long? Who knows.

DiG
Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1814
RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor
If it is really tough to get into, but isn't obnoxiously thick (ie this would work on a safe, or a small vault, but not a 2 foot thick steel vault door), you can always use det-cord. It has a low craft(explosive) check to create it, and it will let you blow right through hinges, or make small halls in something to deactivate a locking mechanism.

It would be kinda like the "sticky" from the pilot episode of Firefly.
Please refrain from awarding me RPXP for all OOC activities. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16937
Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree
So, we now know how much parts weigh due to Rune, but what about things such as batteries?

-GT
Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Things like batteries, penlights, medications, etc have a zero weight as long as you aren't carrying 100 of them. Batteries are a pain, since they are one size fits all..1 battery can power a small penlight or start a car.

Remember to roll a d20 when you use a battery item. On a 1 the battery is dead.

DiG
Old 06-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Remember to update the info in your top Spoiler tag with current amounts of ammo, food, water, ETC.

You always consume AT LEAST 1 unit of food and 1 unit of water a day, MIN. but you may have more.

Thanks.

DiG
Old 06-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor RuneColnor
Wait you mean all those batteries I have are car batteries? Man, I must be like the next Arnold.

On a completely unrelated note - now we know we can scavenge cars if our flashlights run out.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Hey that is NOT my rule...if there was a better way.... We already have so much to track, would you REALLY want to record AAA Batteries, AA, C, D, 9V...etc?

LOL.. scavenge cars or almost anything else. maybe we should allow a car headlight and a battery to be a flashlight?

DiG
Old 06-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
If you had a tube and some duct tape - you could probably pull that off
Old 06-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11442
Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling
Here's a book keeping question; how much food & water do we consume on a daily basis? Is it three food units and one water unit per day, or is 'one food unit' assumed to be enough to last us for a day? I just wanted some clarification is all.
"What'd I learn from my own kind? Spells, swordplay, and a disdain for the law and its keepers. From the humans? Alcoholism, how to pick a lock, and ways to use the common tongue to incite men into leaping upon my blade. It's been an exciting decade for me."
~Morrigan, the Witch of Blades
Old 06-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Not saying this is what DiG will rule, but I think the Apoc book has rules for how much you eat. I think an MRE feeds one person for 2 days, a can of food is one person for one day, dried food is 2/person per day...I could be wrong about dried food tho.

And MRE is like 3000+ calories. So that is definitely good for at least one day. Of course...you may need some x-lax afterwards if you get the cheesy mac.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Rune is correct. I think I posted somewhere that (1) food is one day as is water. The water part seems real enough (1) Water should = 1/2 Gallon. The food thing is silly. Try living off a can of peaches.

However that is what we are using...exception is that (1) Food is (1) day to keep it simple. Feel free to eat more. If I had been smart I would have added some kind of fatigue for the min food, maybe a temporary loss of CON?

Right now I have all I can keep up with.

DiG
Old 06-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29683
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Each water unit weighs 4 pounds, right?

Also, DiG, I suppose we should probably set a weight limit for the milk crate. Otherwise it's quickly going to become a milk crate of holding!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytterbium View Post
Each water unit weighs 4 pounds, right?

Also, DiG, I suppose we should probably set a weight limit for the milk crate. Otherwise it's quickly going to become a milk crate of holding!

Yes. 1 gal = 8 LBS

Milk create...Hummm. I gave someone a medium suitcase @ 30 Lbs. So lets say 20 Lbs for the create? Umm would they hold 4 gallon milk jugs? Humm if so I guess 32 Lbs would be better.

Crap now I need to find a milk create.

EDIT: OK, The Create weighs 3 lbs. and will hold 32 Lbs.

DiG

Last edited by Digorig; 06-08-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 238
Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18
Okay, totally forgot what folder we use to say that if we can't post for a day for a reason (RL Gaming session tonight and some of tomorrow) so I can't really make a worthwhile post tonight but tomorrow night, late that night but tomorrow for sure.

Sorry Dig!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Here is fine..Have a good time!

DiG