DnD5e Cold Case Crew – Season One: Tumbleweeds - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 10th, 2021, 11:54 AM
Let's Be Strange

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4489
Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec
Congrats to those who made it! Have fun crackin' those cases!
Old Feb 10th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5379
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
Oops too many tabs open!
Dad is battling bone cancer. I plan to try and keep regular posting as much as possible but expect hiccups. I'm sure things will come up and stuff will need to get done and my physical and mental energy will ebb and flow.

Last edited by Anael; Feb 10th, 2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old Feb 11th, 2021, 01:58 AM
running in the shadows

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 159
DalamarDarkness DalamarDarkness
Have fun folks!
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 09:58 PM
Eternally Snacking Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2623
NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese
Do you like true crime and podcasts?
Ever wondered what it would be like to combine that with 5E?
Don't have time to come up with a new character but want to come hang out with the most fun crew that ever did crew?

...then boy oh boy, do I have an opportunity for you!

Announcing: CALLING ALL CADES!

right-aligned image

Unfortunately, a dear member of our party has had to bow out for personal reasons. We're all super bummed about it, for sure. We need a fourth character to round out the party, but due to storyline complications, adding in a new PC wouldn't be a great first option at this point. This is why we're having an open casting call for the role of Cade, the Cold Case Crew's host, bard of all bards, fella with the good hair, Benny's BFF, and all-around funny guy destined for fame and fortune.

I know it can be odd to take on a character designed by someone else, I've done it. BUT it can be a great opportunity for the right person to join the crew at just the right time. They haven't quite gotten in to D&D land yet, so you'd be joining right as the party is getting started.

What we're looking for: someone to take on the character as it is now. You'd be entering as a level 1 bard.

About Cade: Cade is the host of Cold Case Crew. He's funny, fun-loving, and in to the project for the potential of becoming famous. He's always leaving his headshots around or handing them out, in hopes that just the right person will find it and give him the role of a lifetime. The group recently met Wink, a goblin, who Cade is *convinced* is actually an actor on a movie set and this is his big break.

You can view the character sheet here, and their post in the character thread here.

About Cold Case Crew: This game is light-hearted murder mystery with spelunking and adventuring abound. Cold Case Crew tells the story of four recent college graduates who have started a podcast together. They're researching a decade-old missing person case in New Mexico.

I encourage you to read up on the game, if you're not familiar. You can find it all here.

About me, your DM: I've been playing tabletop 5e for a couple of years, and joined RPGx last fall. I like to keep this game lighthearted, fun, funny, and story-driven. The rule of cool is the law of the land in this game.

Application format: Please include the following:
1.) An RP sample, as Cade O'Connor. It can either be before or during the adventure, totally up to you.
2.) Your 5e and RPGx experience.
3.) If Cade finally got famous and was to go on a talk show, what would his walk-on song be?

Posting rate: Right now our average has been 1-2 times per week.

Deadline: Saturday, May 1, 5pm EST - The group will review and pick someone shortly after that date.

PlayerApp Status
Master of Monsters Placeholder
Corwin Complete

Last edited by NightCheese; Apr 27th, 2021 at 08:27 AM.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 09:00 AM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4829
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Color me interested. I've have read some of the game months ago, when I was looking to add PP to my group. I'll get an app up either tonight or tomorrow!

So first thing is first; I would like to thank Nightcheese and the members of the Cold Case Crew for giving me a the opportunity to apply for Cade. Most of all I would like to thank Anael for making such an amazing character. My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.

Second, I would like to make it know that should Anael return at any time from this point on, and I was given the honor to take over Cade, I would happily relinquish Cade back to Anael. This is with or without an offer to have another member join Triple C. If given the place I am only a caretaker and I hope to do Cade justice.

So without any further Ado, I present to you Cade, as seen by Master of Monsters!

1) RP Sample

2) 5e and RPGX experience
Well, I have about four or five months experience with 5e. However, I am DMing 3 games in 5e here on RPGX, and I am getting up to speed very quickly, I'd say. As for RPGX, I would like to think that there is only a couple people that have been here longer than I have. I joined the site in the first year it existed. While I did take a break for a few years, I would not expect that to be a problem again any time soon. In general I have been playing dnd and other table top games since I was about 5 years old in a on and off basis.

3) Cade's Walk-On Song

So when reading cade I got three personality types that shone through:

Jock/sport type: so I was thinking Jock Jams(linked so you know what I meant, not my selection{
Playboy: Your welcome from Moana(they girls are welcome he is there....)

Buuuut what shines through the best is...

a desire to be famous at any cost! Thus my song will be: Rockstar by Nickelback
Stop on by for a Fireside Tale

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Apr 27th, 2021 at 11:12 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 11:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1918
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
I'll toss my hat in

1) RP Sample

2) 5e and RPGX experience
I've played and Dmed D&D on and off since forever (almost all Forgotten Realms content), had been out of it for a while before I joined RPGX January before last. I've completed four 5e one-shots here, currently active as a player in five games and DMing in two.

3) Cade's Walk-On Song
The Legend of Lee Marvin

Last edited by Corwin; Apr 26th, 2021 at 11:08 PM.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 08:27 AM
Eternally Snacking Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2623
NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese
Thanks for the interest so far!
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 10:47 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4829
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
updated my application!
Stop on by for a Fireside Tale

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Apr 27th, 2021 at 10:47 PM.