DnD5e Oops, All Barbarians! (Curse of Strad) - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 27th, 2021, 05:37 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 352
Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyranntX View Post
I look forward to it
I've just put it up, hopefully it's all up to snuff.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 05:41 PM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 190
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevaliers View Post
I've just put it up, hopefully it's all up to snuff.
Approved, Welcome to the game
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1208
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application
Name: Athos of the Vengeheart
Race: Leonin
Class: Barbarian
Subclass: Beast (Sabertooth)
Background: Soldier

Old Apr 27th, 2021, 06:12 PM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
Application
Name: Athos of the Vengeheart
Race: Leonin
Class: Barbarian
Subclass: Beast (Sabertooth)
Background: Soldier

The beast path has already been taken, all that's left is the Battlranger (you can keep your race the same though)
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 06:34 PM
A Potato

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 596
thelogicalghost thelogicalghost thelogicalghost thelogicalghost thelogicalghost thelogicalghost
I'm not going to app for this game (it's not my thing) but I DEARLY want to know everything that happens. If this was a youtube series please imagining me punching the subscribe button so hard it would break if it were a physical button.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 06:38 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10660
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Work in Progress

Guinevere
right-aligned image
Art by Jee Wook Choi

Name: Guinevere
Race: Tuatha Dé Danann (fey race created using custom lineage)
Class: Storm Herald Barbarian 2/ Archfey Warlock 1
Description: Guinevere possesses a wild, untamed beauty that is at once both enchanting and terrifying. Flame-kissed auburn locks frame her face in cascading waves. The ivory skin of her high cheekbones just barely manages to peek out from behind smudges of dirt and dried blood. Her cold, grey eyes are the color of steel and pierce as sharply as any arrow, but her playful mischievous grin draws others instinctively to her.
Character Concept: Guinevere is the warrior princess of the fey tribes that inhabited the lands long before the humans staked their claim. As part of the truce between their peoples, Guinevere was sent to be raised in the court of human king. She is a fierce and headstrong young woman who balks at being told what to do, and yet she takes the responsibility seriously and will do nothing to jeopardize the fragile truce that protects her people.
Backstory: Long age, before Uther Pendragon united the tribes of Britannia and quelled the Saxon uprisings, before even the Southern Emperor’s conquest installed his puppet kings to pay him tribute, before even the iron-wielding Britons for whom the land would come to be known, the isle of Albion was wild place, a place of mystery and magick, inhabited by creatures wondrous and strange, and home of the fair folk. Despite their magicks, these fair folk found themselves unable to keep up with the technologies nor the persistence of the waves of invaders that relentlessly assaulted their isle. Inch by inch, they found themselves pressed back into the wild spaces, while the invaders claimed the best lands for themselves.

On occasion, the fair folk managed to strike back, such as when the Great Fey Queen Boudicca joined forces with the tribes of Britons to throw off the yoke of the Empire, but such victories were ever short-lived and the fair folk always found themselves pushed back to the fringes of society.

In a last-ditch effort to stay the gradual extermination of their people, Guinevere’s mother struck a truce with then-king Uther Pendragon. As a sign of goodwill, she agreed to send her daughter to be raised in the court of the British king.

Guinevere was not given a choice. A wild and headstrong lass, she was quite the hellion, refusing to listen to any of the governesses who tried to train her in courtly manners and etiquette. She came from a long line of warrior queens, and saw little sense in the stuffy ways of the more “civilized” ladies of the court. Aware of the importance of her position though, she always stopped short at anything that might cause a diplomatic incident to endanger the tenuous peace. Finally, after much frustration, it was suggested that she might be better placed in a knight’s training program.

RP Sample: ”Oh, aye? An’ who went n’ told ye that I e’en wanted t’be one o’ yer bloody knights?” Guinevere cocked one eyebrow and tossed her wild auburn locks back over her shoulder brazenly. ”Yer lot thinks they’re ‘oh-sucha-fanciful crew’ with their shiny metal suits. All it does is make them bigger, slower, easier targets.” The wild woman held her arms outstretched in a pantomime of drawing a bow, then smirked devilishly. ‘Loyalty to king and country’ says he? Ha! They’re naught but loyal to the fillin’ o’ their purses, says I. Oh, and dinna ye speak t’me o’ yer lofty ‘code o’ chivalry.’ If yer lot be so concerned with the likes o’ yer lady-folk, then what need have ye to keep em locked away in yer larders and yer bedchambers? Afeard o’ losin’ yer control over ‘em should they run free as the fair folk do?” The feyling's lilting voice rose and fell in a mesmerizing pattern as she spoke, creating an enchanting melody that was bizarrely incongruous with the harshness of her words.

”’So why am I here then,’ says he? Well, it seemed to me as it made a good deal more sense than trainin’ t’be a ’lady in waitin’ ‘What are they waitin’ for anyway?’ says I. And dinna get me started on the daftness o’ needlepoint. Oh, I get the needle part, but suren’ I can’t imagine a more pointless thing to do with it. Oh, and I’ve quite the imagination. Take right now for instance: I’m imaginin’ all the ways I could ha’ killed ye dead o’er the course o’ this conversation. Ye sure ye want t’drink that, by the way?”
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 07:17 PM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogicalghost View Post
I'm not going to app for this game (it's not my thing) but I DEARLY want to know everything that happens. If this was a youtube series please imagining me punching the subscribe button so hard it would break if it were a physical button.
I'm not an animator sadly, but if I could find one for dirt cheap I could narrate it.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 09:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4697
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Quote:
I'm not an animator sadly, but if I could find one for dirt cheap I could narrate it.
Hmm, you could always do slow pans of the actual posts, cutting occasionally to the artwork from the source book! Granted I have zero experience with non-powerpoint editing so that may be harder than I flippantly make it sound...
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 09:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1208
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Quote:
The beast path has already been taken, all that's left is the Battlranger (you can keep your race the same though)
My apologies, I didn’t realize it was first come first served. Have fun all.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 09:40 PM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
My apologies, I didn’t realize it was first come first served. Have fun all.
Good luck with your future endeavors.

This leaves us with just the battleranger open (not surprised). Though I think the Game thread will be opening up soon since we've generated so much interest in such little time.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 09:43 PM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythrandil View Post
Hmm, you could always do slow pans of the actual posts, cutting occasionally to the artwork from the source book! Granted I have zero experience with non-powerpoint editing so that may be harder than I flippantly make it sound...
I could also just post an abridged version on "All Things D&D", They do great work narrating campaign stories XD
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 10:14 AM
King of the Dinosaurs

Tools
User Statistics
TyranntX TyranntX
Mind the multi-post, but the game thread is up now. Migrate there and submit your sheets. Once everyone is accounted fore we will begin!

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19421
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 03:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Ursula, Bláinnsdóttir of clan Brawnanvil
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Barbarian (Battlerager)-3
Personality: She is
Appearance: She stands at 4'11",weighs 150 pounds, has long red hair and her complexion is ruddy. The dwarf's eyes are a disconcerting jet black.
Background: Outlander
  • Personality Trait: My status as a battlerager has brought me only bloodshed and sorrow.
    I revere the lives and deaths of even my most cruel and fearsome enemies.
  • Ideals: Purification. I must stamp out evil wherever it may dwell.
  • Bonds: Clan Brawnanvil is everything to me, and I will do whatever I can do to glorify their name.
  • Flaws: I am unwaveringly loyal to my clan leaders, even if my orders conflict with my personal beliefs.
Backstory:

Last edited by Shula; Apr 29th, 2021 at 03:34 PM.