RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 30th, 2021, 01:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7480
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Modded mine a bit since it sounded like he doesn't trust he just was burned once. He still is a team player when the need arises he just hasn't met anyone yet that he feels he could trust fully.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15884
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Likewise tweaked 9B's list of friends. He has some acquaintances within the rebellion, but hasn't had a level of self-awareness long enough to make more than one close friend. Though anyone willing to help rescue that one would qualify.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 12:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1800
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Okay, my submission is done. I am still working on the character sheet and making the character. Hopefully you do not need a completed one before selection as this is my first character with this system and it is slow going trying to make sure I do it correctly.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 09:35 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17250
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
I didn't really mean to make Aayla a "loner type", but in retrospect it did come out a bit that way. Made some edits to correct that. I'll work on a more solid list of friends and contacts.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 10:12 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14349
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Thank you-all for being willing to reconsider your character concepts.
Old May 7th, 2021, 09:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2467
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Finished my application. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=208063
Old May 8th, 2021, 01:19 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5864
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Added character sheet. I think that should be it. Please let me know if you need anything else or there are questions.
Old May 8th, 2021, 05:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Okay, finally got the character built up to buying equipment. I was wondering if I could buy a custom weapon. My thought was a combination of blaster rifle and vibro axe. I would be willing to pay the cost of both and then just have them combined into one weapon.
Old May 8th, 2021, 05:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Added a link on the application post to the character sheet. Just click on his name. Just need to buy equipment.

Last edited by Draidden; May 8th, 2021 at 05:58 PM.
Old May 9th, 2021, 01:01 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
Okay, finally got the character built up to buying equipment. I was wondering if I could buy a custom weapon. My thought was a combination of blaster rifle and vibro axe. I would be willing to pay the cost of both and then just have them combined into one weapon.
Generally speaking, I'd suppose that hitting things with a rifle isn't very good for the rifle. I'm having troubles picturing what a weapon like look like. The axe blade wouldn't be where you put the rifle-butt up against your shoulder, and it couldn't really be at the shooty end either because it would make the rifle too heavy to hold for any length of time. Unless you have an idea of how to make that feasible, they'll probably have to be separate weapons.
Old May 9th, 2021, 03:06 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15884
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
I imagine it would look like a Star Wars version of this. A pistol-axe did exist in real life, and while it might be heavy, he is a wookie. Bowcasters generally require high strength to use effectively as well (maybe not in game, I'm not sure, but it's been mentioned in-universe).
Old May 9th, 2021, 09:33 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
Generally speaking, I'd suppose that hitting things with a rifle isn't very good for the rifle. I'm having troubles picturing what a weapon like look like. The axe blade wouldn't be where you put the rifle-butt up against your shoulder, and it couldn't really be at the shooty end either because it would make the rifle too heavy to hold for any length of time. Unless you have an idea of how to make that feasible, they'll probably have to be separate weapons.
No problem. I purchased his equipment and it is one the sheet. I believe he is done now. Having never sued this system before I hope I got it right.
Old May 10th, 2021, 09:17 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Application period closed

Applications closed

I'm going to have to reevaluate my approach to advertising and running games. This experience clearly shows me that there is room for improvement. Perhaps I need to be less restrictive or my concept needed more work. Or perhaps this was not "Star Wars-y" enough. The simple truth (my opinion) is that we did not have enough qualified applications to fill out the game roster. Perhaps I need to lower my expectations. Opening up the game to Age of Rebellions careers might have helped. Thank you to everyone who applied. I appreciate the effort. I'm going to need to step back and do some introspection.

Game canceled.
Old May 10th, 2021, 09:42 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5417
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby

Sad to hear it. Best of luck in your future gaming endeavors.
Old May 10th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2467
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
I think your concept was solid as not every Star Wars game has to be focused on Jedi and fighting the Empire. Options are certainly more appealing and can spark ideas for different characters. A D&D 5e game that only allows PHB will usually get less applicants than one that allows all official materials for example. I’m sad to hear it didn’t work out, but I wish you luck in the future.