Other Becoming a Hero (Masks: A New Generation) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 3rd, 2017, 12:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 291
L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught
Awesome... awesome to the max
Old Jun 3rd, 2017, 12:16 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5417
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Biokinesis can affect both yourself and others, just like everything else in the abilities section of the Nova. You are welcome to limit it to yourself if you wish, but that is not how the ability is intended to be used.
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Somewhat Acceptable

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 691
Mister N Mister N Mister N Mister N Mister N Mister N
Do they have to be teenagers in human years, or can they just be adolescents of a different race?
Also, if someone is a different race, do they have to use the Outsider playbook?
Lastly, if I use the Bull playbook, is it absolutely necessary for the character to have been created by an evil organization?

If any of the answers are no, that's fine, I just wanted to know so I could build something interesting.
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Dreaded blue eye-square!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5997
Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios
Quick question to help me shape my interest. I had an application for a Masks game that I'd like to resurrect and tweak a little for this setting, but it had one change to the Delinquent playbook. Instead of being able to make psychic weapons, he could make psychic constructs that were specifically not weapons. Would you be OK with that change?
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 291
L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorios View Post
Quick question to help me shape my interest. I had an application for a Masks game that I'd like to resurrect and tweak a little for this setting, but it had one change to the Delinquent playbook. Instead of being able to make psychic weapons, he could make psychic constructs that were specifically not weapons. Would you be OK with that change?
Hehehe, you know, the power loader from Aliens wasn't a weapon...
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Space Cowboy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 782
summerdruid summerdruid summerdruid summerdruid summerdruid summerdruid summerdruid
Posting interest.

I'm currently thinking of applying with either the Legacy or the Protégé. I've got an idea brewing for each so I'll see which one I want to bring out here.
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister N View Post
Do they have to be teenagers in human years, or can they just be adolescents of a different race?
Also, if someone is a different race, do they have to use the Outsider playbook?
Lastly, if I use the Bull playbook, is it absolutely necessary for the character to have been created by an evil organization?

If any of the answers are no, that's fine, I just wanted to know so I could build something interesting.
Sorry to stifle some creativity here, but yes the character has to be a teenage hero in human years. No alien that is 1000 years old but a teen on their planet.

That being said, a hero can be an alien and not be an outsider, but it would have to be a super man type story of being raised on earth. Just saying I am an alien bull, for example, is messing with intended narrative. If being an alien is a big deal for your character from the get go, then it needs to be an outsider.

The bull can be made by an evil individual or evil organization, or a neutral organization for an evil purpose. That is about the extent of flexibility for that.
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorios View Post
That doesn't really sound angsty enough for the delinquent, and considering how big a list of non-weapons could encompass, that almost sounds like a nova to me. I would have to say no. Sorry.
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Dreaded blue eye-square!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5997
Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios Adorios
DelinquentSuperhero ID: Wish I could just name myself “The Finger” but I think some censor somewhere would scream bloody murder. So I’ll go with … Hidden Hand. HH for short (of course that also means His Highness, you may bow).

The Real Me: Carlos Danger (/sarcasm) Call me “Rafa”

Playbook: I am not a Delinquent! What kind of judgmental prick are you?

Theme Music: Picked previously and I like it. It makes me laugh and it fits with his style.

Goals: He wants to work with the heroes because too often they’re surprisingly stupid about it. Destroy the city in order to save it. GG heroes. It happens a lot because they play by the rules, insist on straight up fights, and don’t sneak worth a flying fig. He grew up around normal hurt by supers, and he brings that sensibility to this work. Besides, he can. Villains are annoying, and their plans need to be stopped.

Why: Masks the system has always intrigued me, but I’ve yet to get into the few games I’ve spotted here using it. Superheroes is a cool memo, and the whole coming of age vibe in the game should make for some fun. A Delinquent is pretty well set-up for moral dilemmas. For Rafa, does he do something illegal that will make stopping the baddy easier? Would he sacrifice a few innocents for it? Also, I’d like it if some problems could be resolved without city-smashing fights, as that’s Rafa’s whole schtick.

Last edited by Adorios; Jun 8th, 2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 11:17 PM
Somewhat Acceptable

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 691
Mister N Mister N Mister N Mister N Mister N Mister N
Ronaan Konuya, Crown Prince of the BeastmenHero Name: Hemene
"It means 'wolf' in another language. I read about it in a book once."

Playbook: Bull
"I was trained from a young age to be a great fighter. Where I come from, the strongest rule."

Description:

"I am Ronaan Konuya, prince to the beastmen. It is a pleasure to meet you!"

Goals: More than anything, Ronaan wants to be able to prove himself and return home to his parents, where he can become king and lead the beastmen to peace with humanity.
"Back home, there's just so much that isn't right... I intend to fix it."

Background:

Roleplaying Sample:

Why: I've always wanted to play a superhero. A proper superhero, not an antihero, not a murder-hobo, none of that. I aspire to create interesting stories more than anything, and that's really the main thing I aspire to. I want to enjoy exploring strange worlds and meeting the people in them, making a whole new story alongside others.

Last edited by Mister N; Jun 11th, 2017 at 04:40 AM.
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
I'm interested and have an idea for either an outsider but more likely a doomed, but I don't have any experience with this system.
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 115
SpookySpecter SpookySpecter
Ethan Stuart - AKA Ember
right-aligned image
Hero Name: Ember
Mild Mannered Alter Ego: Ethan Stuart
Playbook: The Nova
Abilities: Elemental Control (Fire)
Flares: Moat, Overcharge, Reality Storm, Worship

Ethan’s home life is rocky. His dad, a state senator, is physically and emotionally unavailable. And his mom is too preoccupied with his kid sister to have time to devote to him. And all of that might be okay if he were a gregarious extravert with a metric butt-ton of friends. But he’s not an extravert. No, Ethan has always been lumped in with the weird kids and the math geeks—but he never fit in with them, either. He was the sick kid.

In elementary school, Ethan was absent a lot. If he wasn’t doped up on medicine, he was hallucinating in the midst of 106°F fevers. And if his temperature wasn’t sky-rocketing, he was in a near-catatonic state due to a complex medicinal cocktail. It made being a normal kid difficult, to say the least. And that may have been tolerable if he didn’t see how unbelievably sad it made his parents.

He begged them for a sibling when he was 9 years old. Not because he wanted one, but because he wanted his parents to smile again. When Ethan was ten, his mom gave birth to little Eleanor, and, indeed, his parents smiled. But for Ethan, it was bittersweet moment. He tried not to let his mom and dad see how much he cried.

Those intense emotions changed something in him. The fevers became harder to manage, and for the next year no one could say for certain if Ethan was going to survive. But as he approached puberty the fevers started to manifest outside of his body. He could burn scraps of paper with his fingertips. Push his hand through open flame without feeling the burn. Bring the water in the tub to a boil just by sitting in it. Pushing the heat outside of his body made him feel much better, but soon Ethan realized that this intense power was more than just pain relief and party tricks.

Two summers ago, Ethan burned down his parent’s home. No one was hurt, but it was a terrifying experience that brought with it an incredible lesson. Control yourself, or hurt the people you love. Ethan has been working to control his powers ever since.

Description: Ethan keeps a rock-and-roll aesthetic, usually wearing dark jeans and hoodies, with comfortable sneakers. He’s trying to find a way to make all of his clothes flame-resistant, but he hasn’t really figured that out yet. As a result, his costume isn’t much of a costume. He hand-made a mask in metal-shop that he thinks is pretty BA, but even that shows signs of deterioration after a few rounds of total fire-immersion. Hopefully a smarter, craftier person can help him out with this.

Attitude: Ethan is an introvert. The quiet kid in the back of the class. But when he puts on his mask, something changes. He can hide in plain sight and be someone completely different. That’s pretty awesome. Sometimes, though, the power goes to his head and he makes some decisions that he definitely regrets.

Roleplaying Sample: Ember’s body slammed into the concrete. He felt the ground break beneath him. Or was that his rib? No, that was definitely his rib. ”Son of a—“ He slowly dragged himself to his feet, eyeing a tear in the knee of his knee jeans as he got off of the ground. ”My mom is going to be pissed, Ajax,” he said as he adjusted the sheetmetal mask on his face and brought his focus back onto the hulk of kid across the parking lot. Ember pushed himself into a sprint, closing the distance between himself and Ajax, ignoring the pain screaming at him from his torso. He used that pain, the rage and the frustration, and funneled it down into his fists. He felt the heat, the flame growing around his knuckles, enveloping the sleeves of his denim jacket, and he smiled. ”Let me give your mom to be pissed off about, too.”

Goals: Ethan has been the sick kid for most of his life. He finally feels better. He wants to go out and do things. He wants friends. He wants to experience life.

Why: Super heroes are awesome. And teenage dramas are entertaining. Teenage superheroes are bogged down by the same moral compass as their adult counterparts. I feel like the exist in shades of grey, and that’s ideal for telling compelling stories.
Old Jun 6th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Adogdayz
Posting interest.

Hey there, I've got an idea for a Janus or protege. I'll have an application posted later today for you.

Cheers.
Old Jun 6th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Space Cowboy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 782
summerdruid summerdruid summerdruid summerdruid summerdruid summerdruid summerdruid
ApplicationHero Name: Gold Rush
Playbook: Legacy
Abilities: Mythic Might, Legendary Speed, God-like Beauty

"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old Jun 6th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Fairman Fairman Fairman
[Application withdrawn]

Last edited by Fairman; Jun 11th, 2017 at 05:53 PM.