twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 26th, 2020, 10:11 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22306
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Loving the apps folks, now that I'm back in my office from holidays I'll be faster with updating the table and answering questions.

Notes and feedback@grumpydad - 1) love the username 2) here is a list of reference pages I provide my students in New Player Solo GameNPSG to help learn the in's/out's of the forums and bb-code:

@Zazo - HI ZAZO!!!

@SnakeOilCharmer - So many awesome names applying haha. See feedback below:

@TheWeeknd72 - Welcome to the site! Please provide a mechanical background for your character. "See below" will not cut it. (i.g.: Soldier, Acolyte, Guild Artisan, etc.)

A general rule of thumb for folks wondering; I am more than happy to provide feedback but my praise does not guarantee a spot. Nor does my critique bar you from getting in.
Old May 26th, 2020, 05:32 PM
Harvard M.D.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
TheWeeknd72
I apologize, I was wondering what to place in those sections before your review is over. Thank you Retry.

Last edited by TheWeeknd72; May 26th, 2020 at 05:33 PM.
Old May 27th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2759
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
I changed race on Rontae to Ghostwise Halfling (SCAG), will put a section in specifying overarching goal and why he is traveling next to traits/ideals/bonds/flaws.

Last edited by penbeast0; May 27th, 2020 at 06:07 PM.
Old May 27th, 2020, 11:44 AM
Very Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1135
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Okay, Worjhan is complete and ready for review. Let me know if there are any questions, comments, or suggestions. Thanks!

Posting Rate: Very Slow, trying to keep up once a week at least
Old May 27th, 2020, 05:47 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 156
Zangul Zangul
Old May 28th, 2020, 08:49 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
@Penbeast0 - Sounds good, I marked you as completed but feel free to keep working on it.

@Zangul - Please shoot me a PM of what you are thinking of. We'll go from there.

@everyone - I've taken on a protege for this game to show them the ropes of DM'ing. I will be mentoring them and providing them the resources needed to DM this game. That being said, this will increase the amount of folks being accepted. If you worry over the idea of having an newbie DM - don't be. The player is incredibly skilled at roleplaying and narrating and I will be there to assist in any issues/mistakes made.

Last edited by Retry; May 28th, 2020 at 09:17 AM.
Old May 28th, 2020, 10:45 AM
Not a Doctor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15380
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Kahlan Application
right-aligned image

Name: Kahlan Ackerman a.k.a. "Mara Searus"
Race: Scourge Aasimar (Approved)
Class: Divine Soul Sorcerer
Background: Charlatan
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Old May 28th, 2020, 12:12 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7646
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
@Retry Do we get the name of your apprentice?
Old May 28th, 2020, 12:20 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, yes - I've already updated the ad with his name but its fitting I should've mentioned it here: Lashiec.

They were one of my students in New Player Solo GameNPSG way back when as well as a current player in my Storm Team for this game. So I've known them for some time and can personally vouch for their narration skills
Old May 28th, 2020, 05:26 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 156
Zangul Zangul
COMPLETE

Application

Name: Kalamir
Race: Minotaur
Class: Barbarian Herald of the storm
Personality: Kalamir is very in tune with the traditions of his clan. He tries to live by those traditions concedering what he remembers. Kalamir hhh lives to help others and will not stop searching for Mailace the red dragon that killed his whole clan. So clanless he searches for a place to call home and to find have a family of his own to rebuild his clan.
Appearance: Kalamir Stands at anostonishing 7ft and weighs at least 400 lbs. Form a distance it looks like you see a giant boulder. The long wild mane is brown. His tail 2 ft long with a brown fur tip. Each horn is 3 ft long and have a red gem covered metal sheath on both horns. On his back is a tattoo of a cave bear he killed as a child. On both arms is tattoos of all his friends and family and clan members names. He will never forget that frightful day.
Background: clan crafter, even though my clan was killed off. A dwarf clan in the northern mountains gave me refuge and there Angus Battle-axe taught me the art of blacksmithing.
Personality Traits: I have lost my clan and family, I won't let it happen to anyone else if I can help it.
Ideal: It is better to have allies than to go at it alone. Greater in nubers.
Bond: Is to the Angus Battle-axe and clan Battle-axe.
Flaw: I get jealous of another if they out do me at my own craft.
Hometown: Nomadic clan from the Giant Plains.
Backstory: Location Some where in the northern mountains, Minotaur clan is roaming south to the Giant Plain, for the spring and summer seasons. I was just a youngling then, But that's how life was. We travel to the mountains for fall and winter, the giant Plain for spring and summer follow the heads and the birds for hunting. Chieftain Balazar was a great leader, strategically would plan our route never taking the same path back and forth. This would be our fourth cycle heading back to the giant Plain When Dathmire the Red Dragon appeared. Our warriors took up defensive positions the older kids put the women and girls in the middle to defend them. Dathmire swooped down rain fire upon our warriors, spears flying, arrows whizzing through the air. Body's on fire, the ground is cracakling, the heat is intense. Two fire balls rain down on us kabloom kablam, body's fly all around. The huge shadow flies by. As our numbers dwindle down the women and some of the kids begin to flee, Zaskar and I pick up some weapons to fight off the dragon. Like a booming earthquake Dathmire Lands, with a blink of an eye Zaskar is gobbled up. I run and don't look back. Then I feel a excruciating burning sensation. Left for dead, I was found by a dwarf named Angus Battle-axe.

Fast forward......

Living with dwarves was a great tough challenge, learning the was of a blacksmith has given me a way to earn my keep, now I set out to rid towns of the terror of dragons, helping those along the way. And hopefully slay Dathmire.
Goal: To slay Dathmire and build a clan of my own.
Short-Term Goal: To prove my worth as a blacksmith.

Last edited by Zangul; Jun 9th, 2020 at 10:30 PM.
Old May 28th, 2020, 05:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 737
SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta
Application

Name: Sylmaer
Race: Sun Elf (aka High Elf)
Class: Fighter
Alignment: True Neutral
Personality: Cold but polite exterior, bitter and depressed interior, seeking approval and validation. Whether he'll save himself through friendship and opens up or embrace his darker desires is to be seen. Sometimes his emotions and deep seated rage might get better of him, particularly in battle, and sometimes he might grow meek and shy at shows of affection.
Appearance: A tall but slim high elf with long golden hair and deep green eyes often ascribed to people of his race, but with none of the charm or beauty, his face gaunt and scarred with the eyes sunken deep and surrounded by dark circles making his age hard to guess. Will often prefer bright clothing, white with yellow and gold elements in particular, painting certain arcane symbols on his armor using the same colors. These are often picked to go with his only prized possession, a white and gold painted helmet that once symbolized his lost order.
Goal: To find a new home and a place that will accept him, or to make them if they refuse to. To master the skills he was told he was too weak to possess proving dead men wrong, and to reestablish the Order or the Golden Tear.
Background: Knight of the Order
Personality Traits: I've lost too many friends, and I'm slow to make new ones.
Ideal: Might. In life as in war, the stronger force wins.
Bond: I'll never forget the destruction of my order and find the enemy who dealt it.
Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blinding and unreasoning.
Hometown: An unnamed monastery, once located in the High Forest and hidden from the other inhabitants of the region by the means of old magic, now destroyed.
Backstory:

Last edited by SinnerBeta; Jun 11th, 2020 at 08:34 AM.
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 10:32 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Hello dear adventurers!

A reminder that the window for applications will close next thursday.
There is still plenty of time for folks to toss their hats into the ring.

Last edited by Retry; Jun 1st, 2020 at 10:32 AM.
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 04:18 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1947
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Bel-Anar, Servant of the Wounded Lord Application
right-aligned image

Name: Bel-Anar Ultharion
Race: High Elf
Class: Cleric (Order)
Background: Acolyte

OOCHopefully I can make it before the application period ends. I should have this completed by tomorrow.

@Retry I am intending to have this character be a leper of sorts, suffering from some sort of vile disease. Is this acceptable? If so, do you have any suggestions or am I free to kind of wing it?

Last edited by Chylopan; Jun 3rd, 2020 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Added a PM
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 08:48 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
@Chylopan - So I am not going to say 'no' to the concept since its interesting and unique. I do, however, have questions.

Do you have an ailment in mind? Is it cosmetic or does it affect Bel-Anar mechanically as well? Is it contagious?
I can't very well see others wishing to travel with him if they risk infection.
Why is he leaving his hermitage to come to Phandalin? Is he seeking succor? Also, in a world where diseases can be wiped away with a simple divine spell or a touch from a Lv1 paladin, would the disease be immune to such thing or would he forbid the disease leaving his body due to holy reasons?
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 11:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3204
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
@Chylopan; I have several ideas on how such a concept could work, if you wanted my help (literally no problem whatsoever if not - I know a lot of people like to have 100% ownership over their character creation!)