twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 11th, 2020, 10:26 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22306
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
I'd like to thank all who applied. At this time invites have been sent out by Lashiec and I to those accepted. As stated before if you were not picked your application will be held in reserve in the likely case that anyone drops due to life/outplay/etc.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Retry; Apr 15th, 2021 at 02:37 PM. Reason: adjusting to prevent confusion from folks wandering to this page.
Old Jun 11th, 2020, 08:55 PM
Insane Court Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 754
HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys
Thanks for considering me, good gaming everyone!
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 08:55 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
WANTED

I am currently looking for two (2) adventurers who wish to take up the challenge of hunting down the rumors of a dragon out on the frontier just outside of Neverwinter woods.

If selected, you would be starting at Lv 3 and be joining the Cloud Team. There are already four members on the team and they've just returned from a quest and requested some more players join to refill ranks and get some fresh meat faces in the game.

Applications will close on Apr 30th.

Game Name
normal image without text wrap
Dragon of Icespire Peak
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeAdventurers traveling the Sword Coast to gather the strength to take on a Dragon.
FlavourPublished Adventure, Job Quests, Survival
Game Summary

InfoWhat am I looking for?

I'm looking for two adventurers that will be able to mesh in with an already established team. The adventurers are friendly enough to take in any possible help so don't worry about that. What I, the DM, am primarily searching for is someone who can tell a good story. To quote a great DM that I'm playing with in a different game: "I like flawed characters."

DetailsDetails
  • IMPORTANT: You'll be starting at Lv3.
  • Setting: Forgotten Realms - Sword Coast
  • Allowed Sources: Player's HandbookPHB, Dungeon Master's GuideDMG, Xanthar's Guide to EverythingXGtE, Sword Coast Adventurer's GuideSCAG, Tasha's Cauldron of EverythingTCoE. (Blood Hunter & Its on you to flavor it for Faerun. Remember, this isn't Eberron.Artificer are allowed. So are all official sub-classes.)
  • Attribute Scores: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, and 8 in any order you wantStandard Array or 27 point-buy
  • Alignments: No CE.
  • Gear: Class starting equipment and background gold plus 50gp
  • Pantheon: Forgotten Realms
  • Character Advancement: We'll be using milestones. You'll reach Lv6 by the game's end.
  • Multi-classing: Is allowed but limited to one. Main Class + Secondary Class. Also make it believable/PC-background relevant.
  • Post Rate: Minimum of 1/wk. Teams can set the pace if they want faster/slower, I will follow.
  • Factions: Allowed! I can easily weave side-quests into this game if anyone is interested in the various factions.
ApplicationsWhat do I want in your app?
  • Your typical app; Name, class, race, appearance, 5e background, two personality traits, ideal, bond, flaw.
  • Post a pic so I have tokens for maps, be sure to resize it to at least 250x250px, please.
  • A backstory that includes a few things:
    • Their story, of course
    • Their hometown here in Faerun
    • Why are they traveling?
    • What is their over-arching goal? {Their goal does not need to be within the confines of this adventure, this can easily be a stepping stone in their journey. But having a driving force often brings more life into the character, i find.note}
  • I would recommend against making a sheet right off the bat - though I can't honestly stop you either

Below is a template to help you get started.

Cleared for new apps on 15/4/21
Current Apps
User NameClassRaceStatus
gjf2a Quaryn Paladin - AncientForest Gnome completed
A7ice Caeda Swashbuckler Half-elf completed
HomestarbabyBrylanaEnchantressHalf-elfcompleted @Homestarbaby - Nope, I have no problem what-so-ever with reflavoring spells in a narrative sense! I do it all the time! I feel it adds a layer of fun and creativity to the character! (note)
ShulaDirkLife ClericHumancompleted
jrodLuciusSwashbucklerV.HumanWIP
NightCheese   Withdrawn
FirecatBimmerBardlockHalflingWithdrawn
TPasq98 Joric Swashbuckler Half-elf completed
DemonSlayerKorgabuSun Soul Half-orc completed
GeneT Le-iloaAccording to dndb sheetThief High-elfcompleted
GrouchyToffindinHunterV. Humancompleted

DM Review = I haven't read through it fully yet.

QuestionAnswer
Are Custom Lineage or Human Variant allowed? Yes, though I expect your sheet to clearly list what is what.
Is Class Variant allowed?If you look on the first page you will see I originally said 'no.' I have since changed this as I've been able to properly play with it both in pbp and at the table and have no problem. So Yes!
Can I play Mystic? No. You can choose one of the official Psi subclasses but I'm not allowing Mystic.
What about {insert UA}?Send me a link to the WotC pdf so I can check it again. We can discuss.
Is {insert race} allowed?If it falls in one of the allowed sources above, then yes - otherwise no.
Is there a discord?I do have one and use it often - but not for this game. If you need me for something urgent shoot me a PM on rpgx. I'm active most days anyways.
Do you allow DndBeyond Sheets?Yes, and I have a campaign set up for this game. I do not require my players use it and accept any form of character sheets, as long as I have proper access to view them.
Do you allow custom backgrounds?If they are mix/matches of existing ones as defined in the PHB, then yes. Complete homebrews - no.

Last edited by Retry; Apr 27th, 2021 at 03:08 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 08:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38
emanb29
Sounds like a super cool campaign! I'll come back with a first draft of an application today or tomorrow.

Have the players currently forming the Cloud Team expressed a need/preference for any particular role to round out the group?

Also, I get the impression (from the "Team Overview") that this group is very open to RP/diplomatic problem-solving (ie, not every encounter needs to be a combat). Is that a fair assessment, or am I just projecting?
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 10:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1719
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
Application
Name: Quaryn Stringslinger
right-aligned image

Race: Forest Gnome
Class: Paladin, Oath of the Ancients
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Trait: Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension.
Trait: I know a story relevant to almost every situation.
Ideal: Beauty. When I perform, I make the world better than it was.
Flaw: I'll do anything to win fame and renown.
Bond: I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person's.
Background: Entertainer (Instrumentalist, Singer, Poet)
Backstory: Quaryn grew up in a small, hidden forest gnome village in the Neverwinter Wood. He has always had a talent for music as well as swordplay. With regard to the latter, his role model is Panahim Quickfingers, a well-known gnomish folk hero noted for his deeds in defending the innocent.

Concluding that a quiet life in his village was incompatible with the glamorous life of a warrior that he imagined for himself, with the guarded approval of his clan Quaryn joined a traveling musical group. His performances are noted for his combination of technical wizardry with the mandolin and his use of illusions to accentuate the storytelling in his songs. His commitment to the beauty of the world combined with the realistic need for the employment of martial arts to defend the innocent has led Quaryn towards the goal of taking the Oath of the Ancients, hence both propagating the light through music and defending the light from the darkness that would seek to overwhelm it. He also hopes his adventures will give him some songwriting material.

So far, his travels have not disappointed. He has shown considerable valor in defending the members of his traveling music group against bandits and occasional monsters in the wilderness. He was extremely disturbed to hear rumors of the Cult of Talos setting up shop in the Neverwinter Wood. He certainly wouldn't want anything to happen to his village! As the musical troupe enters Phandalin for the festival (an event that they hope will do wonders for their income) Quaryn finds himself with an additional agenda - learn more about the threat coming from the north, most especially with regard to defending the home he has wandered away from. To that end, he hopes to find some like-minded companions who might help oppose the threat...

Last edited by gjf2a; Apr 16th, 2021 at 08:34 AM.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 07:32 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanb29 View Post
Have the players currently forming the Cloud Team expressed a need/preference for any particular role to round out the group?

Also, I get the impression (from the "Team Overview") that this group is very open to RP/diplomatic problem-solving (ie, not every encounter needs to be a combat). Is that a fair assessment, or am I just projecting?
They have not expressed the need for a particular role, just more faces is all. I've provided which classes/races are currently being played above in the "cloud team's story" spoilerbutton for any of those who felt the need to try and adjust to the party.

Also, yes! The party has actually skirted a good handful of encounters through problem-solving and/or diplomatic means.

Last edited by Retry; Apr 16th, 2021 at 07:43 AM.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 08:36 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1719
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
Hi Retry, I added in that Quaryn is an Oath of the Ancients paladin.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 09:53 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 147
A7ice A7ice
Caeda Vestele
right-aligned image
Name: Caeda Vestele
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Rogue Swashbuckler
Personality: Caeda is on the surface is cheerful, taunting, and sarcastic. She as dry sense of humor, enjoys good challenge, and doesn’t like to be burdened with too many rules. She can be charming and she is beautiful enough to use her charms for her own gains. A bit of hedonistic and vain, but at the same time loyal to her friends.

Appearance: Caeda is a tall (5' 10") and wiry (120 lb) Half-Elf with long copper red hairs. Her skin is pale and her eyes are light purple. She moves with sensual grace and ethereally noiseless. Her lips usually have half-seductive and half-taunting smile. Caeda is wearing leather light armor, cut well to her figure and complemented well with fine clothes, with tasteful elaborate jewelry.

Background: Entertainer (Gladiator, Dancer, Tumbler)
Personality Traits: Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension.
Ideal: Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action. (Chaotic)
Bond: I want to be famous, whatever it takes.
Flaw: I'll do anything to win fame and renown.
Hometown: Neverwinter
Backstory: Caeda is a young 24-year-old Half-Elf. She spent most of her life in Neverwinter where she trained in various styles of combat being a gladiator and a dancer. Her mother, Saltine, Wood Elf, left her and her father when she was little. Father, Darius Vestele, was a warrior and both with Saltine met during their adventures around West Faerûn but as Darius became older, he wanted to settle down. The love between him and Saltine was enough for Caeda to be born, but Saltine didn't stay long in the city after that and left. Caeda barely remembers her.

Darius settled down, opened a fighter school, and began organizing fights for money. Caeda grew up in the environment full of adrenaline, combat, blood, but also free spirit, fast love and criminal element. Being pretty, easy going, and vain, she had a lot of friend, attention, often run into troubles. Being skinny, she had hard time to follow her father footsteps at first but she made her way around with her pretty eyes, nimbleness and gracefulness, and her wit.

Caeda loves a good show, loves to be in the center of attention, so she became locally recognizable, first as she was dancing and providing minor entertainment to guests on all the events organized by her father. Finally, as she grew up and finally became capable to swing a sword well, she quickly excelled in flashy, one-on-one duels, for which a true local fame came. Growing up on the stories from her father and his friends, her free spirit pushed her toward adventuring and she started to venture outside the city. Challenging herself, seeking adrenaline, fun and fame, she is adventuring around Neverwinter but she keeps coming back home regularly.

Last edited by A7ice; Apr 16th, 2021 at 12:44 PM.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 02:13 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5417
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Character Application
right-aligned image
Brylana Gemflow
"Let's not worry about tomorrow if it spoils tonight."

Brylana Gemflow
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Enchantress (Wizard)
Personality: Brylana is bubbly and insatiably curious. She prefers to be friendly and flirtatious with people rather than threaten or undermine. She is a bit naïve on how serious and dangerous real adventuring can be, however, and she cannot stand dull boring mundaneness for very long.
Appearance: (see image)

Background: Criminal Background (Spy Variant) (Yes, she is a high charisma lockpicking wizard.)

Personality Traits: I understand that sometimes a little bit of flirting goes a long way. I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy.
Ideal: Beauty - What is beautiful points us beyond itself towards a higher ideal
Bond: I ran out on my former employer, and now I can never go back home.
Flaw: I will do just about anything to keep from feeling bored.
Hometown: Daggerford
Backstory: Before coming to Phandalin, Brylana was a grifter living in Daggerford that schmoozed and stole as much for the fun of it as to get by. She was discovered during a con by a spy master and was given the opportunity to work for the Council of Guilds to move up in the society. Brylana has spent much of her time as an information gatherer for the local guildmaster.

Alas, the work slowly became boring as the council was no where on the operating scale as the What she wouldn't give to play her games in THAT venue...Masked Lords of Waterdeep, and the small town did not allow for much secrecy. So Brylana left Daggerford content to never return. Finding work as a spy would be difficult, but she had heard that there was great excitement to be had and good money to be made in adventuring.

Old Apr 16th, 2021, 06:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1208
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Status=WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Lucius
Race: Variant Human
Class: Rogue
Subclass: Swashbuckler
Background:Criminal

Last edited by Jrod; Apr 17th, 2021 at 04:57 PM.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 09:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 667
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
right-aligned image
left-aligned image
Name: Dawnlord Dirk Ambercrown, itinerant priest of Lathander

Race: Human

Class: Cleric (Life Domain)

Personality: Dirk strives to be an inspiration to others. He is reflective and quietly caring. When things need to be done the cleric sometimes is a bit gruff. Dirk can be creative when he needs to be. Normally, he can keep his emotions in check, but when he sees undead he gets angry to the point of almost raging. Sometimes he'll talk to his mother as if she was still alive. Whether he gets aan answer, only Dirk knows.

Appearance: At five foot eight and weighing two hundred twelve pounds, Dirk is a brute of a man. His hair is brown as is his eyes. Dirk has a fair complexion with rosey cheeks. He prefers colors of gold, red and white, Lathander's favored colors. Dirk normally wears his vestments over his armor.

Backstory: Where his parents, Roland and Marta, originally hailed from Dirk has no recollection, his first memories being of Khedell. They were traders of fine wood, making a living selling their goods to Waterdhavian carpenters. Dirk always travelled with them as there was no extended family in the thorpe they hailed as home.

In his eighth year, the wagon train that Dirk was traveling in was attacked by a wizard leading undead brigands. Before going to fight, his parents hid him in a secret compartment of the wagon. Dirk was afraid, so scared that it took him three days to exit the wagon. He found his parents and the other half dozen merchants all dead. The lad stayed by his mother's side.

Dirk would have died of thirst had it not been for a priest wandering by. Taking stock of the situation the priest, Grimgor, took charge of the boy. Dirk would spend the rest of his childhood and into his late teen learning so he could be anointed into the clerical order. On his 19th naming day, the young man was made a priest of Lathander and the right to be called 'Dawnlord'.

Over the next few years, Dirk made friends with two adventurers, a halfling named Brandeon and a human named Lyra. Slowly but surely, the two fed the young cleric with the teachings of the Lord's Alliance. Dirk saw the mission of the betterment and protection of its member settlements as a good thing. Eventually he joined as an agent of the faction.

Lyra, a swordmage, taught Dirk the fundamentals of summoning a familiar and the spell Green Flame Blade. Due to his connection with Lathander the flame was not green as usual but gold, red and white strands. The cleric decided that this was a sign that his god approved of him dabbling in the arcane.

At the age of 26, the church elders decided that Dirk's calling was as itinerant rather than a rector of a set church. So it is that he found himself wandering the Sword Coast. Dirk did his best and mostly that was good enough. Lately he could be found in the Frozenfar Region, spreading the word of the Morninglord to the barbarians there.

What most in the church do not know is that Dirk carries a text describing the Risen Sun heresy. He was a diehard believer. In short, the heresy prophecies that Lathander would be fully unveiled as Amaunter. Dirk keeps the text secret except to the cleric, Nigel Greyjoy, who introduced him to the book. Fervently he prays every morning that this would be the day of the Risen Sun's return.

Background [Faction Agent (Lord's Alliance)]:
  • Personality Traits: The roads are open to me, I follow my feet and enjoy the journey that they take, like water filling a cup.
    I strive for a better me tomorrow, always improving both physically and spiritually through hard work.
  • Ideal: Avenger: I always seek to destroy evil, especially undead. It is my truest purpose.
  • Bond: I seek to preserve a sacred text that most of my fellow clerics consider heretical and seek to destroy.
  • Flaw: I'm an honest person and I can hardly lie to save my life.

Hometown: Born in Kheldell, a thorp on the northern brim of the Westwood in the foothills of the Sword Coast Spires. From the age of 8 raised by the clerics of Lathander at Morninglow Tower, Waterdeep.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 19th, 2021 at 10:16 PM.
Old Apr 17th, 2021, 02:46 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
Hi everyone!

I would like to apply with a half-elven warlock. Can I submit the character by tomorrow?
Old Apr 17th, 2021, 06:21 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditionsVeteran View Post
Hi everyone!

I would like to apply with a half-elven warlock. Can I submit the character by tomorrow?
Absolutely, applications close on the 30th so you can submit a character anytime before then.
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 02:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 667
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
@retry

Just want to know your preference:

Looking at the two pictures of Dirk do you prefer the smaller size or the bigger?

Or would you want me to do something in between?
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 08:05 AM
Eternally Snacking Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2623
NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese
@Retry Hello! Thinking about submitting, but need to choose between two character ideas. Placeholder!