twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 21st, 2021, 02:17 PM
Lord of Clams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 914
ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord
This is just a placeholder, but I'm interested! Trying to get back into the groove of things.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 08:22 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22306
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Hey folks, loving the apps so far.
This is the one-week notice for anyone on the fence or who has placeholders.
Applications close Apr-30 and I plan to draw the chosen two into the game that following Monday (May-3).
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 07:25 AM
Eternally Snacking Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2623
NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese
I just got in to a different game and unfortunately that means my RPGx dance card is too full for another. Sadly, I must withdraw! Have fun everyone!
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 03:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5564
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Toffindin
Race: Variant Human
Class: Ranger 3 (Hunter)

Personality:
Toffindin is a proud and slightly narcissistic warrior which stems from his status within his tribe known as the Bone Men. The Bone Men are so named for their strong traditional beliefs in the spirits of their ancestors that they wear the finger bones of their deceased relatives for protection from evil spirits. Toffindin currently wears the finger bones of his father and grandfather, and they are a source of great pride to him. Toffindin is a cunning and able hunter, with a strong personal code and great courage stemming from the fact that he would rather die with honor than act cowardly and be shamed before his people. He keeps his tribe in his thoughts often, as they are the true meaning of his adventures and he wishes to return to them with honor. He sees most civilized men as soft and has little patience for their gripes and complaints. He respects strength and honor, and those who display them are to be admired. Although he used to be a temperate and calm man, his burning desire to avenge the death of his young wife has made him a bit short tempered.

Appearance:
Toffindin is shorter than the average man, with deeply tanned skin and a lean wiry build. His thick black hair is tied into multiple braids with simple black cord, revealing a broad forehead and narrow brown eyes on a clean shaven face. He has a small slightly upturned nose and thin lips, and is somewhat handsome in his own way. He stands proudly and with such confidence that you have seen royalty be less self assured about themselves. He wears a cloak made out of a gray wolf, with the head of the wolf split in two to allow it to be worn without a clasp of any kind. Around his neck is a thin leather loop from which hangs several human finger bones. He wears well made buckskin clothing and leather armor of an unusual and somewhat primitive style. He carries a longbow in his hands, and has a dagger strapped to each of his upper arms. On his back is a primitive looking backpack that appears to be made to hold his hunting spear as well as traveling supplies. His boots tie to just below the knee and have no heel, and have several small bones as clasps to hold them together.

Background: Outlander (Hunter-Gatherer)

Personality Traits: I am proud of my status within my tribe, and only compare myself to other warriors. I have a strong respect for tradition and one's ancestors. I feel far more comfortable outdoors than surrounded by four walls.
Ideal: Honor. If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole clan. (Lawful)
Bond: My tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me. I will avenge the death of my wife.
Flaw: I am ignorant to the ways of polite society and civilization, and have a tendency to do or say improper things.

Hometown: The western Forest of Wyrms, near Soubar.

Backstory:
Despite his young age Toffindin is considered one of the finest hunters and warriors of the Bone Men, a small close-knit tribe of approximately three dozen who reside in the Forest of the Wyrms on the western side near Soubar. They are semi-nomadic depending on the seasons, with the men primarily hunting for game and the women foraging and rearing children. Although not outwardly aggressive for expansion, it is well known in Soubar to give their territory a wide berth lest you find one of their arrows in your back. They are not immediately hostile towards outsiders, but they are very protective of their tribe and have no qualms about killing an outsider if they feel it is necessary for their own survival. Toffindin killed his first outsider when he was but ten summers old, and as is their custom when one makes their first kill in defense of the tribe he ate his cooked flesh to gain his strength and wisdom. This ritual signifies his manhood in the tribe, and two summers ago he was married to his beloved wife Calelan. Her long black hair was the softest he has ever felt, and her gray eyes reminded him of the strength of the wolf (a sacred spirit in his tribe). With this marriage he was now one of the elders of his tribe, and being the best hunter of the elders brought him much status. Combined with the love of his life, and Toffindin had never been happier.

That was, until the dragon came. Most of the men had been out hunting that morning - what few men remained behind were typically too young for the hunt or the elderly. None had ever seen this dragon before, nor had none seen it since. Some said the dragon attacked first, others said they fired arrows at it to scare it off like they have done with the green scaled dragons before. But this white dragon was different. It killed many of their women and children with the ice from its breath, including Calelan. This devastated the tribe and destroyed Toffindin's life - all that was good had been damaged by this white dragon. When the elders met and Toffindin demanded to take a hunting party after it, the other elders refused - there were too many lost from the attack already, and even a small hunting party would draw too much of their strength away from their lands. That is when Toffindin swore he himself would find this white dragon and bring its scale back to show the Bone Men that their enemy was dead. Toffindin gave his word that he would either die trying or he would return successfully - there was no in between.

Since then, Toffindin has been able to track the white dragon towards the Sword Mountains through evidence of its hunting and the words of those passing by. He knows it is almost a suicide mission to chase a dragon by himself, but in his eyes he has nothing else to live for but to avenge his wife and tribe for the great injustice caused to them.

Last edited by Grouchy; Apr 27th, 2021 at 04:24 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 05:22 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
dr kekyll
so, i was thinking about submitting a ranger, but i was wondering if the replacement options from Tasha's are allowed.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 05:25 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr kekyll View Post
so, i was thinking about submitting a ranger, but i was wondering if the replacement options from Tasha's are allowed.
Yes the optional rules from TCoE are allowed
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 08:19 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30439
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
WIP

Haunt
right-aligned image
Ranari Dirgesnow AKA "Haunt":
Race: (Illuskan) Tiefling
Class: Rogue - Scout
Personality:
Appearance: Lithe and lean with not an ounce of fat spare, Haunt would be the envy of many a self-conscious young maiden if not for the horns protruding from her forehead and her sharp teeth that mark her as one of Asmodeus' descendants. Her high cheekbones and copper skin are a gift from her mother, a former tradeship captain of Calimshite origin, while her tall figure - and ultimately her tainted blood - were "gifted" to her by her father. An illuskan wizard of little fame whose only real accomplishment in life was parenthood.

Background: Urban Bounty Hunter
Personality Traits: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong. The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can’t do it.
Ideal: People. I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care. (Neutral)
Bond: Someone I loved died because of I mistake I made. That will never happen again.
Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.
Hometown: Luskan/Neverwinter
Backstory: Ranari, more commonly known as 'Haunt' (or 'Hound' by those who seek to demean her) is a Luskan born tiefling bounty hunter with a knack for locating those that seek to avoid capture. Working primarily out of Neverwinter, Haunt has earned herself a reputation as a veritable blood hound when it comes to sniffing out people trying to escape bonds and contracts or flee from the long arm of the law.

Haunt was the union of a short but fierce romance between Yasheira, a Calimshite tradeship captain, and Luth, a struggling Illuskan wizard. The two shared a few years of dreams and intimacy, joining hands in marriage until one day Yasheira upped and left for distant Calimshan again with naught a word or explanation as to why, leaving Luth and Haunt behind when the girl was still a toddler.

Luth, a middling wizard at best, still did his best to provide for the girl - out of love for Haunt as well as no small amount of remorse and regret when her horns started growing in and her primary teeth fell out and were replaced by jagged reminders of their shared Asmodean ancestry.

Despite the communal distrust against tieflings such as Haunt, she actually had a happy childhood. Her father was not the richest, and as his studies ground to a halt - dabbling with the arcane and raising a daughter does not necessarily go well together - he still managed to secure enough coin to ensure full bellies and decent lodgings. His main dealings were with a group of Luskan rangers who would drop by every now and then to avail themselves of his knowledge on magical items as well as a steady supply of scrolls for use during their outings.

The leader of the rangers was a broadshouldered man by the name of Lucian. And while her father would lock himself in his study and flip through old dusty tomes trying to determine what strange artifact the rangers had recovered, or the origin and purpose of some weird potion taken from the pouch of roving bandits, Lucian would regale young Haunt with tales of their hunts into the wild - painting vivid scenarios of great fights against everything that threatened the livelyhood of the inhabitants of the City of Sails. Haunt would sit quietly through everything, her eyes locked to Lucians lips as she took it all in. He was, in hindsight, her first love - and at a tender age of eleven, all freckles and horns and sharp teeth, she wanted nothing more than to run away and join Lucian and his rangers and fight monsters at the edges of civilization. And as time passed by and she grew older, her infatuation with Lucian became an infatuation with the Luskan Rangers and her hopes and plans for the future all began revolving around one day earning herself a place in their ranks.

Alas, not every dream comes true - and while Haunt persuaded her father to find her an instructor for the bow, while she spent time learning about nature and the ways of the wild and while Lucian would promise her to put in a good word on one of the ranger's increasingly infrequent visits, she learned the hard way that even in Luskan, even on the edges of civilization on the Sword Coast, tieflings are unwanted at best. And the rangers, whom Haunt had spent much of her formative years trying to emulate, had no place for one of her kind. Not with the violent Ashmadai cult working the countryside around Neverwinter. And no matter how much she pleaded her case, how much she insisted she was not one of *those* tieflings, it was a matter of principle.

Last edited by Thorsten; Apr 29th, 2021 at 01:25 AM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 667
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
I saw hunter on the table of the first page.

I thought Ooooo, bloodhunter.

Then I followed the link and it was a ranger:
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 10:33 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
dr kekyll
Application - WiP
right-aligned image

Name: Bhalgar Stonecutter
Race: Shield Dwarf
Homeland: Western Heartlands

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Fighter/Artificer (Battle Master/Smith)
Background: Clan Crafter (Alchemists, Artificers, and Golemancers)
Personality Traits: I laugh loudly and see the humor in stressful situations.
I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
Ideal: Honor. If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole clan.
Bond: The workshop where me da taught me me trade is the most important place in the world to me.
Flaw: I get bored easily, and if nothing is happening I'll make something happen.

Personality: Bhalgar is loud and friendly with his companions, but loud and fierce with his enemies. He is a hard worker eager to explore his craft and make his clan proud; if he manages to make Faerûn safer in the process, that's fine too.
Appearance: Bhalgar is tall (for a dwarf), lean, and muscular. He has wild, shoulder-length, brown hair and a beard that hangs in a long braid to his stomach.

Backstory: Bhalgar's clan was always known for its stoneshaping. Renowned masons and stonecutters, they were commissioned for some of the best stonework in Toril. In the process of refining their craft, it is said, the paragons of the clan pushed the limits of alchemy and arcane magic until they arrived at something new—the art of the artificer. If anyone wanted nearly anything that involved the weaving of magic with stone or metal, they sought the Stonecutter clan. At least they used to. Nearly a century before Bhalgar was born, the dwarves of their settlement mined a little too deep, and awakened something ancient and terrible that radiated anti-magic. Unfortunately, to protect the secrets of their craft, the Stonecutter clan's alchemy labs were rigged with a contingency to seal physically if exposed to anti-magic. Not only were their inventions rendered useless, but they themselves could not leave to assist in the defense of their home. As soon as the creature was defeated, they were able to escape their labs, but it was too late. Since then, many have come to resent the Stonecutters.

Bhalgar, however, grew up on stories not only of the wondrous creations of his kin but also of their bravery in battle and their tactical prowess, so when he overheard another dwarf call his clan cowards who hid from danger in their labs behind their automatons, he immediately punched the other dwarf in the face starting a brawl. The next morning, as he basked in all the aches and pains the alcohol had mitigated the night before, he considered an even more direct solution to the problem. His fist had stopped that dwarf from running his mouth, but if he wanted to show everyone beyond a doubt what his clan was made of, he would have to leave home and remind all of Toril what the Stonecutters could accomplish.

Last edited by dr kekyll; Apr 30th, 2021 at 12:45 AM.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 10:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
normal image without text wrap
Me likes.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 12:09 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
~~~APPLICATIONS CLOSED (until next time)~~~

I wish to thank all of those who applied to join Dragon of Icespire Peak: Cloud Team.
For those who had WIP in their fieldset or at the top of the post, I'll accept those as they are since everything seems to be there already.

I've asked the team for input as well and I plan to be sending out invites via PM come Sunday (5/2). For those not accepted I will hold onto your application and reach out if something falls through. Once again, thank you for your time!
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 12:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
normal image without text wrap
Good luck everyone....

Last edited by Shula; Apr 30th, 2021 at 12:40 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 08:56 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Hey folks,

Thank you once again for all of those who have applied. It was truly neck and neck for a good handful of applicants.
Those who were chosen have been PM'd. I will keep the other applications on hand in case anything falls through.

Thanks for your time and I wish you all the best in your adventures!
-Retry
Old May 3rd, 2021, 10:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4849
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted . Have fun, I'm sure it'll be a great campaign!
Old May 5th, 2021, 11:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5564
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Congrats to those who were selected!