RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 10:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4256
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Here is the table of applicants.

Character Sheet Player Classes Role Status
Grumm Turkin Sheet Exhibit A School Savant Arcanist -- WIP
-- No Sheet Inverse Null -- -- WIP
Daar Stoneback Sheet triedtherest Alchemist Ranged Single/AoE Damage, Backup healer WIP - needs finalization, could use a little more background
Urthog Goran No Sheet Fyre2387 Slayer Melee DPS WIP -- needs character sheet
Gundar Sheet Warlord of Mars Blue Blood Orc Melee DPS? Needs background

I will still accept applicants -- but will close the process on Sunday April 25 and accept a starting party then.

The initial scenario will have a zombie uprising, but caution these aren't you vanilla pathfinder zombies. However after the first scenario this is not an undead heavy game in Nesterak, so you don't need characters built around that.

Among the applicants are 2 orcs and 2 molekin. If other players apply, I suggest diversity, not more of the same.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 22nd, 2021 at 10:29 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 10:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
@Exhibit A

Str 8 [cost -2]
Dex 14 [cost 5]
Con 14=12+2 race [cost 2]
Int 20=18 +2 race +1 th level [cost 13]
Wis 14 [cost 5]
Cha 8=10-2 race [cost 0]

Grumm looks like he is spending 23 build points on his stats if my math's right, should be 20.
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 11:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Re "Does the Gunsmithing Feat count as a Crafting Feat" for the +15%.

Yes.

Also, for Molekin, early firearms and their ammunition are 10% of listed costs. Advanced firearms and ammunition are 50% of their listed cost. Only for one's personal firearms, and not for resale.

For other races, early firearms and their ammunition are 100% of list cost, and advanced firearms are not available.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 03:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2414
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
For Daar, I was planning on adding a section for his personality.

What would you like to see added for his Background?
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 07:34 AM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6426
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
@Exhibit A

Str 8 [cost -2]
Dex 14 [cost 5]
Con 14=12+2 race [cost 2]
Int 20=18 +2 race +1 th level [cost 13]
Wis 14 [cost 5]
Cha 8=10-2 race [cost 0]

Grumm looks like he is spending 23 build points on his stats if my math's right, should be 20.
His purchased Dex is 12, he's getting a +2 bonus from the Wood arcane school.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 07:40 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 102
Warlord of Mars Warlord of Mars

Name: Gundar of Nesterak
Race: Orc
Class: Magus
Alternate Racial Traits:
Alignment:
Deity:
Background Skills:
Traits:
Role:

Personality

Gundar would rather die than be pushed around. He will stand his ground for what he thinks is right and will step in to save the weak from evil. He is the opposite of the values his family stood by for generations. Gundar is not afraid of confrontation and finds satisfaction in crushing the oppressor. He is on a quest to clean the wrongs his people of committed for so long.

Background

Raised in the wealthy households of the Blue Blood Orc, Gundar knows firsthand the cruelty and blatant disregard his kind has for others including their own kind. As a young Orc in his twenties he noticed some of his own clan relatives signing up with the Black Lotus, the most contempt of all the filth Hygelak XI has spewed forth from his putrid, decrepit mind. These creatures of the dark turned on the family for their own advancement in the ranks of the Overlord in addition to the personal greed of stripping Gundarís family of their riches. Often constructing false conspiracies and evidence, the Black Locus over time tortured and killed Gundarís entire family sect. The only saving grace for Gundarís was his uncle, Bilge, who believed Gundar would himself become a great asset to the Black Loctus. Gundar convinced his Uncle he still needed to find himself before joining the Black Loctus, but inside the simmer has turned to a boil and Gundar will have his revenge.

What is your personal motivation? Why join a rag-tag rebel alliance against an overwhelming power?

Having lived the life of an elite, I've experienced firsthand the corruption and the contempt the upper echelons have for anyone outside or even within their own ranks. I'm disgusted with my own family and our leadership's grotesque vial ways of living with zero feelings for others. They use up other beings as if tossing a booger on the ground.

Why should the aforementioned rag-tag rebel alliance trust their fate to you to lead them?

Not only do I understand the tactics of our enemy having lived among them my entire life I also have friends within the spy network controlled by our not so illustrious disgusting leader. I have a keen sense of awareness and understand when to attack, when to hold, and when to negotiate.

Last edited by Warlord of Mars; Apr 23rd, 2021 at 07:50 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 05:43 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2106
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
I've added a character sheet to Urthog's app, although the sheet isn't fully finished. I'll work on that tomorrow. I've also expanded a bit about his personality.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@TriedTheRest -- for a character’s background I’m basically looking for few things that are hooks which will help you develop the character’s motivation and give him some depth. I’m not looking for anything specific.

@Exhibit A - OK on the Dex boost then.

@Warlord of Mars

Regarding traits like “Gundar would rather die than be pushed around” -- keep in mind that you are in a lawful evil dictatorship of immense power, that pushes people around relentlessly. If you stand and fight against authorities, they are literally overwhelming. So think about how you will play as a member of a rebellion that only survives by being secret.

Re: “Not only do I understand the tactics of our enemy having lived among them my entire life I also have friends within the spy network controlled by our not so illustrious disgusting leader” → if you have suitable investments in skills this may be true to a degree. Skill checks (lore, knowledge, diplomacy) will give you assets and opportunities. (“Fluff text” in your background doesn’t substitute for actually having skills, cohorts, relationship earned in-game, etc.)

For Urthog, record his sub-race on the character sheet

I see Urthog’s stats coming out as costing 26:

Str 20=15+4(race)+1(level) [cost 7]
Dex 14 [cost 5]
Con 12 [cost 2]
Int 10=12-2(race) [cost 2]
Wis 12=14-2(race) [cost 5]
Cha 12=14-2(race) [cost 5]

Let me know if you’ve got any other stat modifiers in mind but that looks over cost.

Character Sheet Player Classes Role Status
Grumm Turkin Sheet Exhibit A Molekin School Savant Arcanist Primary caster
-- No Sheet Inverse Null -- -- WIP
Molekin Daar Stoneback Sheet triedtherest Molekin Alchemist Ranged Single/AoE Damage, Backup healer
Urthog Goran Sheet Fyre2387 Greenblood Orc Slayer Melee DPS
Gundar Sheet Warlord of Mars Blueblood Orc Melee DPS?

Seems to be shaping up as a playable party.

With there no dedicated healer just an alchemist (so far), someone with UMD and a CLW wand might be useful.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 24th, 2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 07:31 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2106
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Whoops, couple of typos I'm the ability scores, fixed it. The level 4 point is in charisma, avoiding the negative there so intimidation won't suffer.

Edit: rethought, that didn't make sense. Starting strength at base 15 and charisma at base 12 with the level 4 bonus to strength and I've got enough to bump intelligence up.

Last edited by Fyre2387; Apr 24th, 2021 at 09:08 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 12:14 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@CCC Ok got it. Let me do some reworking on the background. Thank you.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 10:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Fyre --

Str 20 = 15+4(race)+1(level) [cost 7]
Dex 14 [cost 5]
Con 12 [cost 2]
Int 10 = 12-2(race) [cost 2]
Wis 10 = 12-2(race) [cost 2]
Cha 10 = 12-2(race) [cost 2]

OK, that works. With 10 on all mental stats he is on par with a just average human. So while he possesses no strong mental talents, he has no impediments in place for roleplaying.

Slayers get great skill points -- so he's got stuff to do outside of combat. Looks playable.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 26th, 2021 at 10:18 AM.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 10:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
OK -- the four of you may drop your character sheets into the Active Character's folder:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18384

You've got a rescue mission as your starting activity:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19377

Most of the supporting material for the city of Nesterak will be found here:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19391

That includes a Rumors on The Streets thread, which will have some side play (some information-sharing, some character building.)

Each of you will be living somewhere between Dead Broke Street and Silver Street -- see the map! I suggest Tanglebones Tavern, Belowdecks Inn, or start with a rented inexpensive private residence in the block near Tanglebones.

The zombie infestation is south of where you'll start.

Things to do:
1) Finish purchases of gear, etc.
2) Fill in any missing details (any spells, formulae, etc.)
3) Ask me questions of anything missing or unresolved
4) Post an intro to the story thread when build finalized.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 07:56 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@CCC Iím worried our party wonít last long without a cleric. Iím willing to retool my guy if you think it helps. If so, back story will stay the same and are there powers you suggest.

I've modified the Magus to allow for cure light wand use. Disregard above.

Last edited by Warlord of Mars; Apr 27th, 2021 at 01:25 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 02:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2414
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
With Planar Travel being the way it is in the Sphere, would an Elixer of Shadewalking exist/work?
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 11:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@tried - Yes. The elixer would put you into an altered state allowing faster movement, but there is no other plane to travel to. There would be Powers affiliated with Shadow that power such magics as parts of their portfolio, but they would have specific locations at points within the Sphere -- perhaps close, perhaps tens to hundreds of millions of miles away.