RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 13th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4256
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
UPDATE

I am reopening applications for a Town Called Sweetwater. The current status is: a band of adventurers gathered in the frontier town of Sweetwater and were tasked by the Mayor, a wizard named Gordy, to find a missing person. In the course of tracking an apparent abductor, they came to a cave in the hillside under town and fought and killed a worg, who turned out to be fey-touched, a shapeshifter. They found an entrance into a lost temple, and hopeful that the missing person might be found within, entered and set off a curse which struck three of their party. Those so cursed are bound to the Lost Temple, and apparently at some risk of eventually transformation into undead. The mission now is two fold: find that missing person (Brill Anderson), and lift the curse. One of the party members, a promethean alchemist named Anikka, has just lost her nerve and left the party. But she has returned to the town of Sweetwater to investigate whether any other adventureres might come to aid in the effort.

Current party composition:
- Dwarf brawler
- Halfling ranger
- Half-elf summoner
- Human wizard
- Elf Druid

The game folder is here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18382
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 06:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Bump.
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 01:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
A few other folks have posted Pathfinder games recently. If you weren't able to join one of those, why not consider joining us here?

Sweetwater is a relatively fast-paced, active young campaign.

D&D 5E players are most welcome as well; if Pathfinder is a bit more complex (a slightly old-fashioned in comparison), I and/or my players ... or others on this site ... are happy to help 5E create and polish Pathfinder characters.

Cheers!
- Cat
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 01:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Its been a great game to date, fast paced and well written, strongly encourage those who can keep up with the pace to drop in and create an app for this awesome game. If you can bring somebody with some ability to heal all the better
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 01:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10859
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Still level 1? I might be able to put something together this weekend.
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 06:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, still level 1. Build rules are same as the original post.
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 07:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
All right. Let me see what I can mix up
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 09:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Name: Captain Bart Cobbe, but the Captain part is in question
Race: Human
Class: Rogue- Scout Archetype

Description: A large man with a booming voice and a hearty chuckle. He is starting to turn towards middle age after a life of living large and wild and it shows in his growing waist size. Dressed in a deep red cloak and leathers, he wears an usual tricorn hat with a large ostrich dyed ostrich feather to which when asked, he replies with a soft chuckle and the simple answer, A memento. Despite his large size and outfit, he manages to move very quietly and seems to disappear whenever an angry woman comes after him.

Well he calls himself a Captain, he has a complete lack of any military bearing and carries no badges, medals, or anything else that seems to indicate if he actually was a Captain. He always look like he is ready to move on, his pack is never from away. A pistol seems to constantly be stuck in his belt and a straight cutlass on his hips however he walks with a swagger of one who know how to defend himself in a fight.

Personality:Loud, friendly and a little dwarf touch is how most see Captain Bart, however if that is all they notice, they miss a lot underneath. Despite appearing a little as a drunken loud-mouth, he is actually quite intelligent and calculating preferring to let misconception make foes underestimate him. He prefers privacy both for himself and others, and rarely questions a clients deeper movement no matter how implausible it their reasoning is. That being said, he is a kinder soul. Outright heinous crimes against people and pets have caused him to raise a blade in their defense.

He has a deep respect for the dangers of natures, and seems most at home camping under the stares. He makes friends easily and deeply loyal to those he guides or considers allies. Attempts to pry into his past are meet with deflections and half answers that never really shows. He is often motivated by material rewards, but he always weighs the prize against his life. He would rather live another day than to die in a pile of gold. He has a mistrust of both magic and extreme technology simply as something he is unable to control or understand than any fear of them.

Background: Captain Bart is somewhat of a mysterious loner simply for the fact he wanders around. He works a guide often leading prospectors, scholars, and other explorers into wilderness and these often lead him into new places. Rolling into town he drinks and gambles well finding a new client before it all repeats again. What he did in the past is a bit of a mystery, but it seems he has spent a lifetime doing odd jobs in a dozen different professions before moving on. The few details seem that people gather seem to show that some of them have been rather bloody and maybe not entirely legal. He claims to be from a small Azerkan village, but never really nails down which one.

Captain Bart Build10, 16, 10, 14, 13, 14
HP 8

Skills all Rank 1 8 for class, +2 for Int, +1 for Human, +1 for favored class, 12 total+2 Background
Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Intimidate, Perception, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Swim, Profession Guide, Survival, Knowledge Nature ( (Background- Knowledge Geography, Profession Sailor)

Feats- Animal Lover, Weapon Proficiency Light Bladed Weapons

Traits- Nomadic (Survival), Armor Expert

Gear, Machete, Studded Leather, Pistol, 10 Alchemical Cartidge Paper Shots, MW Thieves Tools, Rogue's Kit (Upgrade Thieves to MW), 25 gold left over
Hope everyone is well! Thursday afternoon is IRL (Or Discord for now) Gaming Group and teaching until 3:00 PM weekdays. Posting will be infrequent during those times but I will probably be checking in on my phone if it is urgent.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; Feb 22nd, 2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 10:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hi, Mighty.

A few points of feedback:

1) as a 1st level character, he would not actually be a captain.

2) re: his age, while its fine starting him older than the average 1st level character, consider that the way I am running this game, we will alternate between chapters and interludes. During the interludes, about 6 months in-game might go by. So if you stick with the game, the characters will age some number of years as we play. If you start close to Middle Age you'll pass that mark at some point and get these stats changes:

–1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha

That's just a heads up.

3) The rogue class is fine and Scout is a straightforward (more aggressive) variant. You are welcome to go with the unchained base class:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/unc...gue-unchained/

There is a brawler in the game who also will do some sneak attack damage .. and the two of you are sure to become friends maneuvering around foes to help each other flank whenever possible. :-)

Since you are starting a little later than the other players, build with +150gp -- but otherwise as a normal 1st level character.

Continue with the build... Traits, optional drawback, feats?
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 10:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I completely understand. He simply calls himself Captain during introductions. I don't intend for him to have any actual rank or position of authority now or in the past.

I will take a look at Unchained and the age is fine.

Yup. I will see what I can get together.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; Feb 22nd, 2020 at 10:55 AM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 12:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Updated it with build information.
Hope everyone is well! Thursday afternoon is IRL (Or Discord for now) Gaming Group and teaching until 3:00 PM weekdays. Posting will be infrequent during those times but I will probably be checking in on my phone if it is urgent.
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 12:11 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10712
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
I see that you are allowing spheres of might, is spheres of power also on the table? Also interested and app is gestating.
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 12:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hi Munday. No Spheres of Power at this time. I'm still gradually digesting Spheres of Might and taking on what is for me added complexity one step at a time.
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 03:33 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10712
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Definitely understand. One other quick question, what roles would you say the current characters fill?

Last edited by MundayKnight; Feb 22nd, 2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 04:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Current party composition:
- Dwarf brawler
- Halfling ranger
- Half-elf summoner
- Human wizard
- Elf Druid