twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 24th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 476
olhado olhado olhado olhado olhado
Unless Garrett's face is made of Algae chips, I see no reason for his face to be consumed in any way. Such pessimism seems like a deficiency of Mandatory Fun? I will make sure to keep a close watch on you, fellow citizen. For your sake.
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 04:47 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10660
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming23 View Post
Sounds good to me. That gives Garrett time to think about his life choices too before he gets his face eaten off on monday.
Garrett? That name does not conform to Friend Computers standard protocol for official designations. Answering to a designation that does not conform to standard protocol sounds like the sort of thing that only someone in a ”Secret Society“ would do. I can’t say for sure, because I have never been in a ”Secret Society.” Perhaps it would help if I passed all of this on to Friend Computer. After all, since Friend Computer knows all and sees all, I’m sure he’ll have no problem determining if such wanton disregard for carefully formulated official designations is behavior indicative of a ”Secret Society.” Don’t worry, I'll be certain to make sure Friend Computer knows that this information came from you so that you receive your well-deserved termination relocation.
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 05:09 PM
Mature-ish Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkin View Post
Since the number of new applications has slowed down, I'm thinking about pushing up the application deadline to July 26th. Please let me know if that would be a problem for anyone.
In light of the lack of objections, the deadline to apply is now July 26th at 12:00 pm (noon) EST.

This is also the deadline for reporting any further incompetence, insubordination, and/or treason on that part of the other applicants.

Applicants are also free to create patriotic odes to The Computer, or to compose an epic, genre-bending rap-opera about High Programmer Ham-U-LTN, and his murder at the hands of nefarious Commie mutant traitor Aaron-B-URR.

Last edited by Talkin; Jul 24th, 2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 01:42 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9272
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Alas I wasn't able to get something up in time! So excited to see a solid number of players joining up though. I will lurk and watch this game, and perhaps at a later point I will have the time to join something like this!
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 03:04 PM
Mature-ish Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hey all, thanks to everyone who applied! I will review the apps and make a final decision later today.
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 08:09 AM
Mature-ish Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hi all, I sent out PMs to everyone about acceptance decisions for the game. There were alot of great applications and you made it very tough to choose. Here is a link to the game forum.

Thank you all again for applying.
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 08:20 AM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7369
bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers
Will also be lurking - need a break after Outplay! But will be watching with interest
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 05:49 PM
Mature-ish Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

I am looking for 2-3 new players to join this game in progress. Please see the first post in this applications thread for info about the game and how to apply. I will keep the applications open until at least 4/30/21, and possibly longer depending on how much interest there is.

The main game thread is HERE if you would like to look around. Feel free to post questions here or to PM me.

Friend Computer wants you to have fun. Fun Is Mandatory. Failure to have fun is treason. Treason is punishable by summary execution. Have a nice daycycle!

Last edited by Talkin; Apr 23rd, 2021 at 05:53 PM.
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 08:49 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9649
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Still reading around the threads a little to see what might fit best in the current group but I have an idea of what I'd run, and I was sad I had to give this a pass on applying originally so this is an opportunity I have to take. Will post a character soon.

Also, never played Paranoia before and don't have any resources for it, hope that's not a problem?

Last edited by HotsuSama; Apr 25th, 2021 at 08:53 PM.
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 10:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4413
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsuSama View Post
Also, never played Paranoia before and don't have any resources for it, hope that's not a problem?
It hasn't been for me, I've never played either. So far it's actually pretty rules light.... except for the rules set forth by Great Computer, which are inviolable.
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 11:26 PM
Mature-ish Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsuSama View Post
Still reading around the threads a little to see what might fit best in the current group but I have an idea of what I'd run, and I was sad I had to give this a pass on applying originally so this is an opportunity I have to take. Will post a character soon.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing your application.

No prior experience with Paranoia is necessary, and you don’t need to have any books/materials. In fact, showing excessive knowledge of the “rules” could be considered a form of treason...
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 09:35 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Form 639-D4/ rev. 12.8, Application for New Troubleshooter Commission and Assignment
right-aligned image
Designation: Siobhan-R-XTZ-1

Appearance
[X] Non-mutant
- Unremarkable, dour features
- Red hair; borderline treasonous in Infrared clearance, but acceptable in new security status
- Slender digits, proven useful for device management tasks (and retrieving lost screws from between hallway panels)
Personality
[X] Option 2: I am heavily medicated so as to feel happy about all aspects of my life in Alpha Complex

Strong skills
[X] Stealth
[X] Hardware

Weak skills
[X] Management
[X] Violence

Service group:
[X] Power Services
- Demonstrated proficiency for fine and small-scale part management and maintenance in common machinery
- Aptitude for electronics, esp. wiring maintenance
- Doesn't ask questions about oxygen levels
- Can say 'fecal pipe' without giggling
Secret society:
[X] None evident (pending further benevolent observation by Friend Computer)

Testimonial of Loyalty

First, I want to write that I loved food vat scraping. It's such a good job. Very satisfying and my back never felt better after a full daycycle shift. I'm really happy that Friend Computer gave me extra clearance and trusts me enough to work on shinier machines, but sometimes I honestly wish I could go back.

Lem-ING-1 would sometimes scrape the vats near me. They were good at the work too, and really happy about it. But I think they wanted to graduate in clearance even more, because they tried to frame me for sabotage. Honestly! I can't believe these sorts of people exist when we're all supposed to be part of Friend Computer's family. And only because they saw me inspecting some exposed wiring behind a panel that was open when I got there.

I resolved to test Lem-ING-1's loyalty before they could slander mine. As luck would have it, one of the wires spontaneously severed itself at that point, causing a momentary blackout. I took the opportunity in the clamour to conduct a cursory and impromptu search of Lem-ING-1's pockets and pack, but found nothing - nonetheless, I immediately called for assistance from a higher-security helper to arrange a follow-up search for both of us. Luckily, my earnest pleas overrode Lem-ING-1's lies. What was found on their person? Why, the bolts that were supposed to secure that panel in the first place! This was absolutely shocking. Naturally, Lem-ING-1 was immediately silenced and removed for formal assessment.

This act of public service apparently has promoted me to Red clearance. I accept the new responsibilities. Food vat cleaning was a good job though. The smell will stay with me whenever I recuperate in my relaxation pod.

Addendums
- A fictionalised encounter with a secret society rendered in a treasonous Asian fantasy world

Last edited by HotsuSama; Apr 26th, 2021 at 10:19 PM. Reason: I insulted an Indigo officer and have had that seditious clone liquidated as a public service.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 09:46 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2400
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
I don't have any idea ho Lem-I-NGX is based on, obvs, but whoever he is, he should be very happy that he's Indigo status, though I'd watch out if I were you, he's of very high status and could easily get you disintegrated. Also, he sounds awesome.

FYII is for Indigo status (high up!), Infrareds get no initial for status[, so he'd just be Lem-NGX-1 as an infra. Also, very happy to see you joining in! Can't wait to report you for termination as a traitorous mutant and terminate you myself extreme prejudice work with you for the good of Alpha Complex. Paranoia is easy to pick up, but if you have any questions or aren't sure of something, Talkin is awesome and I'd be happy to help too. Like, say, if you wanted to know more about your secret society and mutant power, just PM me to tell me what they are. *innocent*

Playing: Gaeseric, Cosmic Champion; Snick-R-DDL-2, Troubleshooter. Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 10:16 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
Ah dangit, I thought it'd be I for Infrared and it just fit too well. I hereby submit myself for the complementary re-education procedure provided by R&D's cerebral experimentation team.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 10:24 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 487
Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault
I'll get an up soon!