RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 26th, 2021, 10:41 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2360
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somersault View Post
I'll get an up soon!
Woohoo! There's also a slightly smaller chance than our other game that I something will eat your face off too!

Playing: Gaeseric, Cosmic Champion; Snick-R-DDL-2, Troubleshooter. Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 11:39 AM
Mature-ish Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3557
Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somersault View Post
I'll get an up soon!
Great, looking forward to it.

And for the record, no one has had their face eaten off in this game.

Now, has anyone had their faced burned off with scalding hot coffee from an irate vending machine... maybe. And did that person live... yes. And were they summarily executed shortly thereafter for damaging valuable Alpha Complex property (to wit, one vending machine) and/or being a mutant and/or traitor... maybe. The point is, everything is fine here.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 10:02 AM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2360
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkin View Post
and for the record, no one has had their face eaten off in this game.
yet.

Playing: Gaeseric, Cosmic Champion; Snick-R-DDL-2, Troubleshooter. Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 10:37 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 487
Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault
Application!
Name: Karen-R-JAM-1
Appearance:
right-aligned image
Karen is...unremarkable. Karen has black hair, which she maintains so as to keep it neat enough for the needs of the computer, but not so much that it becomes exceptionally well-maintained.
Personality (check one):

Option 2: I am heavily medicated so as to feel happy about all aspects of my life in Alpha Complex

Karen believes in a healthy dose of medication to keep the natural loyalty of all those within Alpha Complex to Friend Computer.
Identify two skills you are good at:
- Wetware. Karen believes that understanding the body is key to serving Friend Computer best as possible. Also, cooking.
- Software. Understanding the intricate systems that allow Friend Computer to do it's job so well are among the best ways to do exactly what the Computer wishes to do.
Identify two skills you are not good at:
- Hardware. The only bot Karen works well with is Friend Computer. And only if Friend Computer considers Friend Computer a bot.
- Violence. Violence is only needed for Traitors.
Service Group Assignment: Housing Preservation and Development & Mind Control (HPD&MC) - Throughout her existence in Alpha Complex, Karen has served ably in ensuring the physical wellbeing of fellow residents of Alpha Complex, wehther it be examining their bodies for any signs that they are mutants, or assuaging their mental needs by providing them the medication they need to be in full service to Friend Computer once more.
Secret Society:
Roleplaying Sample: Karen never considered herself a tattletale. Of course, loyalty to Friend Computer was paramount, and if being loyal meant ensuring that all in the medbay complied with the standards set out by Friend Computer, from hair to dress to demeanor to dress to behavior to posture to voice, well, Karen was simply behaving as a resident of Alpha Complex should. It was far from a glamorous job, but it was a steady job, a job that made Karen feel all the more fulfilled through her work in the Medbay. Even if that work was occasionally simply putting algae chips on the grievously wounded so that at least before their clones emerged, their last moments would be spent with the delicious smell of the algae chips wafting through their nostrils. Or because the medbay supplies were low.

But really, Karen's promotion to Red level was a simple one. During a perfectly pleasant conversation with Yumiko-ART-1, a fellow infrared orderly/nurse/doctor/medical expert/test subject in the Medbay, Karen noticed that there was...something different about Yumiko's behavior. Fist, she looked at her face. Had she simply had one bag of algae chips too many, and was now undergoing Bloating-Induced Death? Next, she looked at her body, not with envy, no, that certainly was not it, but fear! Was it possible that Yumiko had gotten her body modified in a way that would upset Friend Computer? Karen couldn't say for certain, but it felt like a fast-approaching possibility.

Part of one's duty as an orderly/nurse/doctor/medical/test subject was to react quickly, so after she waved off Yumiko with a smile, Karen immediately filed an error report.It was difficult, but it had to be done.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 09:36 AM
Mature-ish Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Somersault: Many thanks for the application! It looks great! One small note. You picture shows you wearing all-white clothing, The available Security Clearances are color-coded. From lowest to highest, they are:

Infrared (Black)
Red <-- You Are Here
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet
Ultraviolet (White)
which is is reserved for the Ultraviolets--the highest security clearance citizens in Alpha Complex. Wearing clothing of a color above your security clearance is, of course, treason.

So, you can either: a) get a new picture; or b) use photoshop (or MS Paint or the like) to de-treason-ize the outfit by making it primarily red. For reference, here is what loyal troubleshooter Phil-R-CHE-2 did when his original outfit contained unauthorized shades of yellow and blue:

left-aligned image
Before (Treasonous)
left-aligned image
After (Double-Plus Good) (and, his scarf appears to be made out of groud meat, which is quite fashionable these days)

Last edited by Talkin; Apr 30th, 2021 at 09:43 AM.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 06:18 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 487
Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault
Better?

Old Apr 30th, 2021, 07:14 PM
Mature-ish Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Perfect!
Old May 2nd, 2021, 06:26 PM
Mature-ish Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
HotsuSama and Somersault:

After a rigorous application review process, Friend Computer has determined that both of you meet expectations in most categories, and would like to invite both of you to join Alpha Complex's newest Troubleshooter team.

Welcome to the game. I've sent you each a PM about next steps.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 09:58 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9549
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Friend Computer has my eternal gratitude! Well, it did already, but you know, more so now.