Other Graves Left Wanting: A Mörk Borg Adventure - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 27th, 2021, 10:33 PM
Two-Headed Basilisk

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3857
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Graves Left Wanting: A Mörk Borg Adventure

EDITED 4/20 - Recruitment Reopened
RECRUITMENT IS OPEN (AGAIN)!

As it often goes with PBP, our original group has suffered some attrition, and we’re now looking to add 2 (+/-) new PCs to the party. Please follow the original application instructions below. You can get a feel for the play style and catch up on the group’s adventures thus far by reading any of the Game Threads, here.

Applications will remain open until 4/30 at the latest, but may close sooner if we receive enough solid submissions before then. Thanks for looking!
Game NameGraves Left Wanting: A Mörk Borg Adventure
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeDeath, devilry, and the impending apocalypse.
FlavourA doom metal album of a game. A spiked flail to the face. Light on rules, heavy on everything else.
Plot Summary
left-aligned image
One day all will blacken and burn. Just as the Two-Headed Basilisks have predicted. The world is dying, time is short. An immense cemetery, older and greater than memory, Graven-Tosk sits in Sarkash like a festering scab. To the east, the Shadow King’s manse looms always, impossibly equidistant. Although abandoned since the palace's ruination, bodies somehow keep finding their way inside. All the while, living and unliving attempt to claw their way out.

Graves Left Wanting is a short Mörk Borg Adventure for 3-5 miserable heretics, published under Mörk Borg's sub-label for selected, approved and curated content written by fans (Mörk Borg Cult or MBC). PCs will fight to their last breath to escape the sprawling cemetery Graven-Tosk before the sun dies and all is drowned welcome silence. How will you face these last days?

As far as I can tell, this will be the first Mörk Borg game played on RPG Crossing. As such, this game will function as a kind of play-test, to see how well the system runs as PBP, and to determine whether a longer campaign is warranted. PCs will awaken in an open grave within Graven-Tosk. Priority one will be escape, but plundering silver and other valuables will be a close second. When a PC dies (and they will), they'll generate a new character and rejoin the rest of the party. That's not to say death will come without consequence; each player death will activate one of the game's terrible Miseries, the seventh of which always means total annihilation.

I am looking for 3-5 players able to maintain a rate of ~2 posts/week. Applications will remain open until 2/5.
Application RequirementsTo apply, please provide the following details:
  • Name
  • Class (Any from the core book or MBC publications is fine.)
  • Description (What does your character look like? What is their personality like? Consider using Terrible Traits, Broken Bodies, and Bad Habits from the core book's optional tables as a starting point. You can include a picture if you like.)
  • RP Sample describing how your character wound up laying unconscious in a grave (If you're having trouble, consider using one of the Troubling Tales from the core book's optional tables as a starting point.)
Please mark your application as "Complete" at the top of the post when finished.

I appreciate that Mörk Borg is a relatively new system, so prior experience playing the game is not required. Additionally, a handy one-page rules reference is available to players for free on the Mörk Borg website under the "Give me content!" section. While I highly recommend picking up the actual core book (it's an absolute blast), this reference should be sufficient for playing the game. The only aspect not covered in the rules reference is character creation, which (if you're not picky) can be done randomly with the click of a button using the free Scvmbirther character generator.

Last edited by Mallothi; Apr 20th, 2021 at 09:26 PM.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 12:47 AM
E X • N O X • L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5653
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
Mörk me very interested, Mallothi!

COMPLETE!
First Sacrifice
right-aligned image
Name: Vort
Class: Cursed Skinwalker
Description: Buried under all those bundles of fur, it would be hard to distinguish Vort from that of a small child when perceived at first glance. But a child would not be so hairy. A child would not have sunken yellow eyes and sharp yellow teeth, sometimes dripping with slaver. A child would not have so many misplaced bones under that gaunt, pale skin...

Being so wild and disheveled, Vort has few friends, if at all. He won't gain any points in a noble court; not by a long shot. Vort wouldn't have the words to articulate himself in a way that was received well by others, even if his recent transformation has made a tad more... contemplative... in nature. The graves are as much home to him as any other place, as he seeks to find answers to why he struggles with such an inner turmoil, and he lashes out in rage at any who would deign to get in his way...

RP Sample:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vort.png
Views:	293
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	89311  

Last edited by ElderOblex; Jan 28th, 2021 at 07:53 PM.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 05:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1881
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Good stuff! I tried to start Devil's Tomb with my buddies as an introduction but IRL life is a b***h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderOblex View Post
Mörk me very interested, Mallothi!
Eheheheh..

Lygan - Probably COMPLETE
right-aligned image

Name: Lygan
Class: Gutterborn Scum
Background:As a child, you were raised by rats in the gutters of Grift.
An ill star smiled upon your birth. Poverty, crime and bad parenting didn’t help either. In your community an honest day’s work was never an option. Not that you ever tried, what are you, some kind of mug? A razor blade and a moonless night are worth a week of chump-work.

Description: "Worried and prone to substance abuse. One hand lacks thumb and index finger, grips like a lobster. Best friend is a skull. Carry it with you, tell it everything, you trust no one more."

Scrawny and ugly, and dressed barely better than most beggars, Lygan screams "troble!" to anyone with a few coins in their pockets. Greasy black hair fall down on his shoulders, framing a square face with suspicious eyes that look sideways everyone they pass by.

RP Sample:

Sheet

I felt I wanted more omens than good stats, I got what I wanted halfways: neither, but that's the charm of the game

Last edited by Ursinorum; Jan 28th, 2021 at 11:23 AM.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 11:03 AM
Two-Headed Basilisk

Tools
User Statistics
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
So far so good, you would-be heretics. Be sure to add a few details above and beyond what the scvmbirther spits out for your Description. I don't expect a novel; just enough to paint a picture of the character's physical appearance and personality. Same deal for the RP Sample: a brief original story about how your character wound up in Graven-Tosk.

Please mark your application as "Complete" at the top of the post when finished. Thanks!
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 10:03 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 384
Gilgameshi Gilgameshi Gilgameshi Gilgameshi
Hello there!

I'm not exactly a "doom metal" fan, and did not know this game existed before, but I imagine it would be a ton of fun! As well as gore and death, but hey.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Haerü
Class: Fanged Deserter
Background: Lazy and ruthless. Cataract slowly but surely spreading in both eyes. Gambling addict. Must bet every day. If you lose, raise and bet again.

Description: Haerü is big, bald, and a bully, with bad eyes and a badder attitude. He isn't the brightest boy in Tveland, but boy can he bust heads. His splint armor and the bow slung around one pauldron lends his already imposing figure even more weight, but time has not been kind to them, or him. He despises honest work, and thinks he can get away with just one more bet at the dice tables. He remembers being destitute, sleeping with curs in the corner of an inn, waiting for his mother to return. She never did. Haerü learned a valuable lesson that night; you don't for things to be given to you. You take.

RP Sample:

Sheet

Last edited by Gilgameshi; Jan 29th, 2021 at 01:12 AM.
Old Jan 31st, 2021, 06:31 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
Kror Kror
COMPLETE

Name: Grin
Class: Occult Herbmaster
Description: Nihilistic and cowardly. Hands caked with sores from working the land. Won't use a blade without testing it on your own flesh. Arms knitted with scars. Eyes sunken from old age, and years of reading ancient texts about herbs and potions. He once was one of the most respected and sought after herbmasters on his island.

RP Sample:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Occult Herbmaster - Grin.pdf (290.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Kror; Jan 31st, 2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old Feb 1st, 2021, 01:48 PM
Two-Headed Basilisk

Tools
User Statistics
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED (ISH)!

Graves Left Wanting: A Mörk Borg Adventure is underway

With 4 really solid applications submitted, I've decided to close this ad early and kick off the game right away. If anyone else wants to join, shoot me a PM before the posted 2/5 application deadline and (with a decent RP sample) we'll find a way to loop you into the game as we go.

Thanks for the interest & happy gaming!

Last edited by Mallothi; Feb 1st, 2021 at 01:50 PM.
Old Apr 20th, 2021, 09:30 PM
Two-Headed Basilisk

Tools
User Statistics
RECRUITMENT IS OPEN (AGAIN)!

As it often goes with PBP, our original group has suffered some attrition, and we’re now looking to add 2 (+/-) new PCs to the party. Please follow the original application instructions, here. You can get a feel for the play style and catch up on the group’s adventures thus far by reading any of the Game Threads, here.

Applications will remain open until 4/30 at the latest, but may close sooner if we receive enough solid submissions before then.

Thanks for looking & happy gaming!
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 09:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1881
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
I can testify that this is the fastest moving game I have been in since I joined this website,

Mallothi's narration made for a very fun and compelling game!
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 02:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12646
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursinorum View Post
Mallothi's narration made for a very fun and compelling game!
I can only second that. Mallothi is an excellent GM and though I am not part of this particular game of his, I urge everyone with an interest in the dark and bloody world of Mörk Borg to join!
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 02:55 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2204
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Posting interest, I'll try to have something up later tonight!
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 09:44 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2204
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
right-aligned image
Name: Yaal Ok’Thul (Vitriolic Drowns the Flesh)
Class: Pale One
Description: Yaal Ok’thul is truly a creature foreign to the soil of this dying world. Covered in a bone-like carapace, Yaal’thul is nonetheless hardly tougher than most terrestrial creatures. Yaal exudes an air of distaste for the fleshlings of this dying world almost as potent as any blade. He has hated the fleshlings of this filthy world since he was forced to dwell upon it, and mutters forgotten truths of atrocities that may yet be under his breath. He is proud, arrogant, spiteful and filled with a lust to see this world crumble, tempered by the knowledge that he has to bear the fate of the wretched realm he hates.

Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 10:47 AM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5203
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
I'd like to try my hand at this! When it comes to metal, I usually aim for power metal or death metal; but I'll give doom a listen.

COMPLETE

COMPLETE

Name: Brinta
Class: Gutterborn Scum
Description: Brinta is a young woman who's seen a lot of what the world has to offer, and it shows. She's starved, gaunt, pale; neither food nor the sun was ever fulfilling. She's wiry and long-limbed like a spider that just crawled out of the dirtiest sewer-pipe around and crawls about with a similar gait. She's tall, but makes herself small; often opting to walk close to the ground on her toes and just one hand. Her off-hand is always at the hilt of a jagged broken sword that drips with something that it's poison or blood, but twice as vile as either. This wretch is endlessly aggravated, and despite her appearances and smell - endlessly arrogant. What gives her a thrill more than anything is to make a bet. She does it every day, and doubles down even if she loses.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6C19204B-CA68-44D6-AE24-064F0B2D7934.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	90689  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf thing.pdf (296.1 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Inuvash255; Apr 23rd, 2021 at 09:53 AM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 09:57 PM
Eternally Snacking Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2623
NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese NightCheese
COMPLETE

BÖRDA
right-aligned image
Name:Börda Skoog
Class:Esoteric Hermit
Background:You remember awakening, adult, in a ritual circle.

The stone of your cave is one with the stars. Silence and perfection. Now the chaos of a fallen world disturbs your rituals and the caul of night grows blacker than your cavern’s gloom. Irritating!

Description: Börda is arrogant and wasteful. Born of a new moon ritual beneath the northern bridge to Grift, she is an adult with the entitledness of youth, with not much to show for it. She is starved - gaunt and pale. Her gray skin is practically translucent, and purple veins visibly tug and twist against its thinness.

Long, stringy, filthy hair hangs from her head, sticking against her constantly damp skin. Her appearance, and stench, would make one believe she's just been running from something. Her movements are convulsive and twitchy. She picks at the fresh tattoos on her skin constantly, another product of the ritual that brought her consciousness to this body.

Her voice is quiet and raspy. She has a dry throat with a thirst that can never be quite quenched.

RP Sample:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Esoteric Hermit - Börda.pdf (288.0 KB, 8 views)
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 11:51 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5879
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
COMPLETE

Dauhvít
right-aligned image

Name Dauhvít Hálfviti

Class Heretical Priest

Description : The cold waste of Her, Anthellia, demands what flesh I have until pale skin is ever tight, so tight, against my bones. I gaze at the crazily meandering purple lines of blood underneath. How to feed thy flesh Athellia? Bugs I say. Those that skitter into the cervices. Oh, they were so much harder to pry from ice then this soft place, yet my fingers are still black, nails twinged right until I nick them off with my crooked and broken teeth. But the bugs, my, they be worth it. What is dying without a bit of indulgence when one survives an Inquisition when all others succumb - rotten faithless hat-less fools. Could they not crawl? Could they not run? Who shall steal Anthellia Color from this dying place? I shall. I shall. I shall. So says the Mitre. It may be crummy, threadbare, golden glinting in the wane light, but it is mine. And whence it is on my head, more than bugs have little chance. Roll over I say. Roll over and let me crack your carapace to see if there is enough color to bring back to Anthellia. I'll pry it out with my bloodied fingertips.

RP Sample :

We were blaspheming against Two Headed. Wallowing in the despair of this hot place so far from our cold glittering black city. Unable to crane our necks, split our eyes, and wonder over a glimpse of the Blood-Countess as we strove in heretical fashion for Her. The world would be hers and we would gladly succumb to that end. Strip it of color. And that is how they found us. Planning and scanning, hunting and scratching for our mistress.

The Inquisition did not walk quietly into our gathering dark. Their swords, and axes, and clubs were bright with my brethren's blood and so I did the best by them that I could. I pulled my Mitre upon my head down low, pinching ears and brow until I was invisible. And quietly, carefully, solemnly fled the bloodshed and mayhem. One must live to carry our Bloody Anthellia's will forward. No good would have been done by dying then. Death would be better in Anthellia's dark. When blood and black serpents rise from the cracking world.

I went as far as I could. Hounded by Two Head's inquisitory maladjusted who somehow deliberated my escape. Deep did I have to run to beat their clawing eyes. Past the circle of dead trees with bark so thin that it provided no sustenance. But sustenance was near at hand. One need only dig. Oh the plentiful within Graven-Tosk. Dig. Dig. Dig. Eat. Eat Eat.

Bug belly full I lay finally to rest, hidden scrunched between the walls of two stone mausoleums. The toes of my worn worthy boots peeking just barely out over the edge of the hole I had dug keeping silent watch as I slept and dreamed of returning to the cold north with things of color for Anthellia to drain.

Last edited by GeneT; Apr 22nd, 2021 at 11:57 PM.