twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 02:33 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 737
SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta
Alright, since I see no humans I'll probably reserve this spot for a classic human fighter and write something up as soon as I'm home. What's your preferred stat rolling method?

As for sidekicks and followers I won't ask for them if it's too much bother (most DMs don't want to bother tracking them lol) but outside of having a few servant purely for roleplay and not combat I always liked how ad&d and the leadership feat from Pathfinder did it. You know, with a right hand man npc that was a few levels bellow you, and a larger formation of artisants, servants and low level fighters you didn't send to fight a dragon or do your quest but were instead used for guard duty, intimidation factor, status symbol and abstract battles, for example your mercenaries engage the orc rank and file in the background while you and the party fight the warchief and his honor guard.

Also, for traits, bonds and flaws do we use only the ones from the background or are we free to make up our own?

Last edited by SinnerBeta; Feb 3rd, 2021 at 05:12 AM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 04:06 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 384
Gilgameshi Gilgameshi Gilgameshi Gilgameshi
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Shadow of the Storm
Race: Tabaxi
Class: Rogue
Background: Sailor
Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality traits: There's nothing I like more than a good mystery or treasure hunt. There's nothing I hate more than tyrants.

Ideal: Discovery. The wind behind your back and the taste of adventure in your mouth; those are the things I live for!

Bond: My former crewmates were lost in a storm, and I alone survived.

Flaw: Gold, you say? Do tell me more!

Personality: Sailing the high seas gave Shadow of the Storm, or "Sots" as her crew referred to her, an almost ever-present thirst for adventure and discovery. Finding unmapped territories and lost treasures from wrecks under the sea filled her nights of drinking and storytelling, which were some of her favorite moments in her profession. Sots imagined herself getting filthy rich from looting and plundering these ancient treasures and artifacts. However, suffering from pirates on her maiden voyage with her crew corrected that naivete. She still enjoys the same things, as well as exchanging tales and testing wits, but her sense of adventure has been tempered by the reality that all is not fun and fantasy in a life like hers. As a result, she feels quite strongly against those who have been similarly assaulted and oppressed by evil, tyrannical, and opportunistic forces, especially those who prey upon the weak or helpless. She knows what that feels like, having been lost at sea hanging on to nothing but a wooden plank for several days.

Appearance: Lithe and wiry, Shadow of the Storm has light copper fur with sleek black streaks and striking verdant eyes. Long, luscious locks of jet black fall from her fetching head down to below her chest. A few pieces of jewelry adorn her nose and cat ears, common among sailor-folk. She might be a little rough of speech compared to the typical landlubber, but makes up for it with the most charming grin, brandishing her two rows of perfectly white, unbelievably sharp feline teeth. She walks with a feminine and feline grace, loping like a confident predator even though she only stands at a full height of 5'1" and weighing a little more than a hundred pounds. Her torso is protected by a sleek leather vest, then embellished by a simple white linen shirt. An unadorned rapier and two daggers hang beside her hip on a belt strap, while a bow and full quiver is slung across her shoulders, along with a backpack filled with supplies.

About the Player:
I am quite new to TTRPGs and only got familiar with it by watching others play. I grew up reading fantasy novels, then anime/manga, then to moved on to role-play gaming. Then the pandemic hit.

What do you expect of me as the DM, and what are you looking forward in the adventure?
Fun times, shiny loot, and memorable stories!

Are you a player who loves roleplaying and engaging in diplomacy?
I think I like the excitement of combat (whether by sword or word), and moments of both light humor and heavy drama; all essential elements of a good story! Diplomacy would defer to characters' and situational elements, I think.

Posting Rate:
I can manage 3 good posts per week, excluding weekends.

Last edited by Gilgameshi; Feb 3rd, 2021 at 09:12 PM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 04:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 890
Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf
Hey @Dechado, thanks for the feedback! I've picked the bond from the ones offered by dndbeyond based on background (and how I see her developing in the future) - I'll come round and create bespoke one more tailored to Krisstina.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 10:00 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1203
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
@SinnerBeta
-I like Point Buy, but you're allowed to do the one you prefer: Point Buy, Standard Array, or Rolling. (If you're rolling, don't do it in this thread. We'll have a thread for that later)
-You're allowed to have the followers that the background gives. This is PbP, so I don't have any problem keeping track of them.
-You're free to make up your Personality. I only ask Bond to be specific to something I can use against your character.

@Gilgameshi
-Welcome. Just need the image of your character.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 10:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
" -I like Point Buy, but you're allowed to do the one you prefer: Point Buy, Standard Array, or Rolling. (If you're rolling, don't do it in this thread. We'll have a thread for that later)"
I noticed this in the opening post, right now I'm asking what's your preferred rolling method, as in is 4d6 drop the lowest, 3d6, 7+d8, or something else? But if your preferred method is point buy and most people to go with it then I'll will too to keep the PCs balanced with each other.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 10:48 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1042
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Axe-Wielding Fighter
right-aligned image
Kyrie Amberhide
Name: Kyrie Amberhide

Race: Human (Variant)

Class: Fighter

Background: Folk Hero

Traits:
-If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.
-When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.

Ideal: Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. (Good)

Bond: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Flaw: I'm convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.

Personality: Being the daughter of a woodsman, Kyrie is humble yet big-hearted. Growing up in a small village, surrounded by other villagers and her family members, Kyrie has a modest and demure disposition, and due to her living in a small community, she never hesitates to help others, no matter what. She is someone who never complains while doing something, and is willing to lend her help, from a close friend to a complete stranger. Due to certain events that made her leave her village to embark on her journey, she believes that she has some kind of destiny awaiting her, and this makes her overestimates herself in the grand scheme of things.

Appearance: Kyrie is a big girl, standing at 5'8" and she has quite a toned figure due to her working to collect woods as a woodswoman. Her hair is fairly short so that it won't get in her way. Her choice of clothing is made of protective materials which allow her to move freely. Being a woodswoman, she is armed with an axe and uses a wooden shield for her own protection.

About the Player:

What do you expect of me as the DM, and what are you looking forward in the adventure?
I'm looking forward for an interesting game where not only I get to do some fighting, but also roleplaying.

Are you a player who loves roleplaying and engaging in diplomacy? Or do you like to jump straight into action and focus heavily on combat?
I'm still relatively a beginner in D&D, and I'd like to experience everything D&D has to offer. So, whether it is roleplaying, diplomacy, action and combat, I'm all game.

Are you a casual player, or do you enjoy mix-maxing?
For now, I'd regard myself as a casual player, though I'm certainly not against mix-maxing.

Anything you want to add about yourself. Maybe your own experiences in another adventure, or wisdom you wish to share as a Dungeon Master. Or what about your own rpghorrorstories? You’re free to write as much or as little in this section.
I'm used to PbP format, though I'm still new in D&D. So, I have nothing much to share about rpghorrorstories. Hopefully I get to expand my experience in this game, if I get accepted.

Posting Rate: I can post anytime. I have lots of free time.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 11:12 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Cefrey
Application
Name: Cefrey Halfmoon
*Sheet: (Not needed yet, but you’re free to go ahead and make one)
Race: Human
Class: Wizard
Background: Sage
*Traits: Please don't interrupt me while I'm reading. I can't not know things, it hurts.
*Ideal: If I learn enough I can help anyone.
*Bond: Father was a shady black market dealer, a lot of powerful people owe him favors, and vice versa.
*Flaw: If you ask for help, I won't sleep until I've exhausted all options.
*Personality: Cefrey is a fairly typical wizard, she will read anything she gets her hands on, from garbage street publications to the most arcane of texts. Very diligent in her studies she values study over sleep, and tends to give her best in all her efforts. She cares deeply for people and puts a great amount of value on the sanctity of life despite struggling to hold conversations and form close bonds with others. When she encounters a concept she doesn't know much about it literally forces her to learn more.
Appearance:
right-aligned image

Slim build, long black hair typically worn in a messy bun, pale skin, and a tendency to wear loose flowing robes and clothing.

About the Player:
As a player I enjoy role-playing the most, I really like to get into my character. I enjoy combat when other means don't work out, I like options. I hate min-maxing, I don't want to be the best I just want to fulfill my fantasy needs, perfect characters are boring, flaws and shortcomings are important.

In real life we are about to start a 5e campaign with me as dm, we've almost finished characters and we had a person join just yesterday bringing us up to four players and me. I'm excited but also sad that I don't get to be a player, so I'm here to hopefully find a place for me to play as well! I've never done 5e, I have played in a very limited sense 3.5 and 4e, although both were a long time ago at this point.

I just expect opportunity and inclusion from a dm! I played in a campaign for a dm once that clearly picked favorites, and I wasn't one of them and it was rough. I'm not saying I want the focus on me all the time, but having the chance to step into the spotlight and feel important to the group every now and then would be amazing.

Posting Rate: I am very flexible on this, depending on what is acceptable. I can do multiple times a day at minimum, once in the afternoon when I wake up and once late at night before I go to bed. Possibly one in the middle if work is slow. That is what I am capable of, but by no means do I expect that pace to occur or be realistic for everyone.

Last edited by Cefrey; Feb 3rd, 2021 at 06:51 PM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 11:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 890
Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf
@Dechado, bond updated - let me know if anything else needs addressing.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 02:54 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@SinnerBeta
My bad! 4d6 drop the lowest is fine.

@Arjuna332
-Welcome aboard!

@Cefrey
-I'll do my best to give a spotlight to all of the characters. This is also a learning experience for me, and I want everyone to have as much fun as possible.
-Everything else looks in order.

@Bjorgulf
-Looks good!
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 03:02 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley
Thelamin Application

Hi Dechado,
An official DnD adventure! Seem like gold dust! I would be very keen to jump on board if you still have some spaces/other games.

Thelamin Character Application Name: Thelamin

Sheet:*No sheet yet

Race: High Elf

Class: Wizard

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Background: Noble

Traits:*My favor, once lost, is lost forever.
The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity.

Ideal: Noble Obligation. It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me. (Good)

Bond:I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.

Flaw: I secretly believe that everyone is beneath me.

Personality: Thelamin is a kind and generous son of Lord. He finds comfort and peace in helping commonfolk with their difficulties and uses his magic to solve their problems. However, he secretly loves the attention he receives from those he helps and tries to manipulate the situation in his favour. He wants them to give him a lot of praise and spread the word of his kind nature and helpful hands. He hopes that reputation will spread back to his family and, in particular, his father.

Appearance: Thelamin has long blonde hard and a clean cut face. He is of slender build and stands at 6ft. He wears silk robes, shiny leather boots and has an amulet (family jewel) tucked under his shirt.
right-aligned image
Thelamin

About the Player:
In terms of what I'm looking for is a good mix of combat, social encounters and puzzles. I don't mind if it occasionally is combat heavy or social heavy if that plays into the story. All in all, I'm quite flexible and I'm just looking to be part of a good story with some fun adventurers.
I am fairly new to DnD and PbP so I don't have a lot of experience. However, I am playing a solo campaign currently and just joined a [url="new adventure"]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?p=9037997#post9037997[url], so I am gaining more time roleplaying and being part of another adventure would be great for me.

Posting Rate:*Once again, I am fairly flexible here. I'm probably looking between 1 to 3 posts a week, but I could up it to once a day if the party is keen to do that too.

Last edited by Tfarley; Feb 3rd, 2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 03:13 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 265
UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd
@Dechado, looks like you're getting a lot of applications now!
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 03:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Finished my app and added it to my first post. Since we ended up having a few human apps after all I went out with a dwarf to balance out the elf apps lol.

Last edited by SinnerBeta; Feb 3rd, 2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 04:52 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@Tfarley
-Everything seems in order. Welcome.

@SinnerBeta
-All looks good! Added you to the list!

@UGOTMERCd
-I am lmao
I think I'll end up doing two groups based on the rating post of the group. I'll keep it open so I can start running for the second group once we get enough people again.

[EDIT]
@1st Group
-Will be setting stuff ready for you guys. Will send PMs to the location of the thread when I can. I leave for work in an hour roflmao

@2nd group
-Considering this got popular fast, I'll wait until more people apply and/or the current ones finish their current application. Thanks for the interest and patience! <3

Last edited by Dechado; Feb 3rd, 2021 at 05:05 PM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 06:52 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Cefrey
Ok that only took about nine tries but I got an image in finally! That should have me ready to go!
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 07:51 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 384
Gilgameshi Gilgameshi Gilgameshi Gilgameshi
Excited here!