Wisp Wisp Wisp Wisp Wisp Wisp Wisp
Character Application
right-aligned image
Name: Gaelle Branwen
Race: Protector Aasimar
Class: Cleric(Grave Domain)
Alignment: True Neutral

Background: Courtier
Trait One: I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working towards peace.
Trait Two: I am impeccably polite to all I meet and carry myself with grace and dignity in any situation.
Ideal: Faith. I trust that my deity will guide me to where I'm needed most, and help me to guide others down the right path.
Bond: It is my duty to protect those in my care, no matter the personal cost.
Flaw: I find it difficult to delegate and will overwork myself rather than ask someone for help.

Personality: Genteel and soft-spoken Gaelle is a kind young woman who is used to taking on the role of caretaker and advisor to those around her. Patient and understanding she is often the one people turn to for advice or comfort, a role she's embraced throughout the years with pride. Yet this has lead her to hide her own weaknesses from others and internalize much of her personal struggles or worries. She is used to being a pillar of strength and comfort to those around her, and dropping that persona has become a difficult task in recent years. So difficult in fact that Gaelle has found it difficult to open up to others and ask for help, with so many years of looking after everyone else under her belt she can't quite let others look out for her.

Appearance: Gaelle is a tall and slim woman with soft facial features and pale skin. A perpetual smile on her face she gives off an air of warmth and friendliness only tempered by her piercing silver eyes. She has dark onyx colored hair that brushes her shoulders and is often pulled into a half-up half-down style of some sort. In regards to her attire, she adorns herself in finely tailored clothes died rich blacks and deep blues, accessorized with silver buckles and pins and a small shawl designed to look like feathers.

About the Player:
I suppose I look for a DM that encourages inter-party interaction and knows how to move the story along if things start to bog down. On top of that a DM whose willing to adapt to their players and weave an interesting narrative that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. I also find I prefer GMs who encourage creativity and really let their players think outside of the box and reward the wacky and creative ideas people can come up with...if they're plausible of course and if they aren't a DM who isn't afraid to let their players fail completely and learn from that mistake as the story goes on.

As a player, I adore role-playing and getting into my character's shoes. One reason I really enjoy PBP is that it gives me the chance to pause and think about what my character would actually do in a given situation. While I tend to put role-playing first I enjoy combat and puzzles though I'm admittedly horrible at the latter, that doesn't stop me from trying. In fact, I simply enjoy variety in games, I feel it can get stale if the same sort of scenarios play out one after the other. As for min-maxing, well, I can do it though I typically try not to, as I feel it can take away some of the fun of role-playing. I don't like being good at everything, or really good at one specific thing and sucking at everything else. So no, I don't think I min-max, do I make some optimal decision, yes. But my goal is never to break the game or be the absolute best at something by exploiting game mechanics.

My experience with D&D and role-playing, in general, isn't particularly long but I've played in a fair few campaigns, some of which even finished. I don't have any horror stories, thankfully, but have come to realize that some of the best moments happen when you least expect it. Like using Nolzur's marvelous pigments to paint a door into Lolth's sanctum, or yeeting your catfolk cleric across a pit that was meant to be the exit to a dungeon rather than the entrance. In addition, I've found that I really enjoy building stories with people, and seeing where characters, plots, and random decisions take us. All in all, I role-play to have fun, make memories, and get a few crazy stories to tell to people later.

Posting Rate: As a baseline I aim for 1-2 posts a week, though depending on the pace of the game I'm able to bump that up as needed. Though I doubt I'd ever be able to manage daily posting, save maybe in a combat encounter but that's about it.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 08:37 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1203
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Well that was fast. o_O

I guess I'll launch both groups at the same time.
Almost done setting up most of the threads. Thanks for the patience!

@Wisp
-Hmm. Your username seems familiar. Have we met before? :O
Either way. Welcome!

Last edited by Dechado; Feb 3rd, 2021 at 09:26 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 06:01 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
MisterKent
Hola Dechado! Finally here! Looks like you've got full groups, which is awesome! I'll watch as you get started and maybe hop in if there's a spot later
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 08:24 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
Hey friend! <3
I'll write you down in the potential 3rd group for now.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 01:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1800
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
I would be interested in joining the third group too.

I am looking at making a Mountain Dwarf Wizard who fights in medium armor. This would require being allowed to purchase equipment instead of just going with what is listed for class and background.

Dwarf
right-aligned image
Name: Armmiir Ragmor

Sheet: here

Race: Mountain Dwarf

Class: Wizard

Alignment: Lawful Good

Background: Archaeologist

Personality Traits: Traps don't make me nervous. Idiots who trigger traps make me nervous.

I love a good puzzle or mystery.

*Ideal: Danger. With every great discovery comes grave danger. The two walk hand in hand.

*Bond: I have a friendly rival. Only one of us can be the best, and I aim to prove it's me.

*Flaw: When given the choice of going left or right, I always go left.

Appearance:

About the Player: I have played D&D on and off sine early 80's. I have been playing 5E for a couple years, but only this site. That being said I am still learning it. I like the player interaction and just having a good time. I am not the type of player that likes to set back and let others decide issues, I prefer to take part in both the combat and the role playing side of the game. That said I also try to hold back sometimes and let others speak up and act first. If at any time you or any of the players wish I would slow down, just send me a PM and I will hold back a bit.

Posting Rate: I generally check the boards daily, but think that 2 to 3 posts a week would work for me if the group wanted and kept that pace.

Last edited by Draidden; Feb 18th, 2021 at 07:19 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 05:57 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
Might take a bit until I launch a 3rd group. Turns out handling two groups is harder than I thought hehe

Wrote your character down.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 06:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2170
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
left-aligned image

Name: Alestair Ghenning
Race: Half Elf
Class: Warlock (Hexblade)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

-X-X-X-
Custom Charlatan
Trait #1 I fall in and out of love easily, and am always pursuing someone
Trait #2 I love a good insult, even if it's directed at me
Ideal I am a free spirit, NOBODY tells me what to do
Bond I'm trying to pay off my debt to my benefactor (patron)
Flaw Don't expect me to save those who can't save themselves

Personality: A good word to describe Alestair would be reserved, he comes across as shy, though when push comes to shove he is not afraid to speak his mind. A childlike infatuation with fairytales has given the young elf the notion that there is a perfect match for everyone out there, and he has become more inclined lately to begin seeking his very own princess, just like in the stories. Moreover he has also been noticed talking to himself, though when it is brought up, he becomes very embarrased and changes the subject immediately, who knows what might actually be going on deep in the mind of this young man?

Last edited by Alemar; Feb 15th, 2021 at 01:48 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 10:19 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
MisterKent
I'm trying to think of a race I never played before, to make things interesting Also, I can definitely do 1-3 posts a week.

Last edited by MisterKent; Feb 9th, 2021 at 10:26 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 10:41 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@Alemar
-I am not sure how entertaining it could be to play the same adventure twice at the same time. But I'll have you in consideration if I do open a 3rd group. ;D

@MisterKent
-I hope it's a sparkledog.

Last edited by Dechado; Feb 9th, 2021 at 10:49 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 11:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1800
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Just shoot me a PM if you start the third group.
Old Feb 10th, 2021, 06:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechado View Post
-I am not sure how entertaining it could be to play the same adventure twice at the same time. But I'll have you in consideration if I do open a 3rd group. ;D
I just love playing D&D lol... the dice are fickle, who knows how that next roll is going to turn out?
Old Feb 14th, 2021, 07:56 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1514
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
I have been looking for a LMOP game for a concept I have. I'll work on her tonight. Pretty simple Gnome Rogue with ties to the Redcloaks.
Old Feb 14th, 2021, 12:37 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2668
Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson

Previously known as "Crimson 0M3N".

Last edited by Crimson; Feb 20th, 2021 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Character Sheet Completed
Old Feb 15th, 2021, 12:02 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@Crimson
-Heya, welcome.
-We have a public dice rolling thread, so we all leave it to fate.
-Player's Handbook is perfect for all adventures. I do tend to switch rules here and there depending on the situation. Sometimes an overlook of mine, or mostly because it is fun a certain way. I'm always open for comments and feedback on something you weren't comfortable with or wished to talk about. Whether in our OOC thread, or if you wish to have a more personal approach, my PMs are always open.
Old Feb 15th, 2021, 11:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Dechadolooks like you have 3(or 4 depending if you want to take me again) for a third group...just depends on if you're ready to try taking on another group... and if you want multiple rogues lol