Notices

Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 03:57 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1203
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Bump.
Seeking players again. Thank you for the interest!
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 09:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3756
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Can I submit a level 1 human GOOlock that I was playing in Dragon of Icespire Peak? The DM had to end the game pretty early so the character didn't advance much. I still have never made it through a WoC module all the way!

Here's the sheet, which contains his backstory in the Notes section. I can modify it to fit your game rules if needed:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=84795
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 10:17 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 487
Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault
Peasant Turned Paladin
right-aligned image
Leilene Sproud
Name: Leilene Sprout

Race: Human

Class: Paladin

Alignment: Lawful Good

Background: Folk Hero.

Traits:
- When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
- I’m confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others.

Ideal: Fairness. No one should get preferential treatment before the law, and no one is above the law.

Bond: I wish my childhood sweetheart had come with me to pursue my destiny.

Flaw: Secretly, I believe that things would be better if I were a tyrant lording over the land.

History: The daughter of local cooks in a small town, Leilene never imagined anything bigger than herself than eventually heading her parent's business. Other than a penchant for leadership as part of the town watch (which only very occasionally dealt with anything remotely threatening), everything all seemed relatively normal.

That all changed when one day, a paladin of Tyr came through town in need of a squire. More pragmatic than most, he needed someone who would be able to take care of his steed above all else, and thought it best to get a commoner. Both out of genuine curiosity, a belief that she was called for a greater purpose, and to show up the men of the village, she volunteered.

Appearance: See picture!

About the Player:
What do you expect of me as the DM, and what are you looking forward in the adventure?
I expect lots of action, but leeway to maybe approach things from another angle?

Are you a player who loves roleplaying and engaging in diplomacy? Or do you like to jump straight into action and focus heavily on combat?
I've never actually played D&D before, and have mainly focused on more roleplaying-focused systems. Still, excited!

Posting Rate: Once a day, excluding weekends, would be alright!
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Somersault; Apr 23rd, 2021 at 10:19 AM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 02:37 PM
Evil inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7101
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Dolgrin Thryrbold, Clan Stormhard
left-aligned image

Dolgrin Thryrbold

Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: cleric of Torag (domain: tempest)
Alignment: Neutral-Good
Role: Magic support and nasty surprises in combat, healer afterwards

Background: Acolyte
Traits: I quote (or misquote) sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
Ideal: Aspiration. I seek to prove myself worthy of my god’s favor by matching my actions against his or her teachings.
Bond: I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
Flaw: My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that profess faith in my god.

Appearance
Long beard, wild dark hair, dark eyes to match - at first glance Dolgrin is little different from other young dwarves. At nearly 4.5 feet, he is taller than most dwarves and as muscular as his friends. He uses some bronze rings to gather together his splendid head of hair and huge beard and wears simple armor with the symbol of Torag on the chest. When expecting trouble, he carries a warhammer at one side and a shield at the other.
Dark eyes wander nimbly back and forth, seeming to see a great deal, and when Dolgrin does get chatty - preferably after a tankard or two of dwarven ale - his deep voice knows to tell more about his surroundings than most would expect.

Personality
A dwarf should always follow a wisdom of life, Dolgrin Thryrbold's grandfather always used to say. Dolgrin follows even two. A day without a laugh is a lost day. This saying is ancient, but could well come from Dolgrin.

The second saying has been in the coat of arms of the Clan Stormhard for thousands of years. The storm extinguishes the candles but ignites the conflagration. A memory of all the deeds and sacrifices of Clan Stormhard's great dwarven kings, warriors and heroes of times long past, who have achieved great things with honor and fighting spirit, courage and wisdom.
Even as a small child, Dolgrin dreamed of becoming a hero and his apprenticeship as a Torag priest has strengthened his will to change this world - even though his previous assignments primarily involved the usual mopping of endless floors, all kind of kitchen work and latrine duty. Nevertheless, in the spirit of his ancestors, he tries to work carefully on every task and meet every challenge with honor. And if there is something to laugh about - all the better.

Both sayings together result in a young, cheerful dwarf who courageously stands up for his friends, seriously and resolutely fights for his goals, but also likes to end the day at the campfire with a tankard of ale.

Background

Dolgrin Thryrbold comes from the north of the Fogscar Mountains, where the Clan Stormshard has its home. His father was also a cleric of Torag and early on the young Dolgrin was interested in the legends and stories of the holy scriptures. But his father's secret hobby was the search for the lost Wave Echo Cave, and it wasn't long before his father had infected his son with his curiosity.
After his novice training, Dolgrin actually wanted to search the ancient libraries of the high priesthood for more clues and traces of the lost cave, but a letter from an old friend, Dungren, one of the Rockseeker brothers - who had discovered new hints outside the dwarven stronghold - prompted him to pack his bags and head off into foreign lands with the blessing of his father and his mentor.

About the playerAt rpgcrossing, I have been playing since 2009 and DMing since 2012. I like games where roll-play and role-play take turns and I love games where the DMs invest in good maps, because they inspire DM and player to do more than the standard tactical combat stuff (have a look at this example, if you want to know what I mean).
As you may have already noticed, English is not my mother tongue, so some wording will sound strange, but I do my very best.

Posting rate 2-3 times per week, but I check for new posts daily.

I make a character sheet after my application is accepted for the game.

Last edited by LeDragon; Apr 26th, 2021 at 06:00 AM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 04:04 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
dr kekyll
recruiting again for one of your in progress tables or a new table?
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 06:14 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@Yoshimi
-Heh! Never heard the term GOOlock until now. Hathi is welcome to join, but I still need you to fill the application like the rest.

@Somersault
-Welcome. That is a good flaw!
-I believe there is a Squire background available, in case you prefered picking it over the Folk Hero one.

@LeDragon
-I assume you're going to go Forge Domain? Never seen one in action, exciting!
-Who is this friend that sent Dolgrin a letter?

@dr kekyll
-Both, from the looks of it. Lost Mine seems to still be popular.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 08:44 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 487
Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault Somersault
Ah, it's fine! I wanted to reflect her roots more, if that makes sense.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 09:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3756
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Fo
Application
right-aligned image

Name:Hathi Kumar
Sheet: Hathi
Race: Variant Human
Class: Great Old One Warlock
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Guild Artisan (Potter)
Traits: I want to know how things work and what makes people tick, I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it – I'm a perfectionist.
Ideal: Generosity. My talents were given to me so that I could use them to benefit the world.
Bond: The workshop where I learned my trade is the most important place in the world to me.
Flaw:I'll do anything to get my hands on something rare or priceless.
Personality: Hathi is a hearty and outgoing family man from Darpur, where he was well known for his welcoming nature, ready laughter, and large circle of friends. He took great pride in his work as a potter for upscale clientele. He also was fascinated with history and artifacts and was a collector of antiquities. It was a search for a mysterious orb that sent him on a life of unwanted adventure. He found the artifact, but it created an unbreakable link with an ancient, tortured being from outside the known planes. The hapless artisan was reluctantly driven to a life of questing for a means to free his strange patron.
Appearance: Tall and heftily built, with copper-colored skin and a neatly-trimmed beard.

About the Player:
I have played D&D B/X Edition, 1st edition AD&D, 3.5e, and 5e and there are things I like about all of them. I think 5e is really well-suited to PbP since it's focused on character development and narrative. Although 5e forces optimization if you want to be useful to your party, within that constraint I still like to conceive of unlikely adventurers.

Posting Rate: Usually once a day.

Last edited by Yoshimi; Apr 24th, 2021 at 08:14 AM.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 04:06 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
A7ice A7ice
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Aiss Rinzler
*Sheet: (Not needed yet, but you’re free to go ahead and make one)
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Gloom Stalker Ranger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Outlander
*Traits: I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
*Traits: I was, in fact, raised by wolves.
*Ideal: Honor. If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole clan.
Bond: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
*Flaw: Don't expect me to save those who can't save themselves. It is nature's way that the strong thrive and the weak perish.
*Personality:
Aiss is calm, at least outwardly. She likes exploration, seeks challenge. She likes to learn new things, uncover secrets, always restless deep down in her soul. She is also a bit of a flirty minx, has own personal code of honor. She an opportunist with dry sense of humor. She tends to find the middle ground between good and evil, believing in the greater balance of things.

Appearance:
Aiss is a young, tall (5' 10”) and, wiry slender (121 lb) Human. She has short platinum blonde hairs and piercing, perceptive blue eyes. Her face usually is calm, with a sarcastic smile in the corner of her lips. Her moves are nimble and she walks noiselessly like a ghost.

About the Player:
In games I enjoy relationships, writing together - my greatest kick is from interaction and cooperation. I do like combat, fun like banter and humor, and good pace to avoid boredom. I am not enjoying playing all-goody characters, but the same goes for evil ones. For the first case I guess I am too old and wise player and for the latter, you need to have a good setting to make it work and it is taxing. So I naturally fall in the middle - with neutral characters, sometimes just jumping on the chaos-lawful axis. Though I like combat and I like games skewed toward it, I believe that a good game should be balanced to give everyone involved something to enjoy. You can't have only one aspect of a game without others and not make it boring.

On this forum I am completely new (see my post count), but I am avid RPG player with more than two decades of experience starting from the table top, and recently pbem and pbp. I was also a GM (or for DnD DM) though I prefer to be a player. I played various different systems and DnD 5e is still something I learn.

Posting Rate:
I am happy to do once a day, but I am ok with once per two or three days.

Last edited by A7ice; Apr 24th, 2021 at 06:02 AM.
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 05:48 AM
Evil inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechado View Post
@LeDragon
-I assume you're going to go Forge Domain? Never seen one in action, exciting!
-Who is this friend that sent Dolgrin a letter?
About the domain: I thought about either tempest domain (fits to the clan's coat of arms; if the group lacks combat strength) or life domain (fits to the job as healer).

The friend can be the blacksmith of the Rockseeker brothers in Phandalin or even one of them (latter may interfere with the story, thus, I prefer the dwarven blacksmith, Farefrim Eisenlohe.
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@LeDragon
-While it is nice to have a healer in the group, I am not going to punish you or your group for not following that idea. So, first things first, play the domain you prefer. If it is Tempest Domain because it is the one you want to play and it fits with Dolgrin's background, go for it.
-The module encourages that the player characters have a relationship with Gundren already, so it doesn't interfere with Gundren being the friend that sends the letter. Again, play with whichever idea you like most!

@A7ice
-Welcome, first ranger so far hehe!
-The thing about 5e and alignments, is how less restrictive it is. And most of the time, alignments are there as a "guide" and roleplay flavor!
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 10:58 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
dr kekyll
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Terras "Clif" Clifton (as in "from the town by the cliff")
Sheet:
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Neutral
Background: Mercenary Veteran (Captain)
Personality Traits: I'm full of inspiring and cautionary tales from my military experience relevant to almost every combat situation.
I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideal: Live and Let Live. Ideals aren't worth killing over or going to war for.
Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw: I made a terrible mistake in battle that cost many lives—and I would do anything to keep that mistake secret.

Personality: Clif usually speaks only when he really feels like there's something worth saying. Haunted by memories of his past failures, he is fiercely protective of those who fight by his side.
Appearance: As a former mercenary, Clif has a lean, muscular build. He is about 6'1" with short black hair and pale green eyes that reflect his experience. He keeps a short, stubbly beard to cover the scars on his face.

About the Player: I've been playing TTRPGs for something over 20 years. I was reluctant at first because I like all of the fiddly bits from the 3.x era, but I recently got into 5e and have been having a blast.

What do you expect of me as the DM, and what are you looking forward to in the adventure? I expect you to enjoy this, too. I'm excited to test out this build and explore this character.

Are you a player who loves roleplaying and engaging in diplomacy? Or do you like to jump straight into action and focus heavily on combat? I appreciate both, but this character is no stranger to combat.

Are you a casual player, or do you enjoy mix-maxing? I like to optimize and then make sacrifices for flavor. So, I generally start by min-maxing, but the final product might be suboptimal if it allows the mechanics to more accurately reflect the character I have in mind.

Posting Rate: I can do once a day but am also okay with a slightly slower or faster pace.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pnsb1xG.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	90739  

Last edited by dr kekyll; May 6th, 2021 at 08:25 AM.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 05:34 AM
Evil inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechado View Post
@LeDragon
-While it is nice to have a healer in the group, I am not going to punish you or your group for not following that idea. So, first things first, play the domain you prefer. If it is Tempest Domain because it is the one you want to play and it fits with Dolgrin's background, go for it.
-The module encourages that the player characters have a relationship with Gundren already, so it doesn't interfere with Gundren being the friend that sends the letter. Again, play with whichever idea you like most!
Fine for me. Then it take the tempest domain and Gundren as friend. Added this to my application, plus a couple of information about me.

Last edited by LeDragon; Apr 26th, 2021 at 05:41 AM.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 03:54 PM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 651
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
I came up with this character after seeing her picture, and everything else came naturally. She’s inspired to the white mage archetype of the Final Fantasy franchise (in fact, she might have ended up a Faerunian Yuna )
I’m asking for permission to swap out Superior Darkvision and Sunlight Sensitivity for regular Darkvision, since my character is surface-born.
Finally, I want to try rolling for abilities, where can I do that?

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Lynnwen Songwater
Race: Elf (dark)
Class: Sorcerer (Divine Soul)
Background: Acolyte
Alignment: Neutral Good

Backstory: Lynnwen was born in the temple of Songwater Grove, a holy place next to an entrance to the Underdark, dedicated since a long time ago to the worship of Eilistraee. At Songwater, the more militant members of the clergy often carry out raids against Underdark Drows to disrupt their activities and liberate slaves. Many of the rescued people choose to settle down at the temple and help out so Songwater is populated by many different people.
Lynnwen is the daughter of the head priestess, Yliss, and of her wife Qilvisa, the captain of the temple militia, who was born in the Underdark and fled because she grew to hate her people’s strict rules. The Eilistraite magic that enabled her conception is perhaps the reason behind Lynnwen’s sorcerous powers, which are clearly divine in nature. It is also because of them that she was brought up as a prospective next high priestess.

I was thinking that the link between Lynnwen and the Rockseeker brothers is that she was spying on the Black Spider's minions, since they pose a threat to the Grove, and was caught snooping by city folks. Before things could get ugly Gundren, who met one of Lynnwen's mothers during past adventures and knows of her, vouched for her, and now Lynnwen feels obligated to return the favor by helping with his current problem.

Personality: Lynnwen has a gentle and kind personality, with a playful side. She is usually quiet, but when she speaks she is very passionate. Growing up side by side with people of all races and walks of life means that Lynnwen is very casual around people of different heritages, cultures and ethnicities, more than would be expected of someone who never traveled far from home.
Her meditative, friendly nature makes Lynnwen feel ill at ease with violence, and prone to overthinking and second guessing herself.

Traits: My home is hidden and the surface dwellers hate my people, so I never travelled far from the temple and I have little experience in dealing with the outside world. I also idolize a number of heroes of my faith and hope that one day they will be acknowledged outside of my people and my religion.

Ideal: Aspiration. I strive to uphold the principles of my faith and grow to be worthy of leading the temple when the time comes.

Bond: Songwater Grove is my home, and the people sheltered there are my family. I would do anything to protect them.

Flaw: I’m prone to overthinking and second-guessing myself at every move.

About the Player:
I’m a long time TTRPG player and DM, but although I’ve been playing D&D 5th edition since its launch, I’ve never played this particular adventure.
I’ve been on and off this site for a while, and I thought I should finally play the game’s starter adventure. Still, don’t hesitate to choose a newbie over me if the game’s overbooked.

What do you expect of me as the DM, and what are you looking forward in the adventure?
An interesting story, mostly: I’m in it to “watch the movie”. I would appreciate it if the characters’ personal backstories played a role too.

Are you a player who loves roleplaying and engaging in diplomacy?
I like the game to have a little bit of everything.

Posting Rate:
2-3 posts/week

Last edited by ElCosoLoco; Apr 28th, 2021 at 12:53 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 01:27 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
dr kekyll
@Dechado there's no plan to continue beyond the pre-written adventure is there? this will just be 1-5 and that's it?