RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 25th, 2021, 07:25 AM
Half-Orc Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5704
Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer
6 days to go!
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 01:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1850
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
I think I'm going to step out of this one, as much as I like Dark Sun.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 07:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1881
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
I think mine is complete, although a bit rough..

Again if a Crodlu is too strong an animal to begin with, I'll swap with the formula Crodlu:Human=Erdlu:Halfling while keeping the rest the same.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 11:30 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 116
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
How do Templars work if there are no Gods? Do they believe in Gods or are they just an elite group of warriors?

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2422
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
They are given power from the sorceror kings. Basically like a cross between clerics and warlocks.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 07:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 667
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
The Dark Sun novels don't have every Templar as a cross between a cleric and a warlock (though I think for your purposes a cross between a Paladin and a Warlock is a better example).

Found I had a 4e Darksun Pdf.

That edition did Templars better than 3.5e as it was a theme that added some arcane spells to a character as opposed to a character class:

All templars are members of the templar hierarchy and have some skill in the use of arcane magic—especially magic that is useful in compelling obedience or punishing lawbreakers. However, a templar need not be a member of a spellcasting class. A templar might be a rogue who serves as a spy or an investigator, a psion jurist or scholar, a warlord who holds a post as a commander or an administrator, or even a fighter who serves in an elite palace guard.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 28th, 2021 at 07:28 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 07:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
BTW, is Mantled Warrior official?
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 03:31 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasontheswift View Post
They are given power from the sorceror kings. Basically like a cross between clerics and warlocks.
I cannot see how someone who has sworn to be faithful unto death can be part of a group that opposes the person they draw their power from without losing their powers. Seems that Templar is not a playable class in this game if you play them properly. They would wade into the party and try to kill as many as possible before they were killed. I liked the idea but don't think I can roleplay this in a way which makes them work.

Old Apr 29th, 2021, 03:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
If there is a Templar in the party, the party has to be pro-whoever gave the Templar party or at the very least not opposed to that sorcerer-king.

Not every sorcerer-king is evil. While you be hard pressed to find good ones, there are neutral ones.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 29th, 2021 at 03:42 AM.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 03:49 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
There are Templar classes in the SRD onsite. One has no spells but gets scaling armour and 2H weapon (and a mount at 11th) while the other has spells. Either looks good to play.
If there is a suitable Sorceror-King available, I would really like to try and play the class and would put in an application. I think I need some information from the GM

Old Apr 29th, 2021, 04:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hamanu controls every aspect of Urik governance and economy. He is considered a military genius and is known to spend much time studying. As far as Sorcerer-Kings go Hamanu cares more than most of his citizens, but he will still kill anyone who annoys him.

Kalid-Ma Sorcerer King of Kalidnay, believed to have been killed by Borys, Kalak and Hamanu. Is presently trapped in Ravenloft in a comatose state by his high templar Thakok-An. A psionic artifacts of Athas states that, if the orbs of Kalid Ma can be united, the sorcerer monarch will be reborn. You could be a templar of Kalid-Ma since he isn't around to disapprove of your actions though you'd have to be wary of two things, the High Templar and someone trying to unite the orbs.

All the other sorcerer-kings alive are outright evil or are dead.

If your planning on being good, I'd suggest Kalid-Ma while neutral either one.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 29th, 2021 at 04:44 AM.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 05:09 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Application - completed and ready for review
right-aligned image

Name: Nuuta Silverleaf
Race: Elf (Clearwater tribe)
Class: Templar
Alignment: Neutral

Description: Nuuta stands 6' 2" tall and is slender and elegant. Her armour is modelled to her figure and lacquered green in honour of the savannahs in which she grew up. Each piece has been handcrafted and is decorated to enhance its beauty, but is also highly effective in providing her with protection. She carries an Elven Longblade which is slung on a harness across her back. Her hair is blonde, and her eyes blue. They sit in a face which is attractive, but they burn with the light of the fanatic, and this makes her someone who others often initially regard as cold. Once they get to know her, she shows that she is full of the joys of life, she enjoys everything life has to offer though in moderation and has a heart which is moved by the suffering of others.

Background: Nuuta was born in the savannahs to the Silverleaf Clan of the Clearwater Tribe. She travelled widely across Athas in the nomadic life that her people enjoy, learning to love the land and to live in the moment. The clan was in Balic when 10 clansmen were captured during a raid on a caravan and the chief negotiated their release by promising Andropinis the service of one of the Clan as a Templar. Nuuta was chosen and entered the service of the the Sorceror King. She serves the can by serving him and thus is bound to serve him to the best of her ability. She remains loyal to the Chief, and her clan, and meets with them whenever they are in Balic and her duties allow.

She has served Andropinis for the past 5 years, acting mainly as a messenger between the city and the garrisons in the local area. For the past year she has served as a Commissar with an Infantry unit, with which she saw active service and amongst whom she found friends. When she was given the task of investigating the strange deaths of local fishermen, she sought out those of her unit who had just left the service and asked them to work with her.

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Apr 30th, 2021 at 03:38 AM.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 05:14 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiRedHair View Post
There are Templar classes in the SRD onsite. One has no spells but gets scaling armour and 2H weapon (and a mount at 11th) while the other has spells. Either looks good to play.
If there is a suitable Sorceror-King available, I would really like to try and play the class and would put in an application. I think I need some information from the GM
I looked up the Dark Sun Templar class and it looks like fun! Hamanu as SK seems to work though she is undercover!

Old Apr 30th, 2021, 02:17 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Overnight I have come up with a scenario which explains her being a local Templar. Will update application and then it is ready for review.

Old Apr 30th, 2021, 03:20 AM
老龍

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4725
arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios
Application
Name: Korrath
Race: Human
Class: Psychic Warrior
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Description:

Eighteen hands high and sixteen stone, with broad shoulders and thick wrists, all muscle and thew. He is a warrior, austere in dress and expression, glowering at you as though considering your worth or evaluating whether you pose a challenge. Though his face is partially obscured by a loose fold of clothing, you see that his hair is shaved save for a short whip of black tied back in a severe fashion. Of his few visible possessions, there is ... a pouch, a pack, a ceramic mug, and a great bone-hafted macahuitl kept close at hand.

Background:

“Korrath is my name,” the sun-bronzed warrior says. He says nothing more. He sits alone with his back to the wall, matter-of-fact. He is a lean, powerfully built human with a bald head, close-trimmed dark beard, and watchful eyes. He waits for a response.

Seeing your hesitation, he pulls forth a large macahuitl of shaped bone engraved with overlapping depictions of grisly dismembered death. He lays the fierce weapon deftly across his lap for inspection. One sweeping edge is inlaid with keenly knapped prismatic obsidian blades, iridescent in the harsh sunlight. This weapon alone might declare his mercenary craft, but he wears a harness of leather and tooled bones with the pauldrons of a veteran man-at-arms.

Whichever house emblem might once have adorned his shoulder has been scraped clean away. The expression on his face advises your question is answered. He offers nothing more without some price to be paid.

Last edited by arguilios; Apr 30th, 2021 at 03:24 AM.