User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Shaggy Shaggy
The Treasure of Infinity(closed)

Game NameThe Treasure of Infinity
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeGrand-Scale Adventure
FlavourVaries from adventure to adventure
Plot SummaryThe PCs are a group who find themselves hopping from dimension to dimension, seeking a treasure greater than any other in the multiverse.
First, they must find the ship that can take them across dimensions, then they must locate the pieces of a map that allows them to actually know where they're going. Once they have both, it's a journey through the path of the map.
Of course, it won't be easy. Every world will have an obstacle to get in the group's way, and most of the worlds on their journey will be unlike anything they've seen before.

Legends speak of a treasure trove greater than any other. The Treasure of Infinity, the largest collection of valuables in the multiverse.
However, no one knows where it is, or if it even really exists. Popular opinion states that the best way to find it is to the find the Shadow Storm, a ship that can travel between planes, and find the planar map, which can show the path to any plane.
Unfortunately, no one knows where they are either, or if they exist.
Still, that hasn't many groups from trying to find them anyway.
You are one of these groups. For the past year, you've traveled, looking for any sign of these legendary artifacts. You haven't made any progress, and things are only looking worse when you wake up on an abandoned ship in the middle of the ocean...

Rules:
Starting PCs begin at Level 1.
No evil-aligned PCs.
List of supplements I allow/use: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/uloen...lva1kl17fdpxbj
Yes, I know it's a lot.

The PCs will be facing a variety of challenges in this campaign. Puzzles, skill-based challenges, and of course combat (about 4-6 combat encounters an adventure.) There will also be a lot of roleplaying opportunities.

Tone/Theme:The tone will vary from adventure, though the common themes will be the characters being put in situations that are completely new to them, and grand-scale adventure.

Each adventure will be its own thread.

Posting expectations: Each player is expected to post at least once a day, except on days where I don't post. If a player does not post for 2 weeks, they will be kicked from the game.

When evaluating requests, there are 3 main things I'll be focusing on:
1-Character Background. Where are they from? What was their upbringing like? Why did they take up adventuring? Etc.
2-Character Personality. What is their general attitude and behavior? What are their ultimate goals? Etc.
3-Character Role. What are they good at, and how do they go about it?

Requests will be evaluated as they come in.

Abilities: use the standard array from the PHB.

If you have any questions about the game, don't be afraid to ask.

Accepted Players:
Jrod
Gif2a
Dr. Kekyll
DebiRedHair
A7ice

Last edited by Shaggy; Apr 25th, 2021 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Half-Orc Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5704
Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer
Posting interest
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 07:59 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38855
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Any specific background/starting locations you want used or can applicants just make up any City of Townsville they see fit?
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 08:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1601
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Placeholder

I am considering a Leonin. Two-handed fighter. With high CHA that can be used to multiclass as a sorc or warlock at some point in the future.

Last edited by Stadiumite; Apr 5th, 2021 at 08:23 AM.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 08:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1208
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Kalaer Korvos
Race: Half Elf
Class: Warlock
Subclass: Archfey
Pact: Tome
Background:Noble
Role: Utility

Kalaer is of nobility, not royalty, but nobility. His family wealthy and of title. His father and grand father being entrepreneurs, specializing in trade and commerce. They had a habit of getting lucky on risky business deals which always seemed in their favor. Granting them the ability to corner the market and manage the monopoly on multiple ventures over the years. Their luck was uncanny, but it served the Korvos family well. Their status rose and rose. So high now they might as well be royalty.

Kalaer was the typical stereo type of a rich kid. He was spoiled, served with a silver spoon and felt entitled. He treated others poorly, unless you were of the same social hierarchy. He needed no profession in which to fall back on or rely on. The coffers of his family were deep enough no one need ever worry.

Kalaer used his time poorly. He never became skilled at any one thing. He never took up trades or even dabbled in martial professions like swords play or archery. Instead he leveraged his families name to grant him special privileges. He became a trouble maker, a gambler and a thrill seeker. Often times he would push the limits on danger and chase hobbies such as spelunking, cliff jumping and exploring habitats or caves of creatures not meant to be trifled with. All in the name of adventure and for that adrenaline surge.

On a fateful day while Spelunking some years ago, Kalaer fell from a rope in which he was tied to, or Atleast that’s the memory he has. He died that day, or should have. If not for a form of divine intervention. A voice spoke out to him “Is The Third Ready To Strike His Deal?”

Kalaer knew little in his unconscious state, but he felt that he was in trouble and without options. He replied “yes, save me”

To his surprise he awoke, at the bottom of a mine shaft. Looking down at him from above was the familiar face of a friend, who seemed concerned and shocked.

Kalaer has now found a power within him. He can do things others Cant. See things others never could. He feels as if the stars are within reach and the appetite for powers unknown propel him. He now seeks wander lust, magical oddities and treasure if it so be it.

Description:
Kalaer is handsome, not very tall, and thin. He’s got a wirey build, very lean and trim. He carries many of the eloquent features of his father, a true blooded Elf. As well as shares characteristics of his beautiful mother, a common human. He has short pointed ears, no facial hair, and a large scar lacerating across his right cheek. He gives off an unkempt feel on first glance, but a second glance would come to see the natural beauty laying within, a sort of rugged handsom.

His sense of fashion is tasteful. Donning exquisite robes, cloaks an clothing. His favorite outfit is a black dress coat which rides high on the neck. A pair of black silken pants with a smooth leather belt wrapped around him. He is always seen carrying his favored walking stick.

Personality: Always was, and always will be a egotistical, self centered, selfish rich kid. That hasn’t changed. Before his accident Kalaer wouldn’t have hurt a soul, He just couldn’t. He was not physical, violent or down right evil in any way. Yes he was sometimes considered a bully, and definitely pushed his way around, But he was still a good soul and no one was truly hurt. Things like murder and abuse never crossed his mind.

Things have changed now for Kalaer. He still shares all the characteristics of his younger self, but something looms in the darkness of his heart. Something in which has changed the boy. The bounds of righteous and law seem to have less impact over him. The danger In which his body still yearns for, perhaps comes in different forms now. Lying, deciept and trickery all part of the game now. A game he seems not to play alone.

Last edited by Jrod; Apr 7th, 2021 at 07:46 PM.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 10:35 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Shaggy Shaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
Any specific background/starting locations you want used or can applicants just make up any City of Townsville they see fit?
Use whatever town you want for background. As long as there's a reasonable explanation, it won't screw with the game.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 11:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@Dm- starting equipment will be just standard class and background? Any exemptions?
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 11:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
Link to map of Athas with settlement names on it

Found another map.... open the thumbnail in another tab so you can zoom in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dark sun.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	687.2 KB
ID:	90467  

Last edited by Shula; Apr 5th, 2021 at 12:38 AM.
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 08:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1601
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Its interesting to think about how a 1st level character would find themselves on a dimension-hopping quest. When I create my character, I'd like to write something about how that happened in the background. If there is some organization that they belong to, or some patron that has recruited them. Can you give us any information about that to use in our applications?
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 11:05 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Shaggy Shaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
@Dm- starting equipment will be just standard class and background? Any exemptions?
Yes, unless you use gp to buy other equipment.
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Shaggy Shaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadiumite View Post
Its interesting to think about how a 1st level character would find themselves on a dimension-hopping quest. When I create my character, I'd like to write something about how that happened in the background. If there is some organization that they belong to, or some patron that has recruited them. Can you give us any information about that to use in our applications?
Basically, the idea is that the characters have spent a year as standard adventurers who haven't been able to do much, and are suddenly thrown into the adventure. Their patrons can still communicate with them (can't reveal too much about that) but they'll have to figure out for themselves how to get back to wherever they're living, at least until they have the map and can go wherever they want. Tl,dr: organizations and patrons can still provide benefits, you just won't be able to in-person interact with them at first.
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 07:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
My application is complete. Welcome to DM feedback of course.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 09:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1719
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
This game looks great! Giving it a shot, and pushing it to the top of the list...

Application
Name: Wyran
right-aligned image

Race: Protector Aasimar
Class: Paladin
Alignment: Lawful Good
Trait: I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
Trait: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.
Ideal: Greater Good. My gifts are meant to be shared with all, not used for my own benefit. (Good)
Flaw: I am dogmatic in my thoughts and philosophy.
Bond: I'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my pilgrimage, and it still eludes me.
Background: Background - Outlander (Pilgrim)
Backstory: Wyran grew up in a rural village in the foothills of the Desertsmouth Mountains near the River Tesh. From his earliest years, he received visions in his dreams from an angel calling himself Mykiel. Compassionate, hopeful, yet often ineffable and deeply cryptic, Mykiel planted the idea of a great destiny in Wyran's soul. Raised to be a capable huntsman and outdoorsman, upon reaching the age of majority Wyran departed home on a spiritual pilgrimage driven by Mykiel's visions.

During the pilgrimage, Wyran mostly journeyed alone, deep into the Desertsmouth Mountains, subsisting by hunting and gathering. Led by his guardian angel, Wyran completed a series of increasingly difficult and dangerous initiation tasks that tested both strength and spirit. He became aware of great battles in the heavens and the planes, and that he ultimately was going to have a role in those battles. Some of this time was spent under the tutelage of a mysterious old man who resided in the mountains, who taught Wyran about matters both spiritual and practical, including an education in the Celestial and Draconic languages.

Through his visions, Mykiel has indicated to Wyran that he is to seek the Treasure of Infinity. While not altogether clear as to why, Wyran assumes it is either for the sake of using the treasure to achieve a great good, or to keep the treasure from falling into the wrong hands. Trusting in his spiritual guide, he proceeds on his quest...
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 10:37 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1177
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Application
Name: Rango
right-aligned image

Race: Lizrdfolk
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Trait: I know a story relevant to almost every situation.
Ideal: Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action. (Chaotic)
Flaw: I have trouble keeping my true feelings hidden. My sharp tongue lands me in trouble.
Bond: I want to be famous, whatever it takes.
Background: Entertainer
Backstory:
No one knows much about Rangos past. No one even knew who he was. This change when a sudden change of luck led to Rango losing his home in a sudden accident. It took a mere moment for his entire life to be turned on its side. Another creature involved with the accident informed Rango of a close by town. "Beware of the bizarre ritual Rango. " The weird creature has said. But what did that mean? Rango didn't have time to heed the warning. A town? I need to get there fast. I'm thirsty. These were just some of the thoughts going through Rango's head. The accident left time stranded in the desert after all and water was no as abundant as he was used too. On the way, we met a foul mouthed Grung. They got into a small argument and the Grung was picked up by a Roc and taken up to the sky towards the sun. Rango never say the Grung again.

Soon after, he met another Lizardfolk who accused Rango of wasting water. " Are you out here wasting water. I'll put two holes in you stranger. " It was obvious Rango could not have been wasting any water as he had none and had no way to transport any. The desert just makes people a bit mad sometimes. At least that is what Rango though. She offered to take him into town and Rango accepted. However, she dropped him off at the sign and rode the rest of the way without him but Rango did not mind too much as the town was in sight.

This desolate town needed help. There did not seem to be an ounce of water anywhere but Rango was determined to get some himself. He found himself a local Tavern and let himself in. The local patrons were not used to seeing someone like Rango and all paused to watch him come inside. It was filled with all manner of folks. Rango asked for water but was met with a room filled with laughter. All they had was a special juice from a plant. With no access with water, Rango could not help but try. It was something he was not used too but he drank it, nonetheless. " Who are you stranger? Where you form?" asked one of the patrons. Hmm. Rango thought about it for a second. He could be anyone. He could start a new life. One of adventure. One of renown. " Me? I'm from the West. Out there, beyond the horizon, past the sunset. The far West. Me? I'm from the West. Out there, beyond the horizon, past the sunset. The far West. Then we salt him and we pepper him, then we braise him clarified butter and then we eat him. You might say I'm from everywhere theres trouble brewing and hell waiting to be raised. You might say I'm what hells already raised up! " The listening patrons moved in closer to hear his name.

" Names Rango! "

Then Rango took credit for killing a group of bad brothers. Claiming he killed them with one crossbow bolt. All seven brothers with a single bolt. He then got into an altercation with a much larger Lizardfolk. The same Roc came from the sky and scared everyone inside. Rango managed to kill the Roc using only one single bolt. Making Rango into an instant legend. One bolt Rango. He then saved the town from the corrupt Tortle Mayor who wanted to buy the town and change in by forcing the prices to go down by creating a false water shortage. Rango even squared off with another Legend. Yuan-Ti Jake. The Tortle Mayor had double-crossed the Yuan-Ti but Rango saved him again with only one bolt. This cemented the legend of One bolt Rango

For obvious reasons it would be better to carry a revolver then a crossbow. But I didnt want to assume youd have firearms in your world.
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Impaleddearan; Apr 18th, 2021 at 09:51 PM.
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 116
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Posting interest. Elf Druid or Mage