User Statistics
RPXP: 156
Zangul Zangul
NAME: Triandal "Lips" Silvertongue
RACE: Half-Elf
CLASS: Bard
SUBCLASS: College of Glamour
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Last edited by Zangul; Apr 19th, 2021 at 06:28 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 09:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1208
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
@Dm- are you still looking for a 25th deadline or will you be extending that?
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 05:21 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Shaggy Shaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
@Dm- are you still looking for a 25th deadline or will you be extending that?
Depends on whether or not there's really enough interest to justify that.
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 08:31 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1177
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
You have enough interest. You have Rango. No ones wants to Tango with the Rango.
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 12:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@imperial- except the Yuan-Ti Artificer Artillerist... *idea*...
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 06:42 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
dr kekyll
Professional Treasure Hunter
right-aligned image

Name: Jordan Kennedy
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Artificer (Battle Smith)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Role: Ranged DPS and Support

Background: Far Traveler (from Halruaa or other Magitechnologically advanced but somewhat isolationist country)
Personality Traits: Traps don't make me nervous; idiots who trigger traps make me nervous.
I might fail, but I will never give up.
Ideal: Adventure. I'm far from home and everything is strange and wonderful!
Bond: My freedom is my most precious possession. Clone or not, my destiny is my choice.
Flaw: I secretly think the people of this place are primitive and a bit stupid.

Appearance: At 5' 6", Jordan is a little shorter than the average Eudaimonian woman. She has brown eyes and auburn hair. While her clothing and the strange devices she carries may seem unusual to some, they are fairly common in her homeland.

Personality: Jordan is brilliant and insightful, but she can be a bit brash and wears her flippant attitude like armor. Her trust is difficult to earn, but those who have had it recognize her as a reliable ally.

Backstory: Jordan's home, the city-state of Eudaimonia, is a magitechnological utopia where ships fly and every citizen has access to marvels that would terrify the simple peasants of its feudal contemporaries. It is peaceful, idyllic, and boring... at least on the surface. Magitech isn't limitless, and a degree of manual labor is required to keep the city running. Most of the citizens are blissfully ignorant of the invisible caste that labors beneath the surface mining crystals and maintaining the infrastructure as well as of the guerilla war being waged against their government. Originally, Jordan was one of those ignorant citizens.

Jordan was the adopted daughter of Eudaimonia's Prime Director, Heinrich Hua. She was the perfect daughter until a chance encounter with a handsome rebel named Cameron Kennedy. Getting swept up in a whirlwind romance, she soon found herself passing him sensitive information until she discovered a secret that changed everything for her. When she was 12, her parents had died in a terrible accident; this much she already knew. What she didn't know was that she had been in the accident with them. Director Hua had become infatuated with Jordan's mother, but as she was already married, she rebuked his advances. Intending to remove his competition, the Director arranged to have Jordan's father killed. Due to a twist of fate, Jordan and her mother were with her father when the explosion went off. Her mother and father were dead when the meditechs arrived on the scene, but Jordan was rushed to a high tech medical facility where Director Hua had been perfecting his cloning project. There was just enough brain activity left to attempt a transfer. The procedure was a success, and Jordan awoke several days later in a hospital bed with no memory of what had happened.

After discovering the truth, Jordan felt betrayed and lost. She confronted Hua who blamed Cameron for making up lies and turning her against him. The Director had him apprehended and executed. Taking the surname "Kennedy," Jordan fled Eudaimonia. Now, she gets paid to scavenge tombs and wreckage.

Last edited by dr kekyll; Apr 25th, 2021 at 05:34 AM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 04:58 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 116
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Character sheet linked to name
right-aligned image

Name: Deanna Dannan
Race: Firbolg
Class: Druid
Subclass: Circle of Spores
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Faction Agent (Harpers)
Role: Combat Cleric
Personality Trait: Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
Ideal: Aspiration. I seek to prove myself worthy of my faction’s favor by matching my actions against their teachings.
Bond: Everything I do is for the common people.
Flaw: I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them

Backstory:
Deanna was raised in the forests of the north and grew to love them. She was taken mushrooming by her uncle who taught her all he knew about them, and that turned out to be a lot. She grew to love them as they meant so much to someone whom she admired and who spent more time with her than her own parents. She also learned that there were others in the world who were not in tune with the land and sought to control it rather than live with it, This led her to take action against them, and through her uncle she was introduced to a group who seek to bring harmony to the lands. She was drawn to the Harpers and became one of their agents. She has been travelling the world, doing her best to aid the party in finding their goal and making sure that the secret they seek does not fall into the wrong hands

Description:
Deanna has red hair and green eyes and dresses in the rough clothes of her people, which are green and brown to blend into the forest. 7'5" tall and at only 200 lbs, she is short and slender for a Firbolg. She carries a quarterstaff.

Personality:
Deanna is a shy person, who makes friends slowly and carefully and is not a good conversationalist. She has a strong belief in what she does and dislikes the way that human societies treat their disadvantaged members. She believes that she can have a positive effect on the world providing that she keeps her head and works to rise within the Harpers. She is not afraid to bend the law to achieve the right outcome, which will be the best for those who cannot make the change happen themselves. She despises those with power who do not consider those without.

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Apr 28th, 2021 at 05:41 AM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 07:03 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 147
A7ice A7ice
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Aelhira Stormshadow
Race: Elf (Wood)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Class: Monk
Subclass: Shadow

Background: Gambler
Personality Trait: I'm one of Lady Luck's favored. Anything I try is destined to succeed.
Ideal: Bravery. If you want to succeed, you have to take risks.
Bond: I'm loyal to the friend or family member who taught me how to gamble.
Flaw: I'm a great gambler. I'm just bad at math and logic.

Role: Flanker, Distraction, Lie Detector

History:

Aelhira never knew her parents, who gave her away as a payment for the service that they were provided. She grew up in Dor Lómin valley, a home to an ancient Químari monastery, where Elven monks were training in the Way of Shadow. Aelhira proved to be a very talented student one and impressed one of the teachers, Sylvar Sundash, with her uncanny agility during the training but it was the smarts when she beat him in the dragonchess game that made him chose her as a personal student.

Sylvar Sundash was in Químari known as a plane shadowdancer, which included applying skills learned in Dor Lómin travel and scout among planes. At first only able to hear about it, then read and learn about it, Aelhira eventually was able to go on a few expeditions to other planes with Sylvar.

Sylvar as a mentor taught Aelhira also life under the guise of teaching her gambling. Their expeditions weren’t just other planes but also to various cities, villages and places on the material planes. A teenager now, Aelhira became open minded, brave and strong willed woman who enjoyed challenge and risk.

Finally came the time and Aelhira completed her initial training and became a full member of the Químari, just as she was turning one hundred. Proud of her, Sylvar presented her with the very Dragonchess Set that decades earlier, they had played their first game and she had beaten him. With completing the initial training Aelhira was expected to leave the monastery and continue her training and development outside its walls.
Aelhira wandered the world for a few years until she became part of the treasure-hunting group.

Description:

Aelhira is a tall (5' 10") and wiry (120 lbs) Wood Elf with long white hairs that tend to turn into strawberry blond color when reflecting the sun. Her skin is in color of an alabaster and her perceptive eyes are pale green. She moves with feline-like grace. On her lips, there is usually a playful smile.

Personality:

Aelhira is young, at 104 years, just an adult for an Elf. She is an open-minded, suave extravert with a flirty nature. Usually she is calm and even aloof, assessing everything and everyone. She loves to gamble, adrenaline, adventure and fun, so when she senses those, she tends to forgo planning relaying on her intuition. She is a fighter, enjoys a good brawl and she is communal and nosy.

Last edited by A7ice; Apr 26th, 2021 at 05:32 AM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 09:06 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
dr kekyll
@Shaggy, does the reason criminal and charlatan are banned include the spy context of the criminal background? that is to ask, is it banned for thematic reasons or mechanical reasons? and if thematic, is spy part of that banned theme? edit: in retrospect, if the archaeologist background from tomb of annihilation is allowed, then i might use that.

also, am i understanding correctly that we haven't been dimension hopping yet when you say we've been standard adventurers for a year?

Last edited by dr kekyll; Apr 23rd, 2021 at 02:22 PM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 07:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 667
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
18 days since Shaggy has posted...
not a good sign.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 08:04 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1177
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Maybe he is just really busy with Scooby?
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 08:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 667
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 09:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Last visited the site yesterday. Sure they are around.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 10:17 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Shaggy Shaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr kekyll View Post
@Shaggy, does the reason criminal and charlatan are banned include the spy context of the criminal background? that is to ask, is it banned for thematic reasons or mechanical reasons? and if thematic, is spy part of that banned theme? edit: in retrospect, if the archaeologist background from tomb of annihilation is allowed, then i might use that.

also, am i understanding correctly that we haven't been dimension hopping yet when you say we've been standard adventurers for a year?
It's just that I didn't want the mechanics they provide in this particular game, since in a thematical sense it makes them a bit sketchy. I wanted likable heroes for this game.

As to your second question, yes, you haven't hopped dimensions yet.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 10:19 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Shaggy Shaggy
I apologise if it seems like I haven't been posting elsewhere. I've just been busy with other stuff.