RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 13th, 2021, 08:45 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18245
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
They aren't on the species list, but how would you feel about a harch?
I'm not particularly familiar with them, but I can't see anything that would make them unsuitable on the site you linked or Wookiepedia.

They weren't in any official WEG star wars material because they are "new" in Star Wars terms, but I already found some stats. So go for it if it resonates.

Oh, and thanks Marsh and Silk!

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 14th, 2021 at 06:48 AM.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 10:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2158
Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril
A shame there’s not more Star Wara RPGs, this looks great! Here’s an application for an Echani.

Application
right-aligned image

Name Isena Kinro

Species Echani

Gender Female

Age 22

Homeworld Eshan

General Background
Born on the Echani homeworld as the fourth oldest of 8 siblings, Isenas mother is a high ranking political official of Echani Command. Both her Father and her older brother Inarin were force sensitive, which led to the three of them forming a close force bond with each other, even when they were infants. Inarins force potential was much greater than her own which alerted the Jedi Order to their force sensitivity. The Order came and recruited her brother but left her with her family, leaving her father who never formally trained to teach her about the force. As they grew up together, though lightyears apart, their force bond with one another assisted them both in their combat skills and training. Lessons and guidance from one would transfer to the other in the form of intuitions and premonitions, giving each an almost prescient level of combat predictions which was especially useful for Isena, as the Echani place great emphasis on physical combat skill.

While this force bond had its benefits, Isena soon found that her force bond didn't just link to her brother, but that she could reach out to feel the minds of other living things as well. Emotions were the most prevalent thing she felt, and she found it difficult to let go of the many emotions her force enhanced empathy instilled her with. These emotions that she could feel were transmitted to Inarin through their force bond and he found it difficult to focus on his Jedi training that eschewed emotional attachments. He eventually grew concerned for his sister, and when the opportunity presented itself he made a secret and short trip back to his home planet to visit his family.

When he was there he was welcomed as a guest of honor by his family, and despite not having seen each other since they were infants, Isena and Inarin nonetheless instantly recognized who each other were and their single combat bout left no doubts in eithers mind. Offering some wise advice about how to manage her emotions and potential in the force, and gave her simple instructions on meditation and centering. Inarin then left as quickly as he came, returning to the Order to focus on his duties.

Heeding her brothers advice, Isena began meditating on the force ,reaching out to feel the life force of the citizens and animals of her homeworld, feeling their emotions, mindsets, and sometimes surface level thoughts. For many years this training assisted her in managing her powers but they came to a violent and abrupt end when she found herself flooded with thoughts of fear, anger, betrayal, guilt, and grief. The great Jedi Purge had begun and she could feel it happening. She shut herself down to prevent being overwhelmed. When it was over, she found she was unable to sense her brother at all, and when news of the purge reached her she feared the worst. It was the first time in memory she had not felt him through their force bond, and she felt a nauseating mix of sadness and fear. Her family prevented her from leaving to search for him though. She was weakened, and the galaxy was very dangerous for force users right now.

A few years later, unable to simply move on from her loss, Isena smuggled herself offworld and began to search the galaxy for news of the fate of Inarin. Death was the most likely possibility but she couldn't even find confirmation of that in any official record, nor find his name on any list of "Traitorous Jedi" that the new Empire began publishing. She searched for several years, getting by as a mercenary for hire, offering her services as a skilled combatant to anyone who was heading where she needed to go, hitching rides and smuggling herself across the galaxy. Eventually she came across a promising lead in the form of a man who said he could help her. Sensing her force sensitivity, the man began asking her seemingly innocuous but very important questions. She answered hesitantly but when he was satisfied he told her of the Jensaari, an order of force users that could help her develop her talents further and, potentially, restore her bond with her brother. Not missing a beat she hitched a ride to Susevfi to seek them out.

Upon arriving there and meeting with the Jensaari, who knew all about her from their recruiter, Spereia Stropia took her as an apprentice. Raised in a Matriarchal society Isena took to having a female master well, and dedicates herself to her masters tutelage with discipline and devotion, hoping to one day learn enough to find Inarin.

Physical description and personality
Shorter than the average human, Isena nonetheless possesses great strength and agility for her size, a result of the constant ritualized combat she engages in with everyone who consents to sparring. Her white hair and silver eyes are standard features for her species, and telling her apart from any of her siblings is difficult.

Kindhearted to a fault, Isenas sensitivity to the emotions of those around her have made her kind, generous, and loving. She seeks to improve the wellbeing of everyone she meets, that she may reap the benefits of their positive emotions pouring into her.

Force and Order specific background

Archetype: Defensive, support, sensory

Details: Isenas innate combat senses as an Echani are enhanced by her force sensitivity, enabling her to predict the moves of those she engages in direct combat with with almost pinpoint accuracy.

Her force enhanced empathy is one of her more powerful abilities letting her understand and sympathize with those around her, making her excellent at conflict resolution. With enough training she hopes to be able to share this ability between others, letting them understand each other through her. With much focus, training, and meditation, she may even be able to read specific thoughts.

Guard Shoto: While preferring hand to hand combat in the Echani style, Isena carries a Guard Shoto style lightsaber to seal with blaster fire and rivals with Lightsabers. Its longer lightsaber resistant handle makes it better for defense, which is her primary way focus in battle.

I know Echani as a near human race aren’t quite as exotic as the others but I think their culture would be interesting to explore from the lens of the Jensaari.

A grey force user setting sounds great for an idea I’ve had regarding Sith, what if they were powered by positive emotions? All the Sith we typically see are powered by hate or fear, what if they derived power from love and kindness? Just a thought of something I’d like to explore.

Last edited by Tahril; Apr 21st, 2021 at 10:47 PM.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 10:38 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Welcome tahril, looks good.

Exoticism is relative. In this setting it can come with strange biology, but it doesn't have to be that. The echani seem interesting. Fun coincidence that they are matriachic, and the jensaarai leadership just happens to be female currently.

I think power through love is an interesting idea, and can mesh with jensaarai thought. In fact it seems like a rephrasing of a key concept - They very much feel that if you are good enough you can source power from a bad place, i.e. the sith, and turn it into something positive. Love and goodness aren't too hard to equate.

I'll have more thought for everybody tomorrow - keep 'em coming!
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15884
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Yeah the harch first appeared in Clone Wars. They seemed to be pretty unusual and I can see their individualism leading them away from the more rigid Jedi. I just had hand surgery yesterday but I'll get something written up once I'm able to use two hands again.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 10:41 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5879
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
I've added a few things including a short story on finding a master. Probably enough for the moment. I did not due an RP section yet, aside from that sparse bit in the sotry, and I'm still somewhat figuring the Gand out with regards to personality and interaction, but I've got the basics. I added a prelim character sheet, skills only, and ideas surrounding.

I might add some other background, as in how vie was found but that may take me a little longer and a bit of research.

Although I represented some of the principle NPC in a story under Force Specifics, I left them pretty uncharacterized in hopes of not taking any liberty with your planned style for them.

Last edited by GeneT; Apr 13th, 2021 at 11:00 PM.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2734
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
I also am going to add some more specie story elements to my application. It should be much more complete by Wednesday (feedback day).

DIT: I didn't get as much entered as I wanted to yesterday. Please just circle back around to me. I have plenty of ideas, but time got away from me.

Last edited by Howling Winds of; Apr 14th, 2021 at 01:41 PM.
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 06:33 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good Howling. As it is there would not be enough for me to talk about yet, but I may start feedbacking before you get to your additions. Not a problem though, if that happens I'll just circle back around to you later in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
Although I represented some of the principle NPC in a story under Force Specifics, I left them pretty uncharacterized in hopes of not taking any liberty with your planned style for them.
That's a good call to start us off. They are not fully described yet to give you a bit of wiggle room to create any kind of relationships with them, but I realise now that an applicant might not want to take liberties, as you said. But look at it this way - you can start off by describing the type of relationship (My master is X, I specifically like Y, I do not like Z very much) to shape a basic story that we can then work on. I almost always give feedback to players, which is when we can start to figure out who these people are to your characters. As a matter of fact, the npcs are just big building blocks so I myself have that room to adapt around the players, so you don't have to assume I've set it all in stone. I've got my ideas, of course, but there is a lot of give there. Worst case scenario I might nudge you a little in a direction, but I try not to stonewall completely.

Basically it's fine to read between the lines a bit to infer what a certain NPC might be like, if that helps write your story. For example, Gorga is an ex-mercenary Houk, so that might paint a picture in your head already. Bourtai Vekku uses a type of lightsaber specifically made for duels, which might give you some ideas as to what he's about too. Diaboye Bede and Ugyer Xotl are both ex Jedi that use the same type of weapon and form, did they have the same master? Ivik Po'Machi uses a covert type of lightweapon and a form made for people that want to focus on everything but lightsaber combat, so might be more of a diplomat or scholar, while Aks Teem uses a very wild and hard to master type of weapon - these are all things that you may latch on to as you think about relationships, just to steer the ship a little. An easy "cheat" might be to set up a sort of conflicting master and then figure out why that might be the case - somebody might have originally had a master in the Dwomutsaarai, who have since left the order, and when they needed a new master the only one available did not exactly fit right in style or personality. This would not inherently set you back in terms of training, as they are all capable, but you'd already have a nice bit of friction there to spark some story.

Anyway, the only really mandatory relationship is that to your master. I need to at least know who it is. Having a friend or enemy/rival too would be a bonus.

And about the sheet - I don't mind you thinking about that stuff already, but as I said we will finalise/start to do them all at the same time, right after I accept whoever I accept into the game. It would help you hit the ground running, but I don't take it into account for selection.

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 14th, 2021 at 06:38 AM.
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 07:49 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
I'll do my feedback bit by bit so as not to burn myself out, but I should get to everybody today. Might circle back to howling, as I said - but no stress - if you only get something written up by tomorrow then you just get that feedback then, no harm done at all.

@Begon Ugo

@Impaleddearan

@GeneT

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 14th, 2021 at 08:02 AM.
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 08:13 AM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26529
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 08:44 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@BU

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 14th, 2021 at 08:44 AM.
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Another round of feeback:

@NightDreamer09

@Tahril

@everybody I started tracking what master Characters might take, as we don't want a situation where everybody piles on one npc. The Jensaarai can't afford for defenders to train a single pupil in general, so they might have a little more of an "it takes a village" attitude in general, but when you count them up you have 9 defenders (not counting the saarai-kaar) to 25 apprentices (assuming I pick the maximum amount of players). That would mean having two or three apprentices at a time would be the most common for them at this time.
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 10:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2158
Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 11:30 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@T
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 11:47 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 391
NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09
@Phettberg
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5879
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Nothing to see here.
Move along. Move along.

Last edited by GeneT; Apr 14th, 2021 at 12:52 PM.