RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 15th, 2021, 03:52 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10871
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Actually, a droid was one of the ideas I was mulling around. I mean, what's star wars without a droid?
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 04:02 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18245
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impaleddearan View Post
I updated mine with a master
Great, but remember to also address that in your background, in addition to taking into account what I have told you in your first round of feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
Actually, a droid was one of the ideas I was mulling around. I mean, what's star wars without a droid?
That's true! It's not a huge issue to rustle one up, in fact a droid can be made as quickly and simply as a biological character. The only difference, if you create your own custom(ised) model, is that you'd have to have a look at those options that go beyond attributes and skills - that'd be things like the type of locomotion, limbs, built-in special equipment and whathaveyou. In game-terms it's in a similar category as the special abilities that some races have.

Doesn't have to stop you though. You could just start out by going through the wiki, looking at common droid types. Maybe something will mostly feel right "off the rack", and that might end up being easiest.

EDIT: If you have an inkling of what Class of droid you'd be interested in I might already have a look around for suitable models.

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 15th, 2021 at 04:04 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
How about an assassin droid that had been sent to kill one of the key members of the Jensaarai, but was disabled, reprogrammed, and now serves the order.
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 04:41 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
How about an assassin droid that had been sent to kill one of the key members of the Jensaarai, but was disabled, reprogrammed, and now serves the order.
I'd have no issue with that, though with the common models you'd have some pretty big shoes to fill, like with the HK or IG-88 types.

I leave it up to you to develop the character as you please, but you can also flip the story on its head a bit - take a totally non-combat droid, and say that the Jensaarai reprogrammed him to become something else (or he developed a personality all by himself). That'd be like 4-LOM, the protocol droid turned bouny hunter.

As I love browsing what's out there I actually went through some of the droids that have stats in the system, and I picked out some that are humanoid and have some okay pictures on wookiepedia (the list is loosely sorted along the classes):

In a way the idea of a separatist droid is an interesting one, given that Nikkos Tyris was briefly (and misguidedly) aligned with Count Dooku. But who knows, some of those protocol or workers droids may also be interesting to turn into a fighter, if that's the type of character you'd want to end up with.
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 05:52 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Ok, thanks for the info. Let me take this all in and I'll see what I can come up with.
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 06:37 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Sure, take your time. Looking at my post above I should probably clarify though - if you see some other type of droid it'd be very easy to stat it, so don't feel locked into my random curated list above.

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 15th, 2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 08:07 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5864
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
"It is the Findsman's way to see the truth. To find the signs that hide amongst the ordinary."
―Yuun
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 10:17 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15884
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Does Whatever a Spider-Jensaarai Can
right-aligned image

Name: Sks'chk Kch'sk-Skcha (Also goes by 'Six' among non-Harch)
Species: Harch
Homeworld: Secundus Ando

Last edited by PalladiaMors; Apr 20th, 2021 at 08:04 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 11:09 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Name: PK8-08
Species:Class five Cybot Galactica PK-Series Worker Droid
Homeworld: Manufactured in a Cybot Galactica droid factory on Affa

Physical description and personality: PK8-08 stands nearly four feet tall and is constructed of durable alloys that provide him a frame that made him suitable for construction in inhospitable environments. As with other PK8s, he is painted yellow, though this has become faded and scratched with age. Despite being a droid, he does posses an anatomy that resembles that of a humanoid.

Even before gaining his freedom, PK8 has always been fiercely protective of the Jensaarai, doing whatever he can to protect them and their agenda. He is friendly and enjoys having conversations with anyone. Although he has begun to experience emotions, such as anger and happiness, there are still many that he struggles to understand and express. In general, humor is lost on him.

General Background:
PK8-08 was purchased by the Jensaarai in the year 22 BBY to aid in the building of their halls and other structures. As per usual with the purchase of any droid, PK8's memory was wiped before being sent on his way to aid in the construction.

During the Jedi assault in 20 BBY and their attempted capture of Nikkos Tyris, PK8 was preset during the battle and ultimately damaged when the Sith Holocron was destroyed. PK8 was repaired and put back to work, this time to rebuild what he had spent the last couple of years building.

Several years pass with not much changing for PK8, despite the Clone Wars ending, the Republic coming to an end, Palpatine issuing Order 66, and the fall of the Jedi Order, those on Susevfi remained sheltered from the chaos swirling in the galaxy around them.

In 17 BBY, Palpatine sent a small contingent of inquisitors to hunt down and destroy what he believed to be the relatively small group of Jensaarai. One of the inquisitors came upon a resource gathering station that was still under construction. PK8-08 had been sent there to assist with the building. Only a handful of Jensaarai were present to oversee the construction, along with several of their children, two of which were force sensitive. The inquisitor was closest to the children's location when he approached the station and sensed their presence, as he had been trained to do...

Last edited by Silent Rain; Apr 16th, 2021 at 06:34 PM.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 06:09 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Palladia, Silent - looking great! I've added you both to the table, very interesting stuff as far as I can see on first glance, I will have some more in-depth feedback to you today.

Now interestingly enough we've got our third character that has/would like to have Diaboye Bede as their master. I'd say three apprentices is still in the realm of possibility, as the average number of apprentices is "2,7". I'll put out a description for Diaboye out later, and I may also detail another defender just to give more options. Then we can talk about whether we'll leave things like they are or whether somebody might want to switch. No pressure, as I said all three characters could be feasibly picked up at the same time.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 08:15 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@GeneT

@Impaleddearan

@Begon Ugo, GeneT, PalladiaMors (If any of these three do not see some writing here let me know.
@everybody

Given the fact that we had a bit of "piling" on to one npc I decided to increase the number of Defenders by 2, detailing the same amount and at least giving the races for the 4 defenders as of yet un-outlined. It may lead to some people reconsidering or new people coming in having more options in general.

However, bumps the defender/apprentice ratio down to 2,2 - so people training 3 apprentices became a little rarer, though still not unheard of.

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 16th, 2021 at 08:57 AM.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 08:31 AM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26429
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 08:55 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@BU

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 16th, 2021 at 08:57 AM.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 12:22 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5864
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
"At least I know you don't snore. Heck, I don't even know if you breathe."
―Corran Horn in regards to rooming with the Gand Ooryl Qrygg

Last edited by GeneT; Apr 16th, 2021 at 12:26 PM.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
And some more feedback:

@PalladiaMors

@Silent Rain

@GeneT

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 16th, 2021 at 03:32 PM.