RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 18th, 2021, 06:32 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18245
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
@PalladiaMors

@Draidden Welcome! I've got a few minutes, so I might as well give you some feedback immediately.

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 18th, 2021 at 06:52 AM.
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 11:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1800
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 12:35 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
@D
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 04:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1800
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
I will stick with the Quarren and I added some to the background and personality sections.
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 09:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2158
Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril
Ive added some more to my application. Finished with the backstory and added a picture. Not sure if the timelines perfect but Im ready for more feedback if you have any!
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 05:12 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@Draidden Looks good. Touches upon everything that I need to know, so I will mark it as done. I wonder, if I picked up both your's and Silent's character how would Thaz likely feel around the droid? It's a funny thing, where your Quarren usually feels pretty good around machines more so than with people, but here is a droid that is coming as close to "people" as they get.

@Tahril

@PalladiaMors

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 19th, 2021 at 05:18 AM.
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 09:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Tahril; Apr 19th, 2021 at 09:02 AM.
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 09:30 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@Tahril
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 12:46 PM
The Greatest Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1905
abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123
Just posting interest right now, in finals week, but I'll try to have an app in before the deadline. Think I'm leading towards a force-positive Trandoshan, someone rejected by his race for being physically weak, and rejected from the Jedi Academy for his race, so he's been working smuggling and bounty hunting jobs across the galaxy, until he felt pulled towards the moon Susevfi while passing through the Quence system.
Games Playing: Stars Without Number: Omega Blue / Star Wars: The Jensaarai
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 01:52 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome abc - looking forward to reading it! Bit under a week to go, so there should be time enough.

Trandoshans are quite interesting in their relationship with the empire and their overall personalities, so very exciting to undermine some of that. Also we've yet to have anything scaly at all, so that's nice as well.

You get the odd Trandoshan Jedi, but if the character approached the order himself age likely played a large factor as well, though they may well have pretended like it was a species issue only. I was just talking to other players about this, but it's easy to forget the "ideal recruit" to the Jedi were literally babies, taken early after birth to minimise exposure to the galaxy at large. Whether that's good or bad - well, we're Jensaarai here.
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 03:13 PM
The Greatest Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1905
abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Welcome abc - looking forward to reading it! Bit under a week to go, so there should be time enough.

Trandoshans are quite interesting in their relationship with the empire and their overall personalities, so very exciting to undermine some of that. Also we've yet to have anything scaly at all, so that's nice as well.

You get the odd Trandoshan Jedi, but if the character approached the order himself age likely played a large factor as well, though they may well have pretended like it was a species issue only. I was just talking to other players about this, but it's easy to forget the "ideal recruit" to the Jedi were literally babies, taken early after birth to minimise exposure to the galaxy at large. Whether that's good or bad - well, we're Jensaarai here.
Yeah, I thought it would be fun to play in that context. I saw a couple Trandoshan Jedi like Lissarkh and Mrssk, but yeah, definitely few and far between. I was debating playing into the age thing as well, partly because their warlike nature appears to be more cultural influence than biological, through the worship of the Scorekeeper and the like, so the few Trandoshan Jedi were probably grabbed before those really had an influence on their lives, but also because Jedis don't tend to take in anyone older than babies. Nice to know we're on the same page, lol.
Games Playing: Stars Without Number: Omega Blue / Star Wars: The Jensaarai
Old Apr 20th, 2021, 08:05 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15884
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
App all updated!
Old Apr 20th, 2021, 10:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Same here. I think I've added all what I want though of course I'm always open to more feedback.

And may I just say that I really do appreciate you taking the time to provide individual feedback for each applicant @Phettberg. With more applicants than slots its inevitable that not everyone will make the cut but your still providing feedback to everyone who applies which makes the process more interesting even if the character doesn't get picked. I know if I dont make it I'll still hang onto my character for any more Star Wars games that come around. Good luck everyone!

Last edited by Tahril; Apr 20th, 2021 at 10:17 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 07:05 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
@Palladia Looks great, marked done now.

@Tahril
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 07:21 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
About giving feedback - I guess I could save myself a lot of time and effort by not doing it, but i see only upsides to the process. I quite like it actually.

For one it enables every applicant to put something together that actually has a chance. It's easy for me to shrug at seeing some objective or subjective fault that makes a character unsuitable for the game that I want to run, letting it sit there until the deadline, but then I just have one fewer applicant. Likely we'll only have one or two people above my maximum for recruitment anyway, so it seems like a waste, given that one wonky plot point does not at all mean the app is "bad". I suppose if you know you'll get thirty people pitching in anyway it'd be a bit different, but still.

Also, it gets me thinking about parts of the story and setting that might not have occurred to me before as I'm presented with a different perspective on it, never a bad thing. You will have noticed that information keeps growing bit by bit, and it's partially inspired by what has been put out there in this thread.

The last part is probably the most important: I learn a lot about the players when going back and forth a bit, and vice versa. If there are any dealbreakers it's better to find out about them here rather than in game.

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 21st, 2021 at 07:23 AM.